Anna University Data Analytics for B.Tech IT Students Syllabus, Fees and More
|Anna University Data Science Syllabus||Details|
|Course offered||Data Analytics for B Tech IT Students offered as a specialization in 7th semester|
|Stream||Data Science & Analytics|
|Duration||A minimum of 28 hours spread through 45 session|
|Fee of course (INR)||2,500|
|Work ex required||No|
|Eligibility||Must be pursuing B.Tech in Information University from Anna University|
|Admission Help||Click here|
Quick Links for Reference
Anna University was established in 1978 as a state technical institute. It is located in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. The university offers a B. Tech in Information Technology where students are equipped with data science knowledge.
List of Courses Offered
1. Data Analytics for B.Tech IT Students
Course Duration: A minimum of 28 hours spread through 45 session
Course Nature: B. Tech in IT 7th semester course
- Introduction to big data analytics
- Acquire data analytical skills using different statistical tools
- Familiarize with data streams and visualization
- Learn crucial skills in data mining and clustering
Data Analytics Syllabus
Introduction to Big Data
- Duration: 8 hours
- It includes units such as;
- Analytical Processes & Tools
- Evolution of Analytic Scalability
- Web Data Management
- Analysis vs. Reporting of Data-Modern Data Analytical Tools
- Statistical Inference
- Prediction Error
- Statistical Concepts: Sampling Distributions
- Data Analysis
- Duration: 12 hours
Students cover the following topics:
- Multivariate Analysis
- Inference and Bayesian Networks
- Regression Modelling
- Analysis of Time Series: Linear Systems Analysis and Nonlinear Dynamics
- Support Vector and Kernel Methods
- Neural Networks: Learning and Generalization
- Fuzzy Logic: Extracting Fuzzy Models from Data, Stochastic Search Methods, and Fuzzy Decision Trees
- Competitive Learning
- Principal Component Analysis and Neural Networks
Mining Data Streams
- Duration: 8 hours
- Students must cover the following:
- Introduction to Stream Concepts
- Real-Time Analytics Platform(RTAP) applications
- Stream Computing-Sampling data in a stream, filtering streams, and counting distinct elements in a stream
- Decaying window
- Real-time sentiment analysis and stock market predictions
- Stream data model and architecture
- Case Study Analysis
By the end of the program, a student must be able to:
- Apply all the statistical analysis methods
- Use various statistical tools for data analysis
- Design distributed file systems
- Apply stream data model
- Use visualization techniques for data analysis
Candidates must be pursuing B.Tech in Information University from Anna University. All interested candidates must have completed their high school successfully. Must have an interest in technology and science-related courses
2. Big Data Analytics Training Program
- Course Duration: 1 day
- Course Nature/Type: Certification Data Analytics Seminar
- Training Capacity: 30 participants (first-come-first-served basis)
The training program is open to all professionals interested in furthering their data analytics knowledge. The target includes researchers, faculty members, analytics practitioners, and postgraduate students in management/data science/computer science.
How to Register
All interested participants are required to register through the institution’s website. Only register when the program is open.
- Benefits of Big Data Analytics
- Use of Closed-Loop Method and Corporate performance Management Techniques
- Use of Customer Segmentation, Data Mining, and Correlation Analysis in management
- Real-Time Analytic Strategy for Performance Monitoring and Operational Reporting
- Predictive Analytics
- Application of Software and Statistical Tools
- 2500 INR. It covers refreshments, lunch, and the training kit.
- Recognized by UGC
- Accredited by NAAC
- Ranked 10th in India by the National Institutional Ranking Framework.
Anna University achieves more than 95% placement success. More than 100 organizations participate in the exercise. They include Procter & Gamble, Mahindra Electrics, KPMG, Deloitte, Nielsen, Sun Pharma, Cognizant, and YES Bank.
Job Prospects and Expected Salary
Data analytics has increasingly become necessary for every organization handling data. As such, data science graduates are quickly absorbed into the job market.
The graduates work in different sectors including healthcare, service, consultancy, and manufacturing. The introductory salary for graduates is approximately Rs 12 lakhs annually with the highest getting up to Rs 23 lakhs annually.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: Can I undertake more than one data science course?
Ans: Yes, you are allowed to take as many courses as you deem necessary. However, you can only undertake one course at a time.
Q2: How should I remit payment for the big data analytics program at Anna University?
Ans: All participants are required to draw a Demand Draft in favor of “ the Dean, MIT Campus, Anna University, Chennai-600044”. Alternatively, the candidates can use credit cards or debit cards to make the payments.
If you have any questions, please ask us here – we answer every single query of students.
- Tamil Nadu, India
- Official Website: http://www.annauniv.edu
Other Articles You Might Like
- IIIT Delhi M. Tech with specialization in Data Engineering
- IITM Kerala MSc. Data Analytics
- PGD In Data Science by IIIT Bangalore
- IIM Ahmedabad Advanced Analytics Course
- Great Lakes Chennai Data Science & Analytics Courses
Image Credit: Geralt