The exam consists of three sections and you need to write an essay at the end. The number of questions varies each year and may be of variable marks. The negative marking is also changed every year. XAT is a test of surprises and having a pre determined mind set is not a good strategy for students to follow.
A General Over View of the Pattern of XAT
- May have selective negative marking.
- Three sections – each has 20-35 questions in each. Quant/DI/LR/Verbal Ability/Decision Making are the different sections.
- Moderate to difficult level.
- May have selective marking.
- Varying degree of questions, and never before seen question types.
- They will make an attempt to surprise but remember that the basic structure of the exam stays the same.
Read about XAT Preparation Tips and Strategies Over here and also find out the best books for XAT exam.