Top 10 Data Science Institute in Mumbai
|Best Data Science Courses in Mumbai with Placements||Fee (INR)|
|Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai||2,50,000|
|Vivekanand Education Society Institute of Management||6,79,500|
|Smt. Jayshree Sharadchandra Kothari Business School, Mumbai||6,00,000|
|Pro School IMS||36,000|
|National Institute of Security Market||13,350 per month|
|Meghnad Desai Academy of Economics and Decimal Point Analytics||Programme fee available upon request|
|AEGIS||7,50,000 + (GST)|
|Ivy Pro School||52,000|
|MCTA||Available upon request|
|Admission Help||Click here|
Quick Links for Reference
- Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai
- Vivekanand Education Society Institute of Management
- Smt. Jayshree Sharadchandra Kothari Business School, Mumbai
- Pro School IMS
- National Institute of Security Market
- Meghnad Desai Academy of Economics and Decimal Point Analytics
- Ivy Pro School
- Data Science Course Quora
- Related Posts
- Data Analytics – Free Guidance Available!
In today’s digitally-driven economy, data is one of the most valuable resources. Organizations are leveraging the data to make quicker and more informed decisions. As such, the data science programme is expected to grow exponentially during the 21st century. This article highlights some of the programmes that you can undertake to harness the opportunities that come with the growth of the data world.
10 Data Science Courses in Mumbai
1. Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai
- Introduction: TISS is a public research institution established in 1936 by Sir Dorabji Tata Trust. In 1964, the Government of India declared it a deemed university under section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956.
- Course Offered: Executive Postgraduate Diploma In Analytics (EPGDA)
- Course Objective: This programme consolidates information & communication technologies, artificial intelligence, and deep learning to guarantee well-rounded graduates. It ensures that participants understand emerging issues in data analytics and data science and how they can affect business in the future. As such, graduates will be able to use predictive analytics to analyze, tabulate, present, and draw inferences from data.
- Fees: Rs. 2,50,000
- Duration: 1 year/ 690 learning hours equivalent to 46 credits
- Accreditations: TISS is accredited by NAAC and UGC
2. Vivekanand Education Society Institute of Management
- Introduction: VESIM is a business school situated in Chembur, Mumbai. It was awarded Grade A by the Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Maharashtra. NIRF also ranks it among the best B-Schools in India.
- Course Offered: PGDM in Business Analytics
- Course Objective: This programme aims at equipping participants with data analysis and decision-making skills. It trains them on using various statistical tools such as Python, R, Excel, Tableau, Hadoop, and SQL. Additionally, the programme incorporates immersion training, which guarantees hands-on skills in problem diagnosis and resolution.
- Fees: Rs. 6,79,500
- Duration: 2-year full-time programme
- Accreditations: Recognised by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA), AICTE, AIU, and NAAC
3. Smt. Jayshree Sharadchandra Kothari Business School, Mumbai
- Introduction: This institution was established by the Deccan Education Society (DES) to offer management studies in Mumbai. It has tailor-made courses that help professionals to adapt to the ever-changing business world.
- Course Offered: Post Graduate Diploma in Management with IBM’S Predictive Analytics Modeling Certification & Advance Excel Certification
- Course Objective: This programme is designed for working professionals. It has an all-inclusive curriculum that incorporates data analytics tools, predictive analytics modelling, data simulation, and data presentation. Students will acquire skills in using Excel, Python, R, and other programming languages.
- Fees: Rs. 6,00,000
- Duration: 2 years full-time
- Accreditations: The institution is accredited by AICTE, DTE, and the Government of Maharashtra.
4. Pro School IMS
- Introduction: Pro School IMS institution offers certification courses to students across India. It was started in 1977 by the Late Prof Rane and specialises in Analytics, Digital Marketing and Finance.
- Course Offered: Certification in Business Analytics
- Course Objectives: This programme aims at equipping professionals with the skills to make data-based decisions. It trains them on how to process raw data and present it in an easy-to-interpret format. Students will learn data visualisation and presentation skills using R, Python, and Tableau.
- Fees: Rs. 36,000
- Duration: 15 weeks live/interactive learning programme
- Accreditations: This institution is not accredited by UGC. However, it partners with experts such as IBM to offer the best certification courses for professionals.
5. National Institute of Security Market
- Introduction: NISM is an Indian public trust and statutory professional body established in 2006. It offers several certification programmes, academic programmes, capacity building, and training programmes. It has experts in data science and incorporates students to learn data analytics first-hand.
- Course Offered: Post Graduate Certificate in Data Science
- Course Objectives: This programme is designed to enable students to mine data using powerful tools. It helps them to find emerging trends and answer business questions using data analysis approaches. It covers topics such as Big Data Visualisation, Machine Learning, Programming Languages, Financial Products & Institutions, and Algorithmic Trading among others.
- Fees: Rs. 13,350 per month
- Duration: 14 months (weekend regular programme)
- Accreditations: Approved by All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) and recognised by the Ministry of Finance and Ministry of Education.
