BOOKS FOR CAT
Books For the CAT Exam
There are three areas of study in the CAT exam, which are served into two sections. We will look at different books for CAT which students should refer to in order to perk up their study. Quantitative Aptitude is one section for which the coaching institutes have developed the most comprehensive preparation material.
There are loads of books in the market which can be bought by students in this section. However, the most recommended ones are given below
Books for Quantitative Aptitude (QA) section
- Arun Sharma – Highly recommended and since it is popular, it has its own thread on Pagalguy too.
- SK Verma – Good for clearing basics, goes into much detail and may get a tad boring for those who are used to this section. Those who are brand new, should buy this book over Arun Sharma as this one is more detailed than the former.
- Nishant Sinha – A good book for MBA preparation but the above two shine above and beyond this one.
- TIME material of Quant is very good.
- Test Funda Book for Quant.
- Total Gadha Number System Book.
Once you are through with Arun Sharma, complete it once again. It is probably one of the most important books for CAT. You should be able to remember each and every type of question when you sit for the exam.
The CAT exam has a crucial element under the Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation niche and students are always found searching books for CAT in order to study this section effectively. Here we share some resources which students can and should use in order to prepare this section.
Some Great books and material for Logical reasoning and Data Interpretation for this section include –
- Career Launcher LR DI book – a thick booklet, the thickest in fact.
- TIME Logical Reasoning for checking out the type of questions which are normally asked.
- Test Fundas’ Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation Module
- Test Funda free puzzle.
- Shakuntla Devi Puzzles
- Last but certainly not the least – Arun Sharma Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation book.
These books for CAT should form part of your arsenal and virtually anything which wreaks your brain like Sudoku etc. would be a plus. Data Interpretation is one section that is more about practice than logic. However, even the logical reasoning part can be improved by students with consistent effort.
The verbal Ability section of the CAT exam is perhaps the broadest of all. It cannot be encompassed by just one book and needs a wholesome approach, with consistent side by side practice on part of the student.
Books for preparation of the Verbal Ability section of CAT include –
- SAT Preparation – It is used for preparing SAT. It is good for the critical reasoning section in particular.
- Normal Lewis Vocabulary book.
- Career Launcher RC 2
- Flash cards would also do justice to your preparation.
The key to acing this section is to get used to reading a lot and especially on screen. Some students who are habituated of reading novels in paperback version may find the transition cumbersome but in the long run, it is easy to adapt. Try to read as much as you can and as boring stuff as you can from various niches.