Best CMAT Exam Books and Study Material
The syllabus for CMAT is almost the same as that of the other b-school entrance exams. Yet, there are a few differences in the topics that feature regularly in CMAT. Therefore, it is important that students get a hold on to the important topics and prepare for any surprise that they might face in the real exam by using the best.
Here is a glimpse of the various books that syllabus for various sections in CMAT.
Top 5 Books For CMAT
- Book on CMAT Preparation by Arihant – Check This Out Over Here – Flipkart
- CMAT Entrance Guide By Disha- Check This Out Over Here – Amazon
- Study Guide CMAT – Check Out This Book Over Here – It’s available on Amazon too and cheaper- try here
Below you can read about each of the sections and look at some specific advice regarding the same.
Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation:
- Most of the questions in this topic come from Arithmetic operations and Modern Math.
- A student should have a thorough command over the basics and proficiency in solving the problems from Time and Distance, Geometry, Numbers, Profit and Loss, Simple equations and Time and Work.
- In order to solve Data interpretation, the student must work to improve his calculation speed and efficiency.
- RS Agarwal is a good book to start with. It has a simple format which carries its readers through the basics of Quantitative techniques and helps them face the tougher problems through continuous practice sets and lucid explanations.
- I would also recommend the Numerical ability books by Career Launcher.
- Data Interpretation for an array of exams is a good option for students targeting this section in particular since it helps you prepare for other exams as well.
- This section contains topics from arrangements (linear, seating, sequencing and arranging with conditions) to coding.
- The important questions that cover most of this section come from Puzzles, Statements and conclusions, Cause and effect, assumptions and conclusions and missing term in the figure.
- The hand on guide to analytical reasoning and logical reasoning by Peeyush Bhardwaj (Arihant publications) is an excellent book to prepare the students for every kind of b-school entrance exams. The book is very comprehensive and has a good proportion of every kind of AR/LR questions with solutions and tips.
Verbal Ability/Language comprehension
- This section contains questions from para jumbles (that are comprised of 4-5 sentences), fill in the blanks, identification of word meaning by selecting correct synonym and antonym, idioms, sentence correction, identification of correct sentence etc.
- The reading comprehension passage is not too long but is definitely very important.
- Reading novels and newspapers is a must for every student to sharpen his verbal ability skills.
- You can legitimately download and read free e-books on various subjects from e-books site and this site. Remember, in order to increase your comprehension speed and efficiency in RC Passages, try reading unfamiliar subjects. For example, if you come from an engineering background, try reading books on philosophy or anthropology.
- I would recommend Meenakshi Upadhyay on this subject for better practice. This book aims to be a one-stop solution for successfully attempting the English section of most of the prestigious b-school entrance exams. Note that the level of this book is for the CAT exam too and hence the level of questions is a notch above the CMAT level.
- In order to succeed in this section, candidates should be well updated with the current affairs particularly in business and economics section.
- One must also have a basic understanding of Science, History, Inventions, Book authors and Indian politics.
- Daily read newspapers, especially the business and economy page. Also, read a weekly magazine like Frontline or India Today to stay updated.
- Manorama Year Book is an excellent choice for anyone who is preparing for Bank or b-school entrance exams.
All In One – Complete Book Solutions For Best Preparation
If you are looking for an all in one book solution, a book set that caters to all sections and is of good quality, you can consider buying books from CMAT. It’s a great option for students as you can ask questions online, clear your doubts, get latest books, updates and much more.
These things are not available from other book sellers as they just provide the books and preparation is left to students, hence you can find a complete solution at TestFunda over here (Discount Available).