6. Meghnad Desai Academy of Economics and Decimal Point Analytics
- Introduction: MDAE is an institution that specialises in Data Analytics, Finance, and Economics. It is an institution of excellence in Post Graduate in Economics Programmes. Students undergo rigorous training on data analytic courses and their application in business management.
- Course Offered: Post Graduate Program in Data Science & Finance
- Course Objectives: This programme integrates data science and finance to enable participants to make evidence-based financial decisions for their organisations. It trains students on how to use analytical tools such as Python, R, and Tableau to analyse, visualise, and present data.
- Fees: Rs. 2000 evaluation fee. Programme fee available upon request. Scholarships offered to 5 students based on merit.
- Duration: 1-year programme (9 months classroom work and 3 months capstone/internship/project work.
- Accreditations: MCTA is an ISO 9001:2015 but not UGC-accredited
- Introduction: AEGIS school of Data Science was founded in 2002. It offers several data science and IT-related programmes, including full-time PGP programmes, short certification courses, and executive courses. It also awards excellence in technology through its Aegis Graham Bell Awards platform.
- Course Offered: Post Graduate Program (PGP) in Data Science Business Analytics & Big Data
- Course Objective: This programme is uniquely designed for working professionals with an urge to carve a career in data analytics and business analytics. It is flexible and comprises 3 distinctive modes including the executive (online), executive (weekend), and full-time. Participants will learn predictive analytics, deep learning, machine learning, and other data analytics techniques to improve their managerial abilities.
- Fees: Rs. 7,50,000 + (GST)
- Duration: 11 months
- Accreditations: Recognised by industry experts such as IBM. It is not UGC-accredited.
- Read More: You can click here to read more about the AEGIS School of Data Science.
- Introduction: ExcelR is a leading data science institution in India. It offers most of its programmes in association with SGIT, Steinbeis University, Germany. Its graduates get a dual certificate from both institutions and they are recognized internationally.
- Course Offered: PG/Masters Program in Data Science and AI
- Courses Objective: This programme is offered through three different modules: Classroom, Live Virtual Classroom, and Self-Paced Learning. This flexibility is ideal for working professionals who wish to get data analytic skills without interrupting their daily work schedules. Participants will acquire skills in data mining, linear regression, and deep learning among others.
- Fees: Rs. 2,30,000
- Duration: 6 months
- Accreditations: ExcelR is not UGC-recognised. It works in association with professional bodies such as IBM.
- Read More: Read more about ExcelR Data Science here.
- Introduction: Ivy Pro School was founded in 2007 to offer data science, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and corporate training programmes. It is ranked among the top 10 data analytic schools in India.
- Course Offered: Data Science Certifications
- Course Objectives: The institution offers several data science programmes including Machine Learning & Tableau, Business Analytics, Big Data, Predictive Analytics, and Advanced Analytics. The courses are designed to impart skills in data analysis/ visualisation.
- Fees: Rs. 52,000
- Duration: Each certification module has a different duration ranging from 25 hours to more than 239 hours.
- Accreditations: Ivy Pro School is not UGC-recognised. It is ranked among the best 10 analytics schools in India.
- Read More: Read more about the Ivy Pro School data science program here.
- Introduction: Marketing Courses Training Academy (MCTA) is located in Mumbai and specialising in data science programmes. The institution was the pioneer of the Postgraduate Programme in Data Science in India.
- Course Offered: Data Science course blended with Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence.
- Course Description: This programme includes both Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence. The blend equips participants with knowledge and skills to automate processes, thus improving management efficiency. Additionally, participants learn the basics of data visualisation, deep learning, and data presentation.
- Fees: Available upon request (based on modules and availability)
- Duration: 6 semesters/ 6 months (250 hours classroom training)
- Accreditations: MCTA is recognised by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: Which is the best data science course in India?
Ans: Several institutions offer data science programmes in India. However, these programmes vary depending on level and curriculum. As such, you should look for an institution that has your ideal programme and is accredited by UGC, AICTE, or any other valid accreditation body.
Q2: Who is eligible for a data science course in India?
Ans: Candidates must have an education background in Mathematics, Statistics, or Computer Science. They must have an interest in programming and analytics. The level of education needed varies depending on the nature of the programme. For example, an individual pursuing an MBA must have an undergraduate degree while the one for Bsc may require a diploma.
Q3: Is data science a good career?
Ans: Yes, data science skills are in high demand. Corporates are collecting large volumes of data and the need for data analysts is on the rise. Additionally, a majority of graduates get jobs in large corporations, both locally and internationally.
If you have any questions, please ask us here – we answer every single query of students.
Data Science Course Quora
Other Articles You Might Like
- NMIMS M.Tech Data Science (Business Analytics)
- CMI MSc Data Science Syllabus
- Ivy Pro School Business Analytics
- Data Science 360 Analytixlabs Review
- Manipal University MSc Data Science
Image Credit: Sonika Agarwal