Osmania University Distance Education MBA
The Vision of Osmania University is to create and circulate knowledge through a pleasant intermingle of modern and ancient acumen and to provide the society by mounting in candidates heightened academic, edifying, principled, and compassionate sensitivities; to promote a methodical temper, and to endorse proficient and scientific know-how. The Osmania University is recognized by DEC (Distance Education Council) and UPE (University with Potential Excellence) and is recognized by NAAC.
The functions of the CDE (Centre for Distance Education) are:
- To offer a system of student centered self-paced learning
- To offer supple and need-based courses
To facilitate knowledge acquisition throughout one’s life and be an active member in a knowledge society
General Information for MBA program
1. No age restriction for the candidates who apply for any course
2. Applicants from all over India will be given admission. The candidate must fulfill the mandatory eligibility criteria.
3. Applicants from abroad are also entitled to seek admission.
a) They need to fulfill the eligibility criteria
b) They should provide an address in INDIA for correspondence and wherein the study material could be dispatched.
a) An applicant should qualify the ICET (Integrated Common Entrance Test) for the current year
b) A pass at Intermediate/10+2 need not be claimed
c) (i) An applicant who passed directly succeeding the examination with Mathematics as a subject in the Degree curriculum can apply
(ii) An applicant who passed the examination without Mathematics as a subject in the Degree is entitled to seek admission
d) Applicants who passed the SSC examination with Mathematics as a subject and National Open School can seek admission.
Duration of the course
The course duration is three academic years
MBA Exam Scheme
• There is no detention system in the Distance Education offered by Osmania University. The students who have been unsuccessful in the exam will also be allowed to carry on the study course for the subsequent year.
• The candidates unsuccessful in examination have to complete the course in 6 years from the joining date. If they fail to complete the course in six years, they have to re-register the course by paying Rs 500 per year.
- Tuition fee for the First year: 12000
- Tuition fee for the Second year: 12000
- Tuition fee for the Third year: 12000
- M.B.A: I YEAR
1. Org. Theory & Behavior (OTB)
2. Managerial Economics (ME)
3. Financial Acct. & Analysis (FA&A)
4. Principles of Marketing (PM)
5. Statistics for Management (SM)
6. Introduction to Inf. Tech (IIT)
7. Business Laws & Ethics (BLE)
8. Human Resource Management (HRM)
- M.B.A: II YEAR
1. Economic, Environment and Policy
2. Financial Management
3. Marketing Research
4. Quantitative Techniques for decision making
5. Management Information System
6. Business Communications
7. Management Accounting Control
8. Production and Operations Management
- M.B.A: III YEAR
1. Technology Management & Entrepreneurship
2. Strategic Management
3. International Business
4. Supply Chain Management
5. Elective of (HRM Area)
- Organisation Development and Team Building
- Leadership and Change Management
- Performance Appraisal and Counseling
- Industrial Relations and Labour Laws.
6. Elective of (Marketing Area)
- Product Management
- Promotion and Distribution Management
- Consumer Behavior
- Services Marketing
7. Elective of (Financial Area)
- Strategic Financial Decisions
- Financial System and Services
- International Finances
- Security Analysis & Portfolio Management
8. Project Report
How to take admission?
Prospectus as well as Application form can be collected at the Office of Director, PGRRCDE, OU. The candidates who wish to seek admission must send a DD of Rs. 150/- in the favour of Director, PGRRCDE, OU drawn from a nationalized Bank. The same should be payable at Hyderabad with a self-addressed envelope of 11” x 5” size.
The Prospectus as well as Application form can also be acquired by submitting a Demand Draft for Rs.100 at SBH Extension Counter or Sales counter at PGRRCDE, University Press & Publications, Andhra Bank, Vidyanagar; Canara Bank, Mettuguda; State Bank of Hyderabad branches at Nizamabad, Nalgonda, Mahabubnagar and from the Coordinator; Girraj Government College, Nizamabad and Nagarjuna Government Degree College, Nalgonda. The candidates can also download the Prospectus and Application form can also be downloaded from www.oucde.ac.in.
Award of Division
First division (distinction): 70 percent of marks and above
First division : 60 percent & above and less than 70 percent
Second division: 50 percent & above and less than 60 percent
Pass division : 40 percent & above and less than 50 percent
The distance education of Osmaniya University offers 100 percent placements to its management candidates.
Prof. G. Ram Reddy Centre for Distance Education
Hyderabad – 500 007