Dibrugarh University Distance Education – Admission, Courses, and More
- Courses Available
- Fee Structure
- Accreditation Status
- How to Apply?
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- Distance MBA – Free Guidance Available!
- Dibrugarh University is a well-known university in north-east India and is situated in Assam.
- The university was set up in the year 1965. University is a teaching-cum-affiliating university and has very limited residential facilities.
- It is accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council in the year 2017. This accreditation of the university is valid for the next 5 years.
- The university offers different study courses starting from computer science, engineering and technology, management and juridical courses.
- The university offers both full-time and part-time courses. Around 178 colleges are affiliated with this university and the campus is spread over more than 500 acres of land.
- The university, however, does not offer a distance MBA course but there are many distance postgraduate courses to choose from.
- It is a State University.
Types of Courses Available
- M.A. in Assamese
- M.A. in Economics
- M.A. in English
- M.A. in Political Science
- M.A. in Sociology and Education
- M.A./ M.Sc (Mathematics)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing Management (PGDMM)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication (PGDJMC)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application (PGDCA)
Duration of the Course
- The course duration of the distance education from the university continues a maximum for 2 years though there are some courses which only continue for 1 year.
- Apart from all courses offered by the university only Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application (PGDA) is divided into 2 semesters.
The fee structure of all the courses offered by the university is mentioned below:
A fixed amount of Rs 900 is set by DDE, DU which every student has to pay at the time of admission.
Eligibility For the Course
- For studying any M.A. course from the university one has to be a graduate of any recognized university.
- For M.com, one must be B.com passed from any recognized university. For PGDM courses, having a three years graduation degree is necessary.
- There is no minimum percentage required for taking admission in the university.
Accreditation of the University
Dibrugarh University is currently not accredited by UGC. Below is its previous accreditation proof attached.
- Admission for all postgraduate courses is arranged in the month of July or August. Candidates willing to take admission universities have to collect the application form and the prospectus from any study centers under the Directorate of Open and Distance Learning.
- Before collecting the application form and prospectus, interested students have to pay Rs 200 to the university through bank transfer.
Start Your Admission Now
Start Your Admission Now
- While submitting the form, students have to attach all necessary documents needed for the filled up application form. The university does not conduct any admission exam, students falling under the eligibility criteria will get direct admission.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: Which banks have their branches in Dibrugarh University?
Ans: Punjab National Bank and SBI have branches in Dibrugarh University, both providing ATM facilities.
- Q2: What about hostel facilities for students at Dibrugarh University?
- The University is currently providing hostel accommodation to the deserving meritorious students – both boys and girls. There are 14 hostels on the Campus.
- As hostel seats are limited, all the students admitted to the various courses cannot be provided with hostel accommodation.
- Hostel seats are provided strictly on merit basis depending on the availability of seats. Reservation of seats for S.C. and S.T. candidates is made as per the rules of the University.
- Q3: What are the duties of Placement Cell at Dibrugarh University?
Ans: The duties of Placement Cells are:
- To organize on/off-campus recruitment.
- To obtain slots for internship/ summer training and organize industrial visits.
- To forge an alliance with industry and industry bodies like FICCI, CII, and FID, etc.
- To seek feedback from industry/ employers on the performance of students, curricula, and infrastructure and appraise concerned authorities.
- To coordinate soft skill training with Faculties.
- To maintain updated records about students’ skills training and placement activities
- Q4: What is the Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) in Dibrugarh University?
CBCS has been introduced at Dibrugarh University from the academic session 2009-2010 at the Postgraduate levels. This System provides ample scope for strengthening the academic potential of the students as it provides flexibility in the choice of courses within/beyond the framework of the discipline of study.
It is further democratization of higher education with the view to empower students in choosing their special subjects of study, thereby learning a concept or a skill in a field of his / her interest in addition to the study of a particular degree course.
- Q5: Does Dibrugarh University has its own central Library?
Ans: Yes. It has its own central library. The Central Library of Dibrugarh University, popularly known as Lakshminath Bezbaroa Granthagar is an integral part of all accomplishments of academic excellence and endeavor of the University.
The Library has its own repute in terms of books, journals, services, resources, and other related conventional and unconventional activities. The Library is sophisticated with Automated Library Management Systems.
- Q6: How will I submit the admission fee for distance education at Dibrugarh University?
Ans: Eligible candidates are required to submit their admission fee in cash in selected study centres in India.
- Q7: When I am required to select my ideal study centre?
Ans: Candidates are required to select their ideal centres during the application process. All the learning materials and any other information regarding students will be found in their respective study centres.
- Q8: What other learning facilities will I enjoy my study centre?
Ans: The study centres have libraries, learning centres, learners support centres, and regular live lecture sessions. Students are advised to visit the centre whenever they need any support/help.
- Q9: Can the university send me hardcopy learning materials for the distance course?
Ans: Yes, students have the right to access any learning material that will improve their learning environment. These materials will be delivered to the student’s respective study centres for collection.
- Q10: How will I get the students identity card?
Ans: Every student is entitled to get an identity card several days after completing the admission process. The card is issued by the study centres and students will be required to produce them whenever they are visiting the institution.
- Q11: Is it mandatory to attend the personal contact programmes for distance education students?
Ans: No, it’s not mandatory to attend the sessions. However, students are advised to attend the session and get answers to any questions that they may have.
- Q12: Which extra-curricular activities are available at the institution for distance students?
Ans: Students can engage in various games including volleyball, football, chess, and rugby. Also, the study centres have adequate gaming facilities that each student can enjoy. Ensure that you carry your identity card to be allowed to use these facilities.
- Q13: How will the institution verify my documents? Will I be required to physically present them?
Ans: While many of the admission processes can be completed through correspondence, candidates are advised against sending their original documents through the post. Instead, they should present them to the study centres in person for verification.
- Address: Dibrugarh University,
- Dibrugarh – 786004, Assam, India
- Phone: 0373-2370231
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://www.dibru.ac.in/
Other Related Posts for Students
- Maharishi Dayanand Distance MBA
- Utkal University Distance MBA
- ICFAI Distance MBA
- Top 17 Cheapest Distance MBA University in India
- Kurukshetra University Distance MBA
- Distance MBA – Start Here
Image Credit: nicn10