Best Distance MBA for Working Professionals in India
|Distance MBA for Working Professionals||Fee (INR)|
|Goa Institute of Management||4,79,000|
|Welingkar Institute of Management||81,000|
|Admission Help||Click here|
Quick Links for Reference
With the rise of technology, lectures are no longer confined to classrooms. A majority of students will be undertaking their programmes online by 2025. This shift is beneficial to professionals who desire to improve their skills without interrupting their work schedules.
Distance MBA for working professionals is one of the most popular programmes globally. It is tailor-made to enable professionals to attend most of the lessons through online platforms and only appear physically for examinations in designated study centres. This flexibility allows them to attend lessons only when they are off-duty.
Top 10 Colleges Offering Distance MBA for Working Professionals
- Introduction: IIM Bangalore was established in 1973 and it is recognized as an Institute of National Importance by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
- Course Objectives: This programme is designed for senior working executives and mid-level professionals. It combines both online and on-campus sessions. All participants will be required to attend several weekend lessons in selected centres.
- Fees: INR 19,00,000 payable in installments
- Duration: 2 years
- Accreditation: Accredited by UGC and the European Quality Improvement System (EQIS)
- Introduction: IIM Ahmedabad is recognized as an Institute of National Importance by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India. It offers e-learning options tailor-made for working professionals.
- Course Objectives: The programme is flexible to ensure that participants do not interrupt their regular work schedules. It utilizes interactive online lectures, case studies, simulations, and projects.
- Fees: INR 23,00,000
- Duration: 2 years (a maximum of 3 years)
- Accreditation: UGC-accredited
- Introduction: IIM Raipur was established in 2010. Its Post Graduate Program in Management for Working Executives/ Distance MBA uses technology-assisted delivery for flexibility and convenience.
- Course Objectives: The programme is designed for working professionals who want to improve their skills in their area of expertise. It includes weekend lessons conducted online with a few PCP sessions.
- Fees: INR 14,20,400 payable in 2 installments
- Duration: 24 months
- Accreditation: UGC-accredited
- Introduction: BITS Pilani is a UGC-approved institution. It offers an integrated learning system that incorporates distance learning for working professionals. The institution utilisés experiential learning, case studies, online lectures, projects, and continuous assessment tests to impart skills to all distance MBA participants.
- Course Objectives: The programme comprises online classes that are majorly conducted on weekends or after business hours. It also offers contactless online examination facilities to enable participants to complete the programme without taking a career break.
- Fees: INR 2,31,000 payable in four installments with an option of 0% interest EMI facility. Students must also pay an INR 1,500 application fee and INR 16,500 admission fee during admission.
- Duration: 2 years/ 4 semesters
- Accreditation: Accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) with Grade “A”
- Introduction: Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM) is a constituent of Symbiosis International Deemed University. It was established under section 3 of the UGC Act of 1956.
- Course Objectives: The programme offers participants the chance to earn dual specialization (minor & major). It is tailor-made for Saturday and Sunday lessons (9.00 am to 5.00 pm) to guarantee flexibility for working professionals.
- Fees: INR 6,40,00 payable in 4 instalments
- Duration: 30 months/ 5 semesters
- Accreditation: This institution is accredited by NAAC with Grade A+
- Introduction: NMIMS was established in 1981. It has a Global Access School for Continuing Education (GASCE) department that offers distance and online learning options to working professionals.
- Course Objectives: The curriculum is designed for working professionals who intend to carve a career in management. Students can specialize in Digital Marketing, Finance, Marketing, Operations & Supply Chain, Business Analytics, and Leadership & Strategy
- Fees: The total fee is INR 4,00,000 and an admission fee of INR 1,500. The institution also offers 0% EMI
- Duration: 2 years (with a flexible completion time of up to 3 years)
- Accreditation: Accredited by NAAC with grade “A+”
- Introduction: Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) offers a flexible pedagogy that enables participants to attend lessons during weekends. The institution was established by an Act of Parliament in 1985.
- Course Objectives: This programme is delivered using IGNOU e-content Mobile App, counseling sessions, live lectures, and print material.
- Fees: INR 58,000/- payable in 4 installments
- Duration: Minimum 2 years and a maximum of 4 years
- Accreditation: The university is accredited by NAAC with an A++ grade and recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
- Introduction: It offers a distance MBA/ PGDM-PT programme that is tailor-made to suit working professionals. It is ranked among the top 4 best B-schools by Positive Impact Rating, 2022.
- Course Objectives: This programme targets working professionals whose desire to further their education is limited by their work-related schedules. It offers weekend courses (both online and offline).
- Fees: INR 4,79,000 payable in six installments
- Duration: 3 years
- Accreditation: The institution is accredited by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), the National Board of Accreditation (NBA) and SAQS
- Introduction: Amity University distance MBA is ranked number one in Asia by QS. It offers a web-proctored learning mode that guarantees participants the flexibility to take exams from anywhere and have semester breaks.
- Course Objective: The programme targets working professionals who desire to build a career in marketing, operations, logistics, finance, management, and sales.
- Fees: INR 300,000 (One-Time), INR 315,000 (paid in 2 installments) or INR 350,000 (paid in 4 installments)
- Duration: 2 years/ 4 semesters/99 credits
- Accreditations: UGC-accredited
- Introduction: Welingkar Institute of Management is a private business school established in 1977. It is located in Mumbai and Bangalore, India. It offers hybrid programmes especially convenient for working professionals.
- Course Objective: The programme is designed for distance and learning online for employed professionals. It utilizes flexible learning approaches such as e-Learning Toolkits, Interactive Virtual Lessons, eBooks, and Industry Visits among others.
- Fees: INR 81,000 one-time payment without Personal Contact Programme (PCP) or Rs. 84,600 with PCP. Alternatively, students can pay RS. 43,500 per year (without PCP) or Rs. 47,100 per year (with PCP)
- Duration: 2 years/ 4 semesters
- Accreditations: Accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC)
If you have any questions, please ask us here – we answer every single query of students.
Other Articles You Might Like
- Tamil University Distance MBA
- Top 15 Online MBAs in India in 2020
- What to Do After Graduation?
- Corona Lockdown- 7 Motivating Tips to Study from Home
- Distance MBA Syllabus – All You Need to Know
Image Credit: Tamarcus Brown