Best 10 Data Science Courses in Kolkata with Placements and Fees
|Data Science Courses in Kolkata with Placements||Details (INR)|
|IIM Calcutta||4,00,000/-programme fee and 48,000/- campus fee + (applicable taxes)|
|ADAMAS University||INR 2.21 Lakh|
|Ivy Professional School||Available upon request|
|NSHM||Rs. 2,98,700 payable in instalments|
|RMVU||Rs 47,500 payable in installments|
|St Xavier’s College||Rs 90000/- per year|
|Techno University||Rs. 1.77 Lakhs annually|
|Data Brio Academy||The fee varies depending on the course combinations selected|
|Dygitech||Rs. 29,999 to Rs 49,999 depending on the programme|
|TechTree Technologies||Available upon request|
|Admission Help||Click here|
Quick Links for Reference
- IIM Calcutta
- ADAMAS University Kolkata
- Ivy Professional School
- Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda University
- St. Xavier College
- Techno India University, Kolkata
- Data Brio Academy
- TechTree Technologies
- Data Science Courses in Kolkata Quora
- Related Posts
- Data Analytics – Free Guidance Available!
Data science courses in Kolkata have increasingly become popular over the last decade. The programmes are tailor-made to equip professionals with data analytic skills and improve their efficacy.
If you enroll in a data science course, you’ll acquire unique skills that are highly marketable in the job market. Get it today and improve your employability score significantly.
Data Science Courses in Kolkata
1. IIM Calcutta
- Introduction: IIM Calcutta is a public business institution located in Kolkata. The institution offers diverse programmes ranging from MBAs, PGPs, and Diplomas. Additionally, it is a member of the CEMS Global Alliance in Management Education.
- Courses Offered: Advanced Programme in Data Science
- Courses Objective: This is an interdisciplinary programme designed to enable participants to extract insights from structured and unstructured data. It targets professionals in various fields ranging from statistics, information science, computer science, operations research, and mathematics. Students will be introduced to analytical tools, communication techniques, and unique managerial principles.
- Fees: 4,00,000/-programme fee and 48,000/- campus fee + (applicable taxes)
- Duration: One year (one session of 3 hours per week)
- Accreditations: IIM Calcutta is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), Association of MBAs (AMBA), and European Quality Improvement Systems (EQUIS)
- Introduction: ADAMAS University is a private university that was established under the Adamas University Act of 2014. It offers a variety of undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral programmes.
- Courses Offered: MSc Tech (Statistics and Data Science) programme
- Courses Objective: This is a technical programme designed for individuals with basics in programming and an interest to develop a career in data science. It includes courses such as Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Analytics, Data Interpretation, and Data Mining. Students will be trained on how to utilize big data to get insights necessary for decision-making.
- Fees: INR 2.21 Lakh
- Duration: 2 years
- Accreditations: The university is recognized by UGC and the Government of West Bengal.
- Introduction: Ivy Professional School is a leading institution that specializes in training corporate leaders and professionals. It is ranked among the top ten best analytics/data science schools in India.
- Courses Offered: Analytics and Data Science Certifications
- Courses Objective: This data science programme equips students with the skills necessary to take up data analytic roles such as Data Analysts, Business Analysts, Database Managers, and Data Scientists. It has an all-inclusive curriculum that guarantees hands-on experience among participants.
- Fees: Available upon request (Depends on the data science certification course chosen)
- Duration: 12-24 weeks depending on the certification course
- Accreditations: Ivy professional school is recognized by employers. However, it is not UGC-accredited.
- Introduction: Founded in 1996, NSHM is a private institution located in Eastern India. It offers tailor-made programmes designed to suit industry needs. It specializes in areas such as Computing & Analytics, Engineering & Technology, and Business & Management.
- Courses Offered: MSc Data Science and Analytics
- Courses Objective: NSHM Data Science programme inculcates analytic skills in participants. It aims at equipping professionals with knowledge that will boost their performance and competencies. It uses a hands-on teaching approach, which ensures that graduates can use data to solve problems and make informed decisions.
- Fees: Rs. 2,98,700 payable in instalments
- Duration: 2 years
- Accreditations: Recognised as the knowledge hub of global excellence for its industry-oriented training approach.
- Introduction: RMVU is a higher education institution established in 2005. It is headquartered in Belur, West Bengal. The institution is recognized as a deemed-to-be-university by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
- Courses Offered: MSc Big Data Analytics
- Courses Objective: This programme is designed to impart data analytics skills to participants. It has an immersive curriculum to ensure that students get hands-on experience in using statistical tools. They learn the basics of using data to make critical decisions.
