B.R. Ambedkar University Distance MBA – Admission, Fee, and More
- Courses Available
- Fee Structure
- Accreditation Status
- How to Apply?
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- Distance MBA – Free Guidance Available!
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Open University was established in the year 1982 and is also known as Telangana Open University. The university was formerly known as Andhra Pradesh Open University and is situated in Hyderabad.
- The university offers a wide variety of courses and the study material provided by the university is also very helpful. The university aims at providing education to women and working professionals who are unable to study full-time courses.
- The university also focuses on socially and geographically disadvantaged groups and helps in upgrading their education level.
- The university has 117 study centers that are spread in all districts throughout the state. The study centers are located in selected colleges and experienced teaching staff working there are selected as counseling staff. The motto of the university is “Education at Your Doorstep“.
- It is a State Open University.
Types of Courses Available
- The university offers only one specialization in MBA and it is Hospital and Health Care Management. Apart from the specialization, the university also offers a general MBA course which continues for 3 years.
Duration of the Course
- Like any other MBA course, MBA from this university also continues for 2 to 3 years. The course is divided into semesters and the students have to give 2-semester exams each year.
Fee Structure of the University
- The course fee of an MBA needs to be paid yearly. The total fee for each MBA course is approximately Rs 30,000. A student has to pay Rs 10,000 each year.
- Candidates willing to study MBA from the university must have passed their class 10 and 12 from any recognized board in the country. Students must have also completed their bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
B.R. Ambedkar University Accreditation Proof
The university is recognized by University Grants Commission (UGC) and below we have attached a screenshot of it.
- Candidates willing to take admission in Dr. BR Ambedkar Open University has to appear for an entrance examination. The entrance examination is followed by a group discussion and a personal interview.
- The selection of the candidates will be based on the results of the entrance examination, Group discussion and personal interview conducted by the university. The entrance examination paper consists of five different groups namely A, B, C, D, and E.
- The total marks for the examination are 100. Candidates have to score at least 36% to be eligible.
- ST and SC candidates are given a relaxation of 5% in the entrance examination. The questions in the examination cover areas like reasoning, numerical ability, English comprehension, health and hospitality knowledge, and business knowledge.
- For taking admission students have to fill up an online form that is available on the university’s website.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: Is it good to go ahead with Dr. BR Ambedkar Open University?
Ans: Yes, Dr. BR Ambedkar University is a good option for an MBA. The university is recognized by UGC and university recognized by UGC falls under the best category.
- Q2: How is the faculty of Dr. BR Ambedkar Univerisity?
Ans: The university holds highly experienced teachers as faculty members. Besides that, the teaching method of the university is quite unique and uses every modern teaching technology. It offers many graduates, undergraduate and postgraduate courses and students can choose the one they like.
- Q3: Does BR Ambedkar University provides support services to students?
Ans: Yes. The Student Services Branch is responsible for providing support services to the learners. The Director of the branch is assisted by the Deputy Directors, Assistant Directors, and part-time coordinators.
Scheduling of regular contact and counseling sessions, facilitating the listening and Viewing of audio and video lessons, arranging summer and winter schools, counseling the learners on general matters and providing library facilities are some of the major functions provided by the Branch.
- Q4: What is the procedure for online registration?
Ans: You can register online on the official website of the university. Open the admission from there and fill all the necessary details required. After you have entered all the information, click submit and take a print out as a record.
The application form contains a “10” digit application number. On this number, only the candidate should pay the required fee at any T.S/A.P. Online Centre or through Debit or Credit card and collect the receipt.
- Q5: What is the instructional strategy of Dr. BR Ambedkar University for Distance MBA Program?
Ans: The University adopts a multimedia approach for instructions, i.e., printed Programs material, radio lessons, audio and video lessons, contact – cum – counseling classes, winter, and summer schools for intensive coaching by experts.
The printed materials are sent to the student through postal or courier services. The cassettes are made available through the study centers.
- Q6: Does the institution provide a fee waiver for students with special needs?
Ans: Yes, BR Ambedkar Open University has a partial fee waiver for physically challenged students. Interested students should visit the Andhra Pradesh State Physically Handicapped Office and request for fee reimbursement
- Q7: Will I get a scholarship when I enroll for distance MBA at the institution?
Ans: No, the institution does not offer any scholarships. However, students are encouraged to apply for state and central government scholarships
- Q8: Which delivery module does the institution use for distance MBA?
Ans: Students have unlimited access to the institution’s digital library. Additionally, they can access online lectures and other e-learning facilities
- Q9: What do I expect with the entrance examination?
Ans: Every candidate is required to attend a common entrance exam before admission. The exam will cover areas such as numerical ability, reasoning skills, English comprehension, business knowledge, and hospitality knowledge
- Q10: Is work experience mandatory for distance MBA admission at BR Ambedkar Open University?
Ans: No, work experience is not mandatory. The university has reserved 50% of distance MBA seats to fresh graduates and the rest to in-service candidates
- Q11: Can I be excused from the entrance exams if I have a valid CAT scorecard?
Ans: No, the only admissible scorecard is the TSICET (Telangana State Integrated Common Entrance Test)
- Q12: How much is the application fee for distance MBA at the BR Ambedkar Open University?
Ans: Candidates must pay a non-refundable application fee of INR 200. The fee is payable online through a debit card and a credit card
- Q13: What is the work experience requirements for in-service candidates?
Ans: All in-service candidates must possess a minimum of 3 years of experience. These applicants must have recommendation letters from their current and previous employers
- Q14: Will I be required to physically attend any session at the institution?
Ans: No, the institution has developed top-notch online learning techniques that will facilitate e-learning, online evaluation, and assignment delivery
- Prof.G.Ram Reddy Marg, Road No:46-Jubilee Hill,
- Hyderabad, Telangana 500033
- Phone: 070954 24005
- Website: http://braou.ac.in/
Other Related Posts For Students
- IIM K distance program
- IIM Calcutta distance program
- XLRI distance programs
- Symbiosis Distance Learning
- Top 10 Best Distance MBA in India
- Are you interested in an MBA? Find out the basics of it – Why MBA?
- Distance MBA – Complete Guide