Symbiosis Distance Education Programs
Symbiosis Center for Distance Learning Offers correspondence education to students across the world. One of the most sought after degree/diploma is that of Masters in Business Administration (MBA).
Students from over 45 countries are currently studying under the ambit of Symbiosis Distance Learning umbrella. The programs designed by SCDL are tuned up to match the current trends and demands of the modern day world.
List of Courses Offered
- Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration (with specialization in Finance, Marketing, HR, Operations and CRM)
- Post Graduate Diploma in International Business
- Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Finance
- Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Insurance Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Retail Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Customer Relationship Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Supply Chain Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Export and Import Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Information Technology
- Post Graduate Diploma in Technical Writing
- Post Graduate Diploma in Education Administration
- Post Graduate Diploma in Instructional Design
- Post Graduate Diploma in Pre-primary Teachers Training
- Post Graduate Diploma in Business and Corporate Law
Graduate in any discipline, from a recognized university.
International Student Graduates from recognized institution.
Final Year Student Graduates can also apply.
Correspondence Course Duration
The duration of the course is for 2 years. However, the registration is valid for a period of 4 years.
Is Symbiosis Distance Learning Recognized?
One of the most crucial things that students should always check is the recognition of the institute. The Symbiosis University is recognized by the UGC. As per the records of DEC over here, this is what is being said.
This is an extract of the letter from UGC:
|1||Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning, Pune||2007-08||Till committee visits and submits its recommendations||
Thus, it was recognized till 2008, but further verification is pending. We were not able to clarify any further. It is best if students call both Symbiosis Center of Distance Learning (Phone: +91-20-66211000 (Hunting lines)) and DEC, both in order to find out the latest status.
Update: You can read the accredition letter for SCDL here – Letter of Symbiosis accredition
Also, explicitly clarify as to which courses are recognized and which are not, as there are some courses which may be added only now and may not be recognized. But please note that diploma courses are not degree courses, this is one of the most crucial error made my students. Hence, you might not be eligible for government jobs that require a management degree specifically.
Dual Specialization is available for this course. Graduates have the option to choose from
For getting dual specialization, students must clear the primary specialization first and then submit additional fees for dual diploma.
Symbiosis Program Fee Structure
|Indian National||INR 1000/-|
|International Students||INR 5000/- (Roughly $100)|
|SAARC Students||INR 3750/- (Roughly $75)|
|Active Defence Personnel||INR 27,500/-|
|SAARC Students||INR 50,000/- (Roughly $1000)|
|International Students||INR 95,000/- (Roughly $2000)|
Admission Procedure Steps
- Purchase the prospectus containing all the details regarding the programs of the university.
- Submit the Application Form (available online) with complete details and registration fee.
- Submit the First Installment or Complete Fee after confirmation of admission.
Availability of Application Form:
- Students can directly walk into one of SCDL offices.
- You can even apply online here
- Students can collect brochures/application form from select Axis Bank Branches. List Here.
- One can also use the Postal Media in order to get the prospectus and other related forms for admission
International Students are supposed to pay the fee in Indian Currency only and the conversion rate has been fixed at INR 67/- to a dollar.
Features of Symbiosis MBA via Distance Mode
- Study Material: Study Material for every semester is sent to students for every term.
- e-Learning modules: Interactive learning about certain aspects of the syllabi.
- e-Mentoring: Email Support is available to students too.
- Virtual Classroom Sessions: Students attend classes online, can ask questions and interact with the faculty.
After Course Placements
The students who complete distance course do not become eligible for the regular course placement support. However, placement assistance is provided (as per the website). It’s a good initiative by the institute, but we remain skeptical as to how useful this might be considering the number of students applying for the same.
Symbiosis Admission for International Students
Symbi is one of the few universities which has extensive options for SAARC nations. You can find details regarding the same over here – and choose International and SAARC student admissions.
Our Own Understanding
Symbiosis has one of the best distance learning post graduate diploma in business administration in the country. It is professionally managed and has a reasonable fee structure. It also has pan India presence, which makes it easy for students shifting their location regularly. If you are looking for private options for doing distance education in the field of business, Symbiosis is definitely one of the best options out there.
There are some other options with respect to distance learning available to students as of now. It’s recommended that aspirants also read about the following:
Other Options For Students
- IGNOU distance education MBA
- XLRI distance programs
- IIM Distance Education
- Top 10 MBA Programs In India
- Are you interested in MBA? Find out the basics of it – Why MBA?
Symbiosis Contact Information:
Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning
1065 B, Gokhale Cross Road, Model Colony,
Pune – 411016, Maharashtra, India.
Phone: +91-20-66211000 (Hunting lines)
SCDL Working Hours: 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM
There is a social sharing bar at the end of this article. Please help us by sharing this article on Facebook, Google+ or Twitter. We would be really grateful.