An Introduction to the CAT Exam and Useful Resources for the same
The Common Admission Test aka the CAT exam is conducted online once every year, in October/November period. The students qualifying the same reach the second stage of the road which leads to admission in the coveted IIMs and various other management colleges in India.
About the CAT Exam
It contains two sections
- Quantitative Aptitute (Quant – i.e. Mathematics) and Data Interpretation
- Logical Reasoning and Verbal Ability
- The Time period is equal for each of these sections and students are not allowed to hop from one section to the other.
- It is 140 minutes, 70 minutes for each section.
- Each section has 30 questions each.
- A fifteen minute tutorial precedes the exam.
- 4 Choices for each question.
- +3 for each right answer, -1 for each wrong answer.
- Candidates need to do well in both the section as most colleges have sectional cut offs.
Another question that is normally asked by students is which books should one study. It is also a good question and a careful one too that needs to be tackled if student want to perform to their ability in the right manner. Not only is it important to study, but its very important to study the right thing for the exam.
If you want some details on Books for CAT, then you can refer the link over here. One of the best resources which gives a holistic view on preparation for CAT is Test Funda, which is definitely the best foot forward if you are looking for a complete solution in terms of books you should study.
If you wish to know about various changes that would be reflected in the paper, then you can sign up for our newsletter delivered to your email.
If you like our website, please consider joining us on Facebook or Google+ and help us spread the word.