Banaras Hindu University MBA Program
- Courses and Duration
- Admission Process
- Accreditation Status
- Fee Structure
- Expected Salary
- Contact Details
- Related Post
- Free Admission Guidance Available!
- Banaras Hindu University (BHU) is a Public Central University situated in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh.
- It was established by Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya in 1916 following parliamentary legislation of the BHU Act in 1915. It has since grown to be one of the largest residential universities in the Asia-Pacific region.
- BHU is listed as one of the Institutes of National Importance by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India. It played a crucial role in India’s independence movement.
- It offers a two-year MBA that is tailor-made to produce dynamic managers. The program is approved by UGC and AIU.
Course and Duration
- Two-year residential full-time program. It is accredited by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- First-year lays a management foundation for students. All students are required to take all the core courses.
- In the second year, students are allowed to specialize in a maximum of two of the following courses:
- Human Resource Management
- Operations Management
- Marketing Management
- Decision-Making Science
- The curriculum is regularly updated to meet all the UGC requirements. Also, it is tailor-made to impart the students with knowledge of handling various emerging issues in the global business environment.
- Students must do a summer project towards the end of the program. This enhances their research and problem resolution skills.
- All students must undertake an internship program after the first year of study.
- All students are required to pass assignments, exams, presentations, and projects before they are allowed to graduate.
- BHU organizes study trips and exchange programs to equip students with international business management skills.
- Candidates aspiring to get admission into the 2-year MBA program must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university with at least 50% marks in aggregate or an equivalent CGPA. SC/ST candidates must have an aggregate of 45% or its CGPA equivalent
- Candidates must present a valid CAT scorecard
- Students in their final year of study are eligible. In case they get an admission offer, they will be required to present a valid score sheet or original certificate before the admission date
- No age limit is considered during the MBA Process
- All prospective candidates are required to apply online. An application fee of Rs 2000 for general candidates and Rs 1000 for SC/ST category applies.
- Admission to BHU is based on performances of individual candidates in two main steps:
- Candidates should only apply if they meet eligibility criteria. All candidates are required to provide valid information.
- Providing false testimonials will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Duly-completed application forms must be submitted before the deadline. Late submissions will be rejected.
- After receiving all the application forms, admission officials shortlist all the prospective candidates who meet the minimum requirements.
- Shortlisted candidates are invited to attend a personal interview, write an ability test, and attend group discussions.
- Candidates are awarded marks for each activity. Candidates with the highest score qualify to move to the final stage of the admission process.
Final Merit List
- Admission to MBA at BHU is based on the CAT/GMAT score (50%), academic reports (20%), and Group Discussions & Personal Interviews (20%).
- Other factors that are considered include testimonials, work experience, academic achievements, and extracurricular activities.
- BHU was ranked 801-1000 by the QS World University Rankings of 2018
- Ranked 9th overall in India by the National Institutional Ranking Framework, 2018
- The course cost Rs 49,807 for the first year and Rs 49,807 for the final year
- Hostel fee of Rs 6,700. This does not include mess charges
- Approximately 100 graduates take part in placement with a 95% success rate
- The highest salary offered in summer placement was Rs 15 Lakhs annually
- The average salary for MBA graduates is Rs 7 lakhs annually
- Some of the companies that participated in the exercise include Amazon, Cognizant, YES Bank, KPMG, Procter & Gamble, and Mahindra
- BHU MBA graduates have introductory salaries of Rs 18 Lakhs. However, high pay graduates get offers of up to Rs 100 Lakhs annually.
- After 5 years, the average salary for MBA graduates is Rs 29 Lakhs with the highest-earning over Rs 100 lakhs.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: Will I pay more application fees if I submit both CAT and GMAT scores?
Ans: No, you are free to submit both scores at no extra cost if you are applying to a regular MBA alone.
When applying for two different courses, you’re required to submit two application forms. As such, you’ll pay the application fee twice.
- Q2: Why are identification details required during the application?
Ans: Your application details help in the verification process. This helps in preventing fraudulent activities.
However, you should only upload the identification details on the institution’s website. If you send it to any other unauthorized entity, you will risk the leakage of your data.
- Q3: What identification details should I provide?
Ans: You are required to provide any of the following documents:
- Valid driving license
- Voters identity card
- PAN card
- Aadhar card
Ensure that you send clear images of these documents to quicken the verification process. Any unverifiable information may lead to disqualification.
- Q4: What happens to a final year student if they are unable to provide the required documents?
Ans: Final year students who get admission into the institution’s MBA should provide results scorecard to proceed with registration. If that’s not available, the registrar of the current institution can write a letter to ascertain the student’s qualifications.
Failure to provide the documents within the institution’s stipulated time may lead to revocation/ suspension of the admission.
If you wish to get more information regarding BHU, feel free to contact their representative using the address below:
- Faculty of Management Studies
- Banaras Hindu University
- Varanasi – 221005
- Uttar Pradesh, India.
- Telefax no.: +91 542 2369332
- Email to: [email protected]
- You can also visit the institution’s website www.bhu.ac.in/fms to get in-depth information about the institute’s MBA program.
Other Articles You Might Like
Image Credit: Ayush Srivastava