Bharathiar University Distance Education MBA
Bharathiar University was recognized at Coimbatore by the Tamil Nadu Government the year 1982 under the stipulation of the Bharathiar University Act, 1981. The University was named after the great poet Subramania Bharathi and is protected with the maxim “Educate to Elevate”.
Bharathiar University’s School of Distance Education was recognized during the scholastic year 1991-92. The school has restricted its maneuver for the palpable reason of intensification of its base to offer superior tutoring. Having comprehended the purpose, the school has started expanding its deed by recognizing and appreciating study centers all through the country to assist in achieving higher literacy rate and gross enrolment ratio.
All the Courses offered by the School of Distance Education, Bharathiar University have been provisionally recognized by the DEB (DEC), New Delhi vide its letter no F.No. DEC/2009/4909, Dated 17.12.2009 and F. No. DEC/BU/CMBRT/TN/2010/7207-7211, dated 27.05.2014.
Details of MBA Courses
- MBA specialization – 2 years
- Executive MBA course – 2 years
- Integrated MBA course – 5 years
- Eligibility Criteria:
- MBA specialization – A pass in any degree
- Executive MBA course – Any Degree in Any Major with 3 Years of Work Experience
- Integrated MBA course – Diploma in any major, HSC in any major, pre-degree in any major
- Medium: English and Tamil
- Specializations Offered
- Marketing Management
- Tourism and Hotel Management
- Financial Management
- Hospital Management
- Investment Management
- International Business
- Human Resources Management
- Retail Management
- Information System Management
- Financial Services
- Services Management
- Export Management
- Project Management
- Technology Management
- Aviation Management
- Airline and Airport Management
- Shipping and Port Management
- Health Care Management
- Shipping and Logistics Management
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Customer Relationship Management
- Costing and Financial Management
- Disaster Management
- Banking and Finance Management
- Event Management
- Materials Management
- International Shipping and Air
- Shipping and Air
- Software Testing and Quality Management
- Industry Integrated
- Integrated MBA
- Executive MBA
How to apply?
There is no entrance exam and admission can be obtained through following options:
a) Spot Admission:
Bharathiar University and Study Centres (more than 350 Study Centres cum Spot Admission Centres all over India) provide the facility of admission to MBA program.
b) Application by Post:
Demand Draft for Rs.200/- is required to be sent to the Director, School of Distance Education, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore
c) Application in person:
Pay Rs. 150/- in any of the State Bank of India or Bank of India Challan without DD commission or a crossed Demand Draft drawn in favor of the Director, School of Distance Education, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore payable at Coimbatore and get the application form.
d) Application from Website:
Applications can be downloaded from the University website.
Filled in Application Forms have to be submitted to the Study Centres / Spot Admission Centres / City Centres / Bharathiar University or by post along with the Registration Fee Rs.100/- and xerox copies of Certificates.
Exclusive career fairs are conducted at Bharathiar University for Distance Education Students.
- The fees of 2 years MBA program is INR 25,570 (as of the year 2017)
- The fees of 2 years Executive MBA program is INR 33,300(as of the year 2017)
- The fees of 5 years Integrated MBA program is INR 37,905 (as of the year 2017)
Detailed fee break up could be calculated from MBA fees page.
- 10% Tuition Fee concession to all women
- 25% Tuition Fee concession to teachers, defence / police personnel, press / media persons, graduates of Bharathiar University
- 100% Fee exemption granted to differently-abled students.
All expenses to the School of Distance Education should be duly made through a crossed MICR Demand Draft along with the properly filled in fee payment form. The enrollment number as well as the student’s name should be clearly written on the overturn side of the DD to make sure appropriate accounting in the student’s name. The fees once paid will not be repaid or attuned under any circumstances. A penal fee of Rs.100/- will be charged if the fee is deposited after due date has passed.
Bharathiar University, Coimbatore – 641 046
Phone – (91) 0422 – 2428212