Coimbatore Institute of Technology CIT MSc. Data Science Syllabus and More
|CIT MSc Integrated Course Entrance Exam||Details|
|Course offered||MSc Data Science|
|Stream||Data Science & Analytics|
|Fee of course (INR)||73,600 per semester|
|Accreditation||AICTE & NIRF|
|Work ex required||At least 2 years of work experience|
|Eligibility||Must have a pass in HSC or its equivalent|
|Admission Help||Click here|
Quick Links for Reference
- Course Objectives
- Programme Curriculum
- Why CIT?
- Admission Process
- Fee Structure
- Placement Assistance
- Job Prospects
- Coimbatore Institute of Technology MSc. Data Science Quora
- Other Courses Offered at Coimbatore Institute of Technology
- Contact Details
- Related Posts
- Data Analytics – Free Guidance Available!
Managers have had challenges transitioning to data-related operations. It is increasingly becoming necessary for any organisation to have a data expert to analyze and use big data in their possession. However, there is a shortage of data professionals in India. As such, studying in CIT MSc Data Science equips professionals with skills that boost their productivity and flexibility.
This programme is designed for professionals with valid experience in computer/IT-related fields. It equips them with skills in Machine Learning, Data Analytics, Data Mining, Data Interpretation & Tabulation, and Data Security Systems. Students will also learn how to use Tableau, Excel, and R in data handling.
Course Duration: 5 years
Type of Course/ Medium: Integrated Programme
This is a 5-year programme designed to equip students with skills to enable them to develop their careers as data scientists. The curriculum integrates practical and theoretical training approaches. Within their first year of studies, students will be introduced to basic communication skills, presentations skills, and basics in data science analytics.
Additionally, students are introduced to statistical tools such as R, Tableau, Python, Excel, and SPSS. They are later required to attend an internship and undertake an industrial project to gain hands-on experience in problem identification and resolution. Other evaluation techniques applied include continuous assessment tests, group discussions, case studies, and end-of-term examinations.
CIT offers a unique learning environment that guarantees hands-on experience. Here is why an MSc at CIT stands out:
- An In-Depth Curriculum. The syllabus offers a unique blend of data science, computer science, and management science.
- Smart Learning/ Technical Excellence. The institution invests in technology to guarantee seamless learning. Students engage in team projects, laboratory practices, seminars, and industrial case studies
- Multi Specialisation. Students have a broad selection of electives to help them align the programme to their career needs.
- Prospective candidates are required to apply for the programme online through the institution’s official website.
- Candidates must register for an MSc Entrance Test (CIT). The exams are conducted at designated centres in Bangalore, Chennai, Coimbatore, Hyderabad, Madurai, and Trichy.
- An admission panel at CIT evaluates the application forms and shortlists candidates based on their performance in entrance examinations, academic qualifications, and work experience.
- Shortlisted candidates are invited to the institution for physical interviews.
- The final merit list is prepared by considering candidates’ performance in entrance examinations, HSC Board exam marks in physical interviews, work experience, and academic credentials.
- Successful candidates are intimated using the email addresses/phone numbers provided during the application process. They are required to deposit their first fee instalment to reserve their seats.
This programme uses an integrated project learning approach where students participate in theoretical learning, laboratory practice, genetic & industrial projects, and internships.
The institution collaborates with organisations such as IBM Centre, Intel Intelligence Systems Lab, and Oracle Business Intelligence Centre. The collaboration ensures that students participate in solving real-life problems, thus getting hands-on experience.
Additionally, the faculty has experienced members and industry experts. Its members are engaged in research in fields such as Quantum Computing, Machine Learning, Network Security, Cloud Computing, Software Engineering, Mobile Computing, Image Processing, and Data Analytics. Students are actively engaged in research, data analysis, and data interpretation of the findings.
The immersive nature of the programme ensures that students participate in international conferences, seminars, and podcasts.
They interact with industry leaders through their full-semester internships and real-time industry research projects. They are also evaluated using group discussions, case study analysis, continuous assessments, and end-of-semester examinations.
- Candidates must have a pass in HSC or its equivalent
- Candidates must have studied Mathematics, Chemistry, and Physics as subjects in their undergraduate studies.
- Candidates with an aggregate score of more than 75% in Computer Science, Mathematics, Chemistry, or Physics will also be considered.
- Candidates with at least 2 years of work experience will have an added advantage.
|Programme Fee||Rs. 73,600 per semester|
|Admission Fee||Rs.4,200 (one-time fee)|
Students can apply for education loans through partner financial institutions such as ICICI Bank, State Bank of India, and Bank of Baroda. The application process will be stipulated by respective banks.
Meritorious and needy students are eligible for private and government sponsorships. All qualified candidates are required to apply for the scholarships online before the stipulated deadline. Additionally, fee concessions to SC/ST categories are available as per Tamil Nadu Education Rule 92 MER, regardless of the students’ income.
Coimbatore Institute trains students on resume development and conducts mock interviews. It has several recruitment partners that participate in a placement exercise conducted in the institution. Some of the major recruiters include Amazon, Informatica, Oracle, Intel, Healthcare Technology Innovation Center, TATA Consultancy Services, and PAYODA.
Data science graduates get placements in local and international organizations. They take up roles such as Data Analysts, Business Analysts, Database Managers, Data Scientists, and Data Security Officers. On average, an MSc in Data Science graduate earns Rs 10 Lakhs, with the highest getting a package of Rs 13 Lakhs annually.
Ranking and Accreditation
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: Will I be required to undertake an entrance exam for MSc in Data Science at CIT?
Ans: Yes, all candidates are required to appear for an entrance exam offered by the Coimbatore Institute of Technology. The examination tests the candidate’s cognitive ability. It has several questions spread across three sections – English Language, Mathematics, and General Knowledge/ Aptitude Test.
Q2: Does Coimbatore Institute of Technology offer placement assistance?
Ans: Yes, CIT offers placement assistance to all qualified students. It has placement cells that train students on resume preparation and conducts mock interviews. Additionally, the institution has several partner organizations that scout for talents and skills during the institution’s placement exercise. Approximately 60-70% of students get placements in both local and international organizations.
Q3: Is an MSc in Data Science from Coimbatore Institute of Technology worth it?
Ans: Yes, Coimbatore Institute of Technology boasts of top-notch infrastructure ideal for data science learning. It has an immersive curriculum that ensures that participants get the hands-on skills necessary for data-based decision-making. Additionally, a majority of data science graduates from CIT get placements within their first year of convocation.
If you have any questions, please ask us here – we answer every single query of students.
Coimbatore Institute of Technology MSc. Data Science Quora
MSc Data Science is becoming increasingly popular as its demand in India increases. Interested candidates are looking up institutions that offer the programme. One of the common searches at Quora in Coimbatore Institute of Technology MSc. Data Science. This article highlights everything you need to know about the programme in an easy-to-understand format.
- Official Website: https://www.cit.edu.in/
- State: Tamil Nadu, India
- Prospectus Link: Click here for the prospectus link.
Other Courses Offered at Coimbatore Institute of Technology
|Other Courses Offered at CIT||Details|
|1. M.Sc Software Systems / M.Sc. Data Science / M.Sc. Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning||
|2. M.Sc. Decision and Computing Sciences||
|3. M.C.A. (Master of Computer Applications)||
Other Articles You Might Like
Image Credit: Trevor Vannoy