Anna University Distance MBA Program – Admission, Courses, and Sallybus
- Courses Available
- Fee Structure
- Accreditation Status
- How to Apply?
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- Distance MBA – Free Guidance Available!
- Anna University is an institution of higher education that was set up in 1978. The school is based in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- The Centre for Distance Education (CDE) runs Anna University’s distance education program.
- Anna University is a State University.
Type of Courses
Anna University offers the following courses through the distance mode:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Computer Application (MCA)
- M.Sc. Computer Science
- The MBA and M.Sc. Computer Science courses have a minimum of two years (four semesters) duration.
- Master of Computer Application takes at least three years (six semesters) to complete.
The eligibility conditions for distance learning at Anna University include:
- For MBA, a bachelor’s degree in any discipline is acceptable.
- MCA and M.Sc. Computer Science courses require any bachelor’s degree. However, applicants must have studied Mathematics or Statistics as undergraduates or Mathematics at +2 level.
- As a requirement, candidates must pass the Distance Education Entrance Test (DEET) conducted by the CDE to be considered eligible for any distance program.
- Also, their bachelor degree must have secured after +2 system or its equivalent
The fee structure for MBA, MCA, and M.Sc. (CS) at Anna University is as follows:
- Applicants are required to pay a total of Rs. 18,650 for the first semester. This amount covers tuition fee, cost of regulation & syllabus book, refundable caution deposit, admission fee, course development fees, learning aids, facilitation fee, and learning material development.
- The fee for subsequent semesters is Rs. 12,500 per semester. The payment covers tuition fee, cost of regulation & syllabus book, course development fees, learning aids, facilitation fee, and learning material development.
Anna University Accreditation
- Anna University was accredited as a grade “A” institution by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
- Anna University is also accredited by University Grant Commission (UGC).
How to Take Admission into Anna University
- Applicants can apply to Anna University by downloading the application form and prospectus from CDE’s website at www.annauniv.edu/cde
Start Your Admission Now
Start Your Admission Now
- Candidates also obtain the application form in person from the Centre for Distance Education, Anna University, Chennai-600025. The form costs Rs.650. Form fee should be paid by drawing a demand draft in favor of the “The Director, Centre for Distance Education, Anna University, Chennai-600025” payable at Chennai.
- You can also get the application form in person from Coimbatore, Madurai, Trichy, and Nagercoil study center on making a cash payment of Rs.650.
- Prospective students can also download the application form from the study centers websites. If you prefer to go this route, you will have to send the completed application along with a demand draft drawn to the tune of Rs.650.
- For more information, Free Admission Help Available.
Frequently Asked Question
- Q1: What courses are available at Anna University via the distance mode?
A1: Anna university offers MBA, MCA, and M.Sc. Computer Science via distance mode.
- Q2: Is attendance Mandatory?
A2: Yes. Attendance is mandatory. A minimum of 50 percent attendance is mandatory, otherwise, students won’t be able to take the end of semester examinations and may have to redo the semester.
- Q3: What is the eligibility criteria for admission in MBA at Anna University distance education?
A3: For MBA, a bachelor’s degree in any discipline is acceptable.
- Q4: What is the process for admission in MBA at Anna University distance education?
A4: Applicants can apply to Anna University by downloading the application form and prospectus from CDE’s website at www.annauniv.edu/cde.
- Q5: Is the University accredited by UGC?
A5: Anna University is accredited by UGC. It is also accredited by (NAAC) and awarded with grade ‘A’.
- Q6: How can I contact the University for information regarding distance education at Anna University?
A6: The contact details for the university is given below.
- Q7: Is the Center for Distance Education, Anna University recognized?
Ans: Yes, the institution is approved by the Distance Education Bureau and UGC.
- Q8: How do I access the application form for distance MBA?
Ans: Interested candidates are required to visit the institution’s official website and download the application form. The duly-completed form should be submitted to the respective study centre alongside a demand draft for the course fee.
- Q9: When should I apply for the distance MBA program?
Ans: Anna University has two admission cycles. One in January and the other one in July.
- Q10: Will I be required to undertake any entrance test?
Ans: Yes, interested candidates are required to undertake the Distance Education Entrance Test (DEET) or the TANCET test conducted by Anna University.
- Q11: What are the learning services offered in the institution’s study centres?
Ans: All study centres are equipped with both online and hardcopy learning resources. Additionally, the institutions organize personal contact programs where students can interact with experts to ask questions and get clarifications.
- Q12: Which study centres are available for distance MBA students?
Ans: Anna University has 6 study centres including Chennai, Trichy, Madurai, Nagercoil, Villupuram, and Coimbatore. Students are required to select their preferred centre during the application process.
- Q13: How much is the application fee for a distance MBA program? How should I pay the fee?
Ans: Rs 650 payable through a Demand Draft drawn in favour of “The Director, Centre for Distance Education, Anna University” and payable at Chennai.
- Q14: Does the institution offer any scholarships to distance MBA students?
Ans: No, Anna University does not have scholarships for distance learning students. However, physically challenged students are exempted from paying tuition fees.
- Q15: Which evaluation methods does the institution apply for distance MBA students?
Ans: All distance MBA students are required to submit their assignments in time through the self-learning student portal. Other evaluation methods used include case studies, project, end-of-semester examinations, practicals, and group discussions.
- Q16: Can I appeal a decision by the admission panel to deny me admission to the distance MBA program?
Ans: No, the decision by the admission panel is final. The admission process is strictly based on merit.
- Address: Centre for Distance Education,
- Anna University,
- Chennai, 600025
- Phone: 044-22357216/21
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: https://www.annauniv.edu/,
Other Options for Students
- IGNOU distance education MBA
- The best Distance MBA Program in India
- Cheapest Distance MBA Colleges
- Symbiosis Distance MBA
- XLRI distance programs
- Distance MBA – Complete Guide
Image Credit: Ali Morshedlou