XLRI Distance Education Programs
Xavier Labor Research Institute aka XLRI offers students across the nation an opportunity to study under the XL brand via its satellite courses or online courses.
These courses are offered in various disciplines and have been mentioned below for your perusal. The courses are provided via the satellite medium and hence the name.
- Note that XLRI does not offer placement assistance to candidates enrolling in these programs. Also, these programs are not equivalent to an MBA degree by any means. They are just an add on to the skill set which you may have.
- Technically, these are not even correspondence programs. These are delivered live to enrolled students.
List of Programs Being Offered
- Post Graduate Certification in Business Management
- Post Graduate Certification in Human Resource Management
- Post Graduate Certification in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Post Graduate Certification in Retail Management
- Post Graduate Certification in Sales and Marketing Management
Are these Programs Equivalent to MBA?
No, these are not equivalent to MBA.
Admission Procedure to XLRI Distance Programs
Admission Queries for this course should be initiated over here. The faculty of XLRI is very qualified and actively involved in teaching students. You can check out the faculty over here.
Documents required for admission include – graduation or degree certificate, a letter from your company and a DD of Rs. 1000/- payable at Jamshedpur . The result is intimated via e-mail to the students. You are allowed to take a break and continue with the program at a later date as per your schedule.
Also, the course cannot be taken just on the Internet. You need to present at designated classrooms in select cities.
- The duration of the course is 12 months, and admission is granted via an interview.
- Till date, around 1500 students have cleared this exam.
- You need to have at least 75% attendance to be eligible for the certification.
Important things for students to keep in mind:
Students should note that no placement, no library, no shortcut to the regular XL program is provided by these courses. Note that these are not diploma courses either, these are certificate courses.
You need to be present at a designate center to be able to attend the classes. Course material provided by XLRI is sufficient to study for the exam.
Salient Features of This Course
- Intense learning at virtual classroom.
- Project work.
- Lecture Series.
- Case methods.
- Group work.
- Term papers.
- Assignments and Dissertation.
- 5 days of intensive learning on XLRI campus.
- Graduation from a recognized university.
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience after completing graduation.
- Clear Personal Interview.
- Computer Knowledge.
- Candidates with their own business are also eligible.
- The course fee is around 2 lakh 15 thousand, excluding service tax.
- Initial DD of INR 1000/-
- Study Material costs INR 25,000/-
- The fee can be paid in three instalments.
Who should be doing this course?
If you are just looking for an MBA degree, then perhaps XLRI satellite courses are not just for you. If you are unsure as to what this course will do, then let this pass.
It is for people who know as to what this course will deliver – ‘precisely’. Given the fee in comparison to a normal distance learning MBA options, this one should be chosen very carefully.
- Phone : 0657-398 3276, 3213
- E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Options For Students
- IGNOU distance education MBA
- Symbiosis Distance Learning
- IIM Distance Education
- Top 10 MBA Programs In India
- Are you interested in MBA? Find out the basics of it – Why MBA?
If you like this post, consider sharing it on Facebook, Google+, Twitter or use the comment field given below.