Alagappa University Distance MBA – Fees, 2020 Admissions, and More
- Courses Available
- Accreditation Status
- How to Take Admission?
- Placement Cell
- Contact Details
- Related Posts
- Distance MBA – Free Guidance Available!
- Alagappa University is attributed to Grade ‘A’ by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
- It is a state university situated at Karaikudi, Tamil Nadu. The Alagappa University has appeared from the galaxy of institutes primarily set up by the grand educationist and philanthropist Dr. R. M. Alagappa Chettiar.
- Alagappa University was brought into continuation by the Tamil Nadu government in May 1985 with the purpose of nurturing development, dissemination, and research of familiarity in diverse branches of erudition.
- The Alagappa University is recognized by UGC (University Grants Commission). Alagappa University has 5 Centers, 2 constituent colleges, and 18 Departments in its campus.
- There are 28 different affiliated Colleges that are situated in the Ramanathapuram and Sivaganga districts and are part of Alagappa University.
- Alagappa University’s motto is “Excellence in Action”. In the year 1992, the Directorate of Distance Education was established in the Alagappa University.
Salient Features of Programs offered by Alagappa University
- Sector explicit and Job oriented program
- Advanced Curriculum
- A bilingual program in Hindi and Tamil
- Modest Fee configuration
- An extensive arrangement of Study Centers
- Efficient private Contact Program
- Ample hands-on education for Computer Practical
- Examination Centers at suitable places
- An examination carried out twice a year
- A quick announcement of results
List of Courses Offered
- Duration for MBA dual specialization course is two years*
- Eligibility Criteria: Bachelor degree (10+2+3)
- Medium: English and Tamil
- Specializations offered
- Banking and Finance
- International Business
- Human Resource Management
- Marketing Management
- Retail Management
- Financial Management
- Technology Management
- Corporate Secretaryship
- Hospital Management
- Education Management
- Corporate Management
- Production and Operations Management
- Project Management
- Logistics Management
- System Management
- Co-operative Management
Additionally, it offers 5 years integrated MBA program as well
- The fees for this program are 12,000 per year (as of the year 2017). More details on the process of submitting fees could be found here.
Alagappa University Distance Center Accreditation
- The university is currently not accredited by UGC.
How to Take Admission?
- A candidate can seek admission either directly or through any of the accepted Alagappa University Study Centers. The comprehensive process for seeking admission to distance learning MBA courses presented by Alagappa University is obtainable on its website.
- If the applicants register directly with the Alagappa University, the study Materials shall be delivered to them and they have to be there at the Examinations and Contact Classes at Karaikudi center.
Start Your Admission Now
Start Your Admission Now
- The university has around 225 study centers in South India. The information of all study centers and the contact details are accessible on the website of the university.
- Free Admission Help Available
- The University has a Placement Cell as well as a Placement Officer. Apart from this, every branch has Placement Coordinators to perform the activities of placement in an efficient manner.
- Career Counseling is also carried out by the faculty staff after perceiving the student’s needs. The amendment of placement leaflets, classification of promising recruiters, harmonization of placement activities are some of the activities of the Placement Cell of University.
- Both on-campus and off-campus interviews are synchronized through the placement cell. The placements offered by the university are pretty good.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: What is the fee for Alagappa distance courses?
Ans: As mentioned above, it is roughly 12,000 INR per year.
- Q2: Do I need a bachelor’s degree in applying to Alagappa Distance MBA program?
Ans: Yes, you need a prior bachelor’s degree in the Distance MBA program. You may find further information about the eligibility criteria on the official website of Alagappa University.
- Q3: Is the Alagappa Distance MBA program worth it?
Ans: It totally depends on your scenario. In order to get more information about the success of this program or the number of students enrolled, you may check the Alagappa University website.
- Q4: What is the duration of this Alagappa Distance MBA program?
Ans: The duration of this course is 2 years.
- Q5: How to apply for this program?
Ans: You can easily apply for this program by visiting the Alagappa Univesity Study Centers or you can also apply online on its official website.
- Q6: Will I be required to physically visit Alagappa University after I register for distance MBA?
Ans: No, lectures and evaluations are conducted through e-learning techniques. However, students are free to visit the institution on their will.
- Q7: What documents will I need to apply for a distance MBA program?
Ans: You will need identification documents, academic documents, and passport photos. All these documents should be scanned and uploaded to the institution’s portal.
- Q8: What payment options do I have?
Ans: Alagappa University accepts online payment options including Net Banking, Debit Card, and Credit Cards. Also, you can draw a Demand Draft in favor of the Director, Alagappa University, Karaikudi.
- Q9: Is a distance MBA degree from Alagappa recognized internationally?
Ans: Yes, the institution is accredited by NAAC and UGC. During the placement phase, both local and international companies participate in the exercise each year.
- Q10: What is the placement score for distance MBA from Alagappa University?
Ans: The majority of the distance MBA graduates get well-paying jobs even before they graduate. Some of the companies that participate in the recruitment include Nestle, Axis Bank, Cognizant, IDBI Bank, Britannia, and Hexaware.
- Q12: Is Alagappa University approved to offer a distance MBA?
Ans: Yes, the institution is approved by the Distance Education Bureau.
- Q13: Can I apply for revaluation if I am unsatisfied with the mark awarded?
Ans: Yes, students can apply for the revaluation of their scripts 7 days after the receipt of the results. A flat charge of Rs 600 per paper applies. If the candidate requires a photocopy of the script, they must pay Rs 500 for it.
- Q14: When can I apply for a Distance MBA program at Alagappa University?
Ans: The institution has two admission phases (July-August session) and (January-February session).
- Directorate of Distance Education, Alagappa University,
- Karaikudi, Tamil Nadu-630 004
Other Options For Students
- IGNOU distance education MBA
- XLRI distance programs
- IIM Distance Education
- Top 10 Best Distance MBA in India
- The best Distance MBA Program in India
- Distance MBA – Please Don’t Read These 17 Tips
- Are you interested in an MBA? Find out the basics of it – Why MBA?
Image Credit: Robin Benzrihem