CAT pattern has undergone a change with major changes include –
- Two sections instead of three.
- Increase in time – 140 minutes in total.
- Quant and DI together form one section.
- Verbal and LR to form another section.
- Each section will have a time limit of 70 minutes.
- On screen countdown timer for each section.
- 30 questions in each section.
The forms are not out yet for CAT. Some changes as per our opinion that would ensue –
- More benefit for commerce stream students.
- Change in strategy for students.
- May alter diversification pattern for IIMs.
- Importance of Test Series increases.
- Change is the only constant – students should be flexible and forthcoming.
- Verbal Ability becomes more crucial.
- Old advice based on previous 2 years may go for a six.
What would not change –
- The manner of study.
- Better time management as was observed in online avatar.
- Basics as always are of prime importance.
If you are looking to buy test series/material, then you can check out a cool resource with discounts over here –