All About Distance MBA
So what is Distance MBA?
Distance MBA is a mode of education wherein you can complete your MBA or equivalent course without actually visiting the college. It is flexible, cheap and easy to clear unlike a full time MBA course.
It does not matter whether you are a home maker or a busy working professional, all you have to do is find a good distance learning college and get started.
Is Distance MBA right for me?
At the end of the day, only you can tell that. However, we can help you find the answer. We recommend that you read – Why MBA
Once you have done that, here’s a checklist of how you figure out if distance MBA is right for you:
Define what you want?
- Are you looking for a promotion?
- Do you want to start your own business?
- Do you want to learn about how to run a business and general understanding of different things like marketing, finance and others such functions
- Do you want a job or perhaps change your job?
Is Distance MBA Worth it?
Now that you have assumed what you are expecting from your distance MBA, will it be able to provide that to you?
Scenario based decision making
Every person is unique and so is their situation. Let’s analyze a few scenarios:
- Let’s say you are a government employee who wants to move to a management position.
The opening requires that you hold an MBA degree. Now, does it make sense for you to do a distance MBA from any private college – probably not!. A government college – yup, why not? You can definitely choose the latter option.
- Let’s say you are a home maker who wants to gain knowledge about running a business
Probably a private MBA suits you best as compared to a government MBA. The reason is that you don’t care about the degree on paper and you don’t want to spend that much time in all the paper work and assignments that are required by government colleges. Consider reading some management books too.
- Let’s say you are a fresher with zero work-ex and hoping that distance MBA will get you a job
Distance MBA is not the right thing for you. There is hardly any distance MBA college that provides placement guarantee. You are better suited trying a skill based course instead.
We hope you get the point!
Distance MBA is a enabler to getting an edge but that edge can only be found under some circumstances. It is nowhere like a regular MBA wherein even freshers can find jobs.