Assam Don Bosco University Distance MBA – Admission, Fee Structure, and More
- Courses Available
- Fee Structure
- Accreditation Status
- How to Apply?
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- Distance MBA – Free Guidance Available!
- Assam Don Bosco University was set up in the year 2008 and is located in Guwahati, Assam. The university was set up in order to get rid of illiteracy in Assam by an educational society named Salesians of Don Bosco.
- The university offers different academic programs and they include Graduate programs in engineering and technology, postgraduate programs in engineering and technology, postgraduate programs in management, postgraduate programs in social science, and some Ph.D. programs.
- It is a very well-known university in Assam and has a very limited number of seats for correspondence MBA programs. The teaching methods adopted by the university is quite unique and aims at developing knowledge of the students.
- It is a Private University.
Types of Courses Available
The university offers 5 different specializations for MBA courses and they are:
- MBA in Finance
- MBA in Human Resource Management
- MBA in Marketing
- MBA in Entrepreneurship, Business Management, and Strategy.
- MBA in Technology Management
- MBA in Project Management
- MBA in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- MBA in Operations Management
- MBA in Retail Management
Duration of the Course
- The duration of an MBA course from the university is just like any other MBA course from any other university and continues for 2 years. The course is divided into 4 semesters and it takes a maximum of 4 years for a student to complete it.
- The fee for the program is roughly 1,80,000 INR.
- Students willing to take admission in general MBA programs which includes MBA in finance, MBA in Human Resource Management, MBA in Marketing, MBA in Logistics and Supply Chain Management, MBA in Project Management, MBA in Operations Management and MBA in Retail Management must be graduate from any recognized educational institution.
- Students who are willing to take admission in MBA in Entrepreneurship, Business Management and Strategy and MBA in Technology Management must have at least 50% marks in their bachelor’s degree from any recognized educational institution.
- Individuals who have at least 3 years of full-time experience managerial, supervisory, or professional roles can also apply for this course.
Accreditation of the University
The university is accredited by UGC and here is a screenshot of the accreditation:
- Students willing to take admission in the distance MBA program in Assam Don Bosco University must apply online and pay the amount mentioned in the admission letter.
Start Your Admission Now
Start Your Admission Now
- Students are also requested to mail the university informing the status of the payment made by them.
- Click the link to know the university’s bank details: http://www.dbuniversity.ac.in/dbuglobal/en/payment.php
- For more information, Free Admission Help Available
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: How good is the Don Bosco Institute of Management for an MBA?
Ans: The Assam Don Bosco University offers postgraduate management courses with various specifications. The teaching style and the course material provided by the institute is no doubt amongst the best in the country. If you are looking for an affordable distance MBA option you can go to this university.
- Q2: Is Assam Don Bosco University recognized by UGC?
Ans: Assam Don Bosco University is set up by an Act of the Assam Legislative Assembly (Assam Act No IX of 2009 dated 12 February 2009) and is recognized by UGC (F. No. 8-13/2009(CPP-I) dated 13 November 2009) and empowered to award degrees.
The University is also a member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU), the International Association of Universities (IAU), and the worldwide network of Don Bosco Universities (IUS).
- Q3: What courses does ADBU offer?
Ans: Assam Don Bosco University offers a variety of Academic Programmes in Engineering, Management, Social Sciences, Research and Distance/Online Learning.
- Q4: When can I expect a notice of admission?
Ans: Admission notice for all the programs of study is given in the month of March every year except for an MBA, which is given in the month of January.
- Q5: Does Assam Don Bosco University offer English proficiency courses to the students?
Ans: The University does not offer English Proficiency Course as a separate course of study but keeps in mind the need of developing English communication skills of the students, the university has a vibrant and well equipped computerized Language Lab.
- Q6: What is the placement scenario in Assam Don Bosco University?
Ans: To achieve the right placement for every student the University has a dedicated placement cell that works towards recognizing and developing the core competencies and enhancing the interpersonal and communication skills of every student. We give our students the very best, so that they may become employable by the best organizations.
- Q7: Is the Assam Don Bosco University approved to offer distance MBA?
Ans: Yes, the institution is approved by DEB, UGC, NAAC, AICTE, and the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- Q8: Which e-learning facilities are available at the university?
Ans: The institution has state-of-the-art e-learning facilities that comprise LCD projectors, clear audio systems, digitized library, and online assignment portals.
- Q9: What is the application procedure for the distance MBA at the institution?
Ans: All interested candidates are required to register an online admission portal using their valid email addresses. They will use this portal to complete their registration online.
Alternatively, candidates can apply for the program offline submitting their duly-completed application forms to the university.
- Q10: Will I be allowed to pay the school fees in installments?
Ans: Yes, candidates are allowed to pay school fees in installments at the beginning of every semester.
- Q11: Does Assam Don Bosco University offer scholarships for distance MBA students?
Ans: No, the institution does not have scholarships for distance MBA students.
- Q12: Can I use postal orders/money orders to pay for the program fee?
Ans: No, fees can only be paid online using credit cards, debit cards, or Net Banking. Alternatively, students can use Demand Draft written in favour of the Directorate of Distance Education, Assam Don Bosco University.
- Q13: What happens when I fail my assignments?
Ans: If a student fails to perform satisfactorily in any assignment, they will be required to retake it within the stipulated timelines.
- Q14: What are the requirements for getting an admit card for end-semester exams?
Ans: Students must pay all the fees required and complete all the assignments in time to be allowed to sit for the end of the semester exam.
- Website: http://www.dbuniversity.ac.in/dbuglobal/en/index.php
- Phone number:1800 102 6018
- Address: DBU Global Assam Don Bosco University,
- Airport Road, Azara, Guwahati, India 78101
- Email: [email protected]
- [email protected]
Other Related Posts for Students
- IGNOU distance education MBA
- XLRI distance programs
- IIM Distance Education
- Cheapest Distance MBA Colleges
- Symbiosis Distance MBA
- Distance MBA – Complete Guide
Image Credit – grohsfabian