Barkatullah University Distance PGDM – Admission, Courses List, and More
- Courses Offered
- Accreditation Status
- Fee Structure
- How to Apply?
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- Distance MBA – Free Guidance Available!
- Formerly known as Bhopal University, Barkatullah University is a state university founded in 1960.
- The school was later renamed to its current title in 1988 to honor Prof. Barkatullah, a renowned freedom fighter.
- Barkatullah University offers open and distance learning in various fields. The program is run by the Institute of Open and Distance Education, Barkatullah University.
Type of Courses
Barkatullah University offers several courses via distance mode. These include:
- Master of Science in Information Technology
- Master of Arts in Economics
- Master of Arts in Sociology
- Master of Arts in Psychology
- Master of Arts in Linguistics
- Master of Arts in Ancient Indian History Culture and Archaeology
- Master of Arts in Public Administration
- Master of Arts in Political Science
- Master of Arts in Hindi Literature
- Master of Arts in English Literature
- Master of Library and Information Science
- Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Personnel Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Bioinformatics
- Post Graduate Diploma in Hospital and Health Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Dietetics Health and Hospital Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Finance and Tax Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Tourism and Hotel Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application
- Post Graduate Diploma in Psychological Counseling
- The duration for all the courses mentioned above is two years
The eligibility conditions for distance education at Barkatullah University include:
- The minimum eligibility for the M.A (Master of Arts) courses is graduation in any relevant course. Some programs accept a degree in any discipline.
- PGD in Computer Applications require an undergraduate degree in any science stream.
- PGD Bioinformatics also accepts a bachelor’s degree in any science discipline
- Post Graduate Diploma Business Management needs an undergraduate degree in business administration or business management.
- All other Post Graduate Diploma courses require an undergraduate degree in a related or any discipline.
- Candidates will have to contact the management at Barkatullah University for fee information.
Barkatullah University Accreditation
- Barkatullah University is classified as a category B university by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
- Barkatullah University is currently not accredited by UGC. Below is its previous accreditation letter attached.
How to Take Admission
- For information on how to apply for distance learning at Barkatullah University, applicants will have to reach the school through the contact given below.
Start Your Admission Now
Start Your Admission Now
- For further information, Free Admission Help Available.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: What type of university is Barkatullah University?
A1: Barkatullah University is a state university.
- Q2: Is Barkatullah University accredited?
A2: Yes. Barkatullah University is accredited grade B by the NAAC.
- Q3: What is the eligibility criteria for admission in Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications?
A3: PGD in Computer Applications require an undergraduate degree in any science stream.
- Q4: Does the University offers MBA in distance learning program?
No, It does not offers MBA in its distance mode. However, it does offer several other programs. The details of each program are described above.
- Q5: How can I contact the university for information regarding distance education?
A5: You can contact the university at the address given below.
- Q6: What is the fee structure for distance courses at Barkatullah University?
A6: You have to contact the university for details about the fee for each course offered by Barkatullah University distance education.
- Q7: What are the steps of applying for distance PGDM online?
Ans: Interested candidates are required to fill in an admission form from State Bank of India’s website and pay all the fees through SBI payment portal. The candidates must then send the scanned copy to [email protected]
- Q8: Can I apply for a distance MBA if I do not have all the required documents ready?
Ans: Candidates will get an automatic provisional admission upon payment of the required course fee. However, they will be required to produce the original copies of their documents for verification. If you fail to provide the documents, your admission will be canceled.
- Q9: Does the institution offer counseling services to distance PGDM students?
- Q10: Can I get a scholarship to study distance MBA at Barkatullah University?
Ans: No, the institution does not have a scholarship for distance learning students.
- Q11: What teaching techniques are applied for distance courses at the institution?
Ans: The students have access to a digitized library, pre-recorded lectures, live lectures, and contact sessions at the study centres.
- Q12: Is Barkatullah University recognized by UGC?
- Q13: How are examinations conducted for distance PGDM students?
Ans: Distance PGDM candidates will be required to appear physically for end-of-term exams. They must carry their admit/exam cards failure to which they will not be allowed into the exam hall.
- Q14: What are the requirements for getting a hall ticket? From where will I acquire it?
Ans: Students must clear all the fee arrears to get a hall ticket.
- Q15: Can I cancel my admission? If so, will I get a fee refund?
Ans: Yes, students are allowed to cancel their admission using the prescribed procedure. The fee will only be refunded if the student initiates the cancellation request within 30 days from the last admission day.
- Q16: What happens when I fail an exam? Will I be allowed to re-register for the next semester?
Ans: Yes, students are allowed to register for the following semester even with a failed course. However, they must pay the retake fee and resit the paper to avoid delayed graduation.
For inquiries, applicants who are looking to enroll for distance education at Barkatullah University can contact the institution via:
- Address: Barkatullah Vishwavidyalaya,
- Bhopal Hoshangabad Road,
- Madhya Pradesh (India)
- Telephone: +91 – 755 – 2517100, 2517200
- Website: http://www.bubhopal.ac.in/1068/Home
Other Options for Students
- IGNOU distance education MBA
- XLRI distance programs
- IIM Distance Education
- The best Distance MBA Program in India
- Cheapest Distance MBA Colleges
- Distance MBA – Complete Guide
Image Credit: Kyle Sterk