Somewhere in Madras. Credit - Sarathy
Madras University Correspondence MBA
Being one of the oldest establishments of Public State Universities in India, Madras University is one of the most preferred education destinations in the country. Established back in 1857, there have been quite a lot of attempts by the university to introduce Distance Learning as a fully fledged part of its curriculum.
As a part of its distance learning program that has more than 78 courses, the University has an array of MBA courses to offer.
Mba Courses offered
- MBA General- 2 years
- MBA Executive- 1-year theory and 1-year project
- MBA Integrated- 5 years
- Eligibility Criteria
- MBA General-
- Qualified under 10 + 2 + 3 pattern of education
- A Professional Degree in Engineering/Technology/Medicine/Architecture/Law
- Professional qualification in Accountancy / Cost & Works Accountancy / Company Secretaryship
- MBA Executive-
- A graduate of a recognized University or a deemed to be University Program with a 10+2+3 pattern of educational program
- At least 3 years of experience in industries run under the public sector or semi or quasi-Government organizations or in an executive, managerial or supervisory rank in a business enterprise
- MBA Integrated- Qualified under 10 + 2 pattern of education. For more details on eligibility, refer prospectus.
- MBA General-
- Medium: English
- Specializations offered for General MBA course
- Apparel Management
- Educational Management
- Export Import Management
- Financial Management
- Hospital Management
- Human Resource Management
- International Business Management
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Marketing Management
- Operations Management
- Shipping and Port Management
- Systems Management
- Travel and Tourism
Course Fee Structure
- MBA General- ~17,000 INR (as of the year 2017)
- MBA Executive- ~30,000 INR (as of the year 2017)
- MBA Integrated- ~27,000 INR (as of the year 2017)
Admissions are basically conducted under the Academic year & Calendar year streams. The University of Madras has two admission gateways for MBA Aspirants under its Distance Learning Curriculum:
- On-the-spot Admissions: First-year aspirants looking forward to getting admissions through this gateway need to be present at the Study or On the Spot Admission Centres with all the required documents and certificates with their respective original copies.
- Single Window Admissions: Aspirants who want to make it directly to the University’s campus can make use of the Admission Centre better known as the Single Window Admission Centre set up in the Chepauk Campus of the University in the IDE Building, Chennai.
- The center remains functional from morning 10 o’clock to evening 5 o’clock on all the seven days of the week.
- It is expected of the applicants that they collect the prospectus and application forms from the sales counter by paying a nominal amount of Rs. 100 in cash and paying the requisite registration fees at the Registration Fee counter.
Prospectus and Application Form Details
The entire Distance Learning Course structure along with a split Syllabi can be obtained from the Prospectus issued by the Madras University. One of the following modes can be adopted as far the prospectus and admission forms of the University are concerned:
- Personal Collection: The form can be collected individually or in person from the Counter at the University Campus.
- The Counter here refers to the Study or the Spot Admission Centre. A nominal fee of Rs.100 will have to be paid in cash at the time of collection.
- E-Prospectus: There is an option of downloading the prospectus along with the admission form from the University Website.
- In case a downloaded copy of the form being submitted, a fee of Rs. 100 is required to be paid along with the registration fees.
- By Post Collection: In case you wish to obtain a copy of the prospectus and the admission form by Post, all you have to do is write into the University with a demand draft of Rs. 150 drawn in favor of “The Director, IDE., University of Madras”. The draft is to be made payable at Chennai.
For more info on the college and obtaining the prospectus, the following can be contacted:
Institute of Distance Education, University of Madras,
IDE Building, Chepauk, Chennai- 05
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Options for Students
If you are into distance MBA, you may also consider looking at some other options:
- IIM Distance Education
- Symbiosis Distance Learning MBA
- XLRI Distance Learning
- IGNOU MBA distance learning
- IMT Ghaziabad Distance MBA
- ICFAI Distance MBA