Annamalai University Distance MBA – Courses, Fee, and 2020 Admission
- Courses Available
- Fee Structure
- Accreditation Status
- How to Apply?
- Study Material
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- Distance MBA – Free Guidance Available!
- Annamalai University is a well-known name in the education industry today.
- Having started with 7 departments way back in the 1920s, the University boasts of more than 49 departments as of present.
- Accredited with ‘A’ grade by NAAC, the University has more than 500 courses on its list of distance learning programs.
- It is also believed to have the largest enrollment under the head of distance education programs in India. A distance MBA from Annamalai University is a coveted stream of study at the University.
- It is a private university.
Here are some particulars of the Annamalai University that MBA aspirants might want to know about.
Courses Being Offered
The academic year of the college runs from every 1st of July to the 30th of June during which the University offers the following courses under its long-distance MBA Program:
- Duration: 2 years
- Maximum duration to complete course: 7 Years
- Medium: English and Tamil (only for general MBA distance program)
- Eligibility: Any degree (except 10+2+2 pattern) or an equivalent examination
- Specializations offered:
- International Business
- Human Resource Management
- Marketing Management
- Financial Management
- Information System
- Hospital Management
- The fees of 2 years MBA program is INR 25,850 (as of the year 2017) to be paid in 4 installments. However, fees of Information Systems specialization is higher than other specializations. The details of payment per installment could be located here.
- The university is currently not approved by UGC.
- For the purpose of admissions, interested candidates might resort to any of these two means to obtain a copy of the application form along with the prospectus:
- Personally: The interested applicants can visit any of the Directorates, Information, or study centers and obtain the application form together with the prospectus on the payment of a nominal amount of Rs. 500. The aforesaid amount has to be tendered in cash if the collection is made by the mode.
- By Post: For obtaining the application form cum prospectus of the University through means of the post the students will have to shell out an amount of Rs. 590 which has to be tendered by the means of a demand draft addressed to ‘ The Director, D.D.E., Annamalai University’.
100% Free Admission Guidance in 30 Seconds
100% Free Admission Guidance in 30 Seconds
- The interested applicant needs to write a letter clearly mentioning the program for which the prospectus is required. However, it is to be kept in mind that a copy of the prospectus would only be returned by the means of a normal post and there is no facility for students to return the prospectus.
- Moreover, an application made in the form and the format that is prescribed by the University will only be eligible to be considered for admissions. The letter for the application and prospectus should be addressed to the director address given at the end of the article.
- The applicants for MBA should visit the official website of the University before filling in the application forms for detailed instructions on how to fill the forms and get them attested.
- If you want to know more about the admission process, Free Admission Help Available.
Study and Information Centers
The students who do not have access to the University Campus or offices, can visit the Study Centres for answers to any queries or get any kind of assistance.
- The Information Centers have been established by the University to help applicants make better decisions about the choice of their courses and sell prospectus and application forms.
- The official or working hours for the centers on weekdays stand as 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with a half-hour break from 1:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. The centers are open on Sundays too from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Directorate of Distance Education has a training and placement cell which has enabled placement of students in renowned companies.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: What is the general and maximum duration for the Annamalai Distance MBA Program?
Ans: The general duration of this program is 2 years and the maximum duration for completing this program is 7 years.
- Q2: Is Annamalai distance learning MBA degree UGC approved?
Ans: No, currently the university is not approved by UGC. However, note that UGC approvals happen every year so cross-checks the latest status.
- Q3: How do I know more about this Distance MBA Program?
Ans: You can visit the official website of Annamalai University. Besides that, you can also find information on this link: Free Admission Help Available
- Q4: What is the ranking of Annamalai University?
Ans: This university is considered to have the largest enrollment under the head of distance education programs in India. In addition, it is accredited with ‘A’ grade by NAAC.
- Q5: What are the fee installments for this Distance MBA program?
Ans: The fees for 2 years MBA program is INR 25,850 which is to be paid in 4 installments.
- Q6: Does Annamalai University distance MBA have age restrictions?
Ans: No, age is not considered during the admission process
- Q7: Has UGC accredited Annamalai University to offer a distance MBA?
Ans: Yes, the institution is UGC accredited. Additionally, it is recognized by the Distance Education Board
- Q8: Is Annamalai University recognized by the Government of India?
Ans: Yes, it is a state university that was established through the Annamalai University Act of 1928. It is run by Tamil Nadu government
- Q9: Can I get a refund if I decide to terminate the distance MBA program?
Ans: Yes, the institution will offer a refund only if the student applies for it. The approval of the refund will be subject to the duration of stay after admission
- Q10: How long should I wait to get the fee refund after distance MBA termination?
Ans: If you qualify for the refund, the institution will process your request within 15 working days
- Q11: I am unsatisfied with the denial of a chance to pursue a distance MBA by Annamalai University. Can I appeal the decision?
Ans: No, the admission panel strictly admits based on merit. No canvassing is allowed whatsoever
- Q12: Will I be eligible for the next intake if I fail to get the admission on my first attempt?
Ans: Yes, candidates are allowed to apply for the program during the next intake. However, you should improve your qualifications since the process will be equally vigorous
- Q13: Will I get a scholarship to study a distance MBA program?
Ans: Annamalai University offers scholarships to SC/ST students as long as they are unemployed and their parents’ income is less than Rs 2, 50, 000. These students must obtain a special form from the Department of Adi Dravidar and Tribal Welfare or the respective State Governments
- Q14: Can I undertake two parallel programs at Annamalai University?
Ans: Yes, there is a provision for distance MBA students to undertake the program alongside any other diploma, certificate, or PG diploma courses. Candidates who opt for this arrangement will get a 50% fee concession
- Q15: How can I pay the program’s fee?
Ans: The institution offers different payment options including e-payment, credit cards, debit cards, or demand draft. All differently-abled and visually impaired students are exempted from paying tuition fee
- The Director, Directorate of Distance Education,
- Annamalai University, Annamalai Nagar-608002,
- Cuddalore Dt., Tamil Nadu.
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Phone: 04144- 238043 to 238047
Other Options for Students
You can also go for these alternatives for Distance MBA programs.
- IIM Distance Education
- Symbiosis Distance Learning MBA
- XLRI Distance Learning
- IGNOU MBA distance learning
- Madras University Distance MBA
- Distance MBA – Complete Guide
Image Credit – sebasribas