Anna University MBA Program
- Courses and Duration
- How To Apply?
- Accreditation Status
- Fee Structure
- Placement Details
- Expected Salary
- Contact Details
- Related Post
- Free Admission Guidance Available!
- Anna University was founded in 1978 through the Tamil Nadu Act. The 189-acre institution is located in the southern region of Chennai City.
- It was named after the Late Dr. C.N Annadurai who was a Chief Minister in Tamil Nadu.
- In 1981, Anna University established a Department in Management Studies which offers a 2-year MBA program.
- In 2001, the institution became an affiliating university. It consolidated all the Engineering Colleges in Tamil Nadu.
- Since then, the institution’s affiliations have grown to 593 consisting of 426 self-financing institutions, 3 government-aided private colleges, and 6 government engineering institutions.
- UGC has recognized the institution as a “University with Potential for Excellence” due to its efforts in research and development.
Courses and Duration
- It is a two-year full-time program consisting of 4 semesters.
- It consists of core courses and elective courses.
- Every student must undertake the core course during their first year of study. The courses are designed to equip the students with foundational knowledge in management.
- After the second semester, the students are required to specialize in a maximum of 2 areas of interest. Areas of specialization include:
- General Management
- Financial Service Management
- Human Resource Management
- Technology Management
- Operations Management
- Hospitality Service Management
- Marketing Management
- Health Services Management
- After the first year of study, every candidate must attend a summer internship program to gain hands-on experience.
- Every student must undertake a research project on a topic derived from their area of interest.
- Candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree in any field from a UGC-approved university.
- Candidates must have scored a minimum of 50% aggregate score or an equivalent CGPA. SC/ ST/ PWD category must have at least 45% or 4.5 CGPA on a scale of 10.
- Candidates must have a valid scorecard for CAT or GMAT tests.
- Students in their final year of study are eligible but they must have scored at least 50% in their latest exams. In case they are admitted, these candidates must provide their score sheet or original certificate before registration.
- Admission to an MBA at Anna University is a rigorous exercise involving four crucial stages:
- All interested individuals are required to apply online through the institution’s website.
- Every candidate must submit their duly-completed forms before the set deadline to be considered.
Start Your Admission Now
Start Your Admission Now
- After receiving the application forms, the admission panel selects all the candidates that meet the minimum requirements as outlined in the “eligibility section” above.
- The shortlisted candidates are notified to physically attend the next phase of the admission process.
- When the candidates appear in the institution, they are required to undergo three sessions of the interviews.
- First, the candidates are grouped and given a topic of discussion. This is aimed at evaluating their ability to articulate issues and support an opinion.
- Secondly, all candidates are given written tests on any topic. This is aimed at determining their writing ability.
- Finally, all candidates are required to individually attend an interview before the admission panel. They will be subjected to questions from different fields including general knowledge, academia, and any other relevant topic to ascertain their details and assess their verbal/ speech capability.
- After every candidate undergoes all the stages of the admission process, the admission panel retreats to select the qualified candidates.
- The selection is based on CAT/GMAT scores, personal interview, written ability test, and group discussion. Marks from each of these stages are compiled to determine the candidate’s aggregate score.
- Other factors that are considered include work experience, extra-curricular activities, and testimonials.
- Successful candidates receive admission offers through the addresses provided during the application process. They are required to accept the offer within the stipulated timelines.
- Ranked 651-700 globally by QS World University Rankings, 2018
- Ranked 10th in India overall by the National Institutional Ranking Framework
- The total MBA fee is INR 164,500. It covers tuition, learning materials, library charges, and computer charges.
- Anna University offers limited scholarships to needy and intelligent students.
- Application fee of Rs 500 (payable during the application stage).
- MBA summer placements enable more than 96% to get valuable offers.
- The highest placement offer is approximately Rs 12 Lakhs annually with the average being Rs 5 Lakhs annually.
- Companies from the manufacturing, service, hospitality, banking, automotive, and pharmaceutical sectors participate in the exercise.
- MBA graduates get introductory offers of up to Rs 15 lakhs annually. Highly-paid graduates earn up to Rs 20 lakhs.
- On average, the graduates get an offer of approximately Rs 7 Lakhs annually with the potential to increase to Rs 25 lakhs within two years of professional work.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: How will I know that my MBA application has been received?
Ans: Immediately after submitting the application form, you will receive an acknowledgment email. If you do not get it, you should contact the admissions office immediately.
- Q2: How long will the interview take?
Ans: The physical interview takes a single day. When you report to your assigned station, you will undertake the personal interview, group discussion, and written ability test. The results will be provided on the same day.
- Q3: Can I reapply after my initial application is rejected?
Ans: Yes, you can always apply for an MBA during the next annual intake. However, you should significantly improve your personal, academic, and professional attributes to increase the chances of success.
- Q4: What will I know whether my application was successful?
Ans: The status of your application will be communicated using the admissions portal as well as the email provided during the application process. As such, you should endeavor to provide accurate information.
- Q5: Which questions do I expect during a personal interview?
Ans: The personal interview is conducted to ascertain your personal details, academic qualifications, and your ability to articulate issues. The questions can be obtained from your past academic work, professional skills, or general category.
If you have any questions on Anna University’s MBA program, you should write to the representatives using the address below:
- Anna University
- Chennai – 600 025
- Phone: 91 – 44 – 2235 1991
- Fax: 91 – 44 – 2235 8051
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can also visit the institution’s official website http://annauniv.edu/aufrgicc for detailed information
Other Articles You Might Like
- International Management Institute MBA
- IIM Ranchi MBA Program
- Banaras Hindu University MBA
- IMT Ghaziabad MBA Program
- Alliance School of Business MBA
Image Credit: Kartabya Aryal