- Fees: Rs 47,500 payable in instalments
- Duration: 2 years
- Accreditations: Accredited by UGC and NAAC
- Introduction: St Xavier’s College is an autonomous institution located in Mumbai India. It was established in 1869 and has developed to become one of the biggest not-for-profit institutions in India. It offers MSc in Big Data Data Analytics in collaboration with Tata Consultancy Services.
- Courses Offered: MSc in Big Data Data Analytics
- Courses Objective: The programme is designed to guarantee immersive training for all participants. It is offered in collaboration with Tata Consultancy where students undertake internships and projects as they interact with industry experts.
- Fees: Rs 90000/- per year
- Duration: 2 years full-time programme
- Accreditations: Accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) with an A+ Grade
- Introduction: Techno University is a private university located in Kolkata, West Bengal. It was established in 2012 and offers several diploma, undergraduate, and postgraduate programmes.
- Courses Offered: Master of Computer Applications (MCA)
- Courses Objective: This programme comprises several courses that aim at imparting data analytics skills to participants. It uses highly immersive training techniques to ensure that students have hands-on experience in analyzing and interpreting data.
- Fees: Rs. 1.77 Lakhs annually
- Duration: 3 years full-time
- Accreditations: Accredited by UGC and AICTE
- Introduction: Data Brio Academy is a data science training institution located in Kolkata and established in 2011. It offers blended courses ranging from Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, and Data Analytics.
- Courses Offered: Data Science Course (Big Data Hadoop with Spark, Data Science with Python & R, Data Analytics and Visualisation with Tableau, and Business Analytics among others).
- Courses Objective: This programme targets working professionals with a computer science/IT background. It trains participants to analyze data using different statistical tools and approaches.
- Fees: Fee varies depending on the course combinations selected.
- Duration: An average of 120 hours per course
- Accreditations: The course is not UGC-recognised. It works in collaboration with organizations such as IBM and NASSCOM. It is also ISO 27001 Certified.
- Introduction: Dygitech is an industry-led institution that offers preparatory and mentorship programmes. It is located in Kolkata. The institution is also SAP authorized to offer global online training in data science and related courses.
- Courses Offered: Business Analytics (3 months), Big Data Engineering Certification Programme (4 months), and Certification Programme in Data Science (4 months)
- Courses Objective: The institution offers data science programmes in different segments ranging from data analytics to data engineering. Students are introduced to Excel, R, and Python statistical tools.
- Fees: Rs. 29,999 to Rs 49,999 depending on the programme
- Duration: 3-4 months depending on data science programme/ combination selected
- Accreditations: The institution is not UGC-recognised.
- Introduction: TechTree Technologies is an IT-based institution located in Kolkata, West Bengal. It specializes in Data Science, IT software, Hardware, and Data Analytics. The institution targets professionals with engineering, MCA, MBA, BCA, and BSc education backgrounds with a desire to build a career in tech.
- Courses Offered: Diploma in Data Science & Certificate in Data Science with Python
- Courses Objective: TechTree Data Science programme is designed to equip participants with analytics skills that will enable them to analyze complex data. It enables them to make data-based decisions, improve operational efficacy, and solve complex organizational problems. The programme introduces students to analytical tools such as Python, R, and Advanced Excel.
- Fees: Available upon request (depending on the programme of choice)
- Duration: 9 months for diploma and 3 months for the certificate course
- Accreditations: The institution is not UGC-accredited.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: What is the fee for a data science course in Kolkata?
Ans: Approx Rs. 2,00,000 to Rs. 4,00,000 for MSc Data Science programmes and Rs. 50,000 to Rs. 1,00,000 for certification programmes. The fee you pay depends on factors such as the course duration and course curriculum/pedagogy. Individuals undertaking online or self-paced programmes are likely to pay less than those undertaking on-site classroom sessions.
Q2: What is the difference between certification and postgraduate data science programmes?
Ans: Institutions in Kolkata offer different levels of data science. Each level has varying requirements:
- Certification. These are short programmes (weeks-months duration) that target working professionals. They intend to impart analytics skills to managers, thus enhancing their decision.
- Postgraduate Programmes. These programmes require individuals with a background in computer science/IT from a recognized university. Candidates must also have an interest in Mathematics and Statistics.
If you have any questions, please ask us here – we answer every single query of students.
Data Science Courses in Kolkata Quora
Are you wondering where to undertake a data analytic course in Kolkata? Well, you’re not alone. Many interested candidates are searching for the programme online.
It has been referred to as the oil of the 21st century and you shouldn’t miss out on the benefits of data analytics. This article compiles the best data analytics courses in Kolkata.
Other Articles You Might Like
- Best Data Science Courses in Pune
- Data Science Courses in Kerala
- Top 10 Data Science and Analytics Colleges in Chennai
- Best 10 Data Science Colleges in Delhi
- Best Government-funded Data Science Courses in India
Image Credit: SOURAV MAITY