ExcelR Data Science Review – PG/Masters Program in Data Science and AI
|ExcelR Data Science Review||Details|
|Course offered||PG/Masters Program in Data Science and AI|
|Stream||Data Science & Analytics|
|Fee of course (INR)||230,000|
|Accreditation||CIO, SiliconIndia, ECIL-ECIT|
|Work ex required||No|
|Eligibility||Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from a UGC-recognised institution|
|Admission Help||Click here|
Quick Links for Reference
- Course Objectives
- Programme Curriculum
- Why ExcelR?
- Admission Process
- Fee Structure
- Batch Profile
- Placement Assistance
- Job Prospects
- Accreditation and Ranking for ExcelR
- Student Testimonials
- ExcelR Data Science Quora. Is it worth it?
- Other Courses Offered at ExcelR
- Contact Details
- Related Posts
- Data Analytics – Free Guidance Available!
Over the last few years, there has been a rise in demand for data scientists. By 2020, India had more than 93,000 vacant data scientists jobs.
This is attributed to the increase in online transactions that leads to organizations collecting different types of data. Enrolling in a data science programme at ExcelR helps you to analyze and store this data.
This programme provides comprehensive training on all facets of data science and other related fields. It equips participants with hands-on experience in using ETL tools, establishing a big data virtual lab, and using Amazon web services. It also offers intensive training on the use of statistical tools such as Tableau, Hadoop, Apache Spark, MySQL, R, and Python.
Course Duration: 10 months
Type of Course/ Medium: Blended (Classroom and Online/ Live Sessions)
All participants will be required to undertake all courses offered in this programme to get the certification (no specialization is offered). The 12 courses offered are:
- Agile Project Management Methodology – essential in the management of data analytics projects.
- Internet of Things Sensors ( Node MCU, Raspberry Pi, Arduino) – includes training on Thing Cloud (data streaming from sensors to Cloud).
- MySQL – storage and manipulation of structured data in RDBMS.
- R- Statistical Command Language – essential for machine learning algorithms and statistical analysis.
- Python Programming Language.
- Data Science – including analyzing data in a disciplined manner.
- Artificial Intelligence and Deep Learning – essential in analyzing images, audio files, videos, and textual data.
- Tableau – using the tool in data visualization and business intelligence.
- Cloud Computing using Azure – data storage on the cloud and building Machine Learning on Cloud.
- Using Hadoop and Spark to store & retrieve information, transform data, and build models.
- Excel Statistical Tool for data visualization, analysis, and reporting.
- Amazon Web Services for Cloud data storage, modeling, and transformation.
Each course comprises several modules ( R with 5 modules and Python with 21 modules). Each module imparts different skills to participants in intensive and interactive learning sessions.
- JUMBO PASS. ExcelR offers participants an exclusive pass to attend unlimited batches of data science programmes. Students can attend classroom, e-learning (recorded sessions), and instructor-led live online sessions at no additional cost.
- 3 Capstone Projects from Various Domains. ExcelR requires that students complete a minimum of two projects from 18 different domains. The main domains include Social Media, FMCG, E-Commerce, Banking, and Aviation.
- Dedicated Support Team. ExcelR has an assigned team to help students with the technical aspects of the programme.
- 100% Placement. ExcelR guarantees students who finish their project placement assistance.
- Admission to the data science programme at ExcelR is based on merit and capacity. All prospective candidates are required to fill in application forms available upon request (through live chat, WhatsApp, or emails).
- Candidates must then submit the duly completed forms before the stipulated deadlines.
- ExcelR’s admission panel selects candidates that meet the eligibility criteria. Successful candidates are intimated through their email addresses or telephone numbers provided during the application process.
- Upon payment of the required fees, the participants receive the schedule for live virtual and classroom sessions.
This programme is offered online through live interactive sessions conducted by data science experts. The sessions begin at a specific time where the students and the trainer log in at the same time. Additionally, all sessions are recorded and made available to students through ExcelR’s Learning Management System (LMS).
Upon completion of the programme, all the participants will be required to undertake an online exam conducted by Steinbeis University. They must achieve at least a 60% score to get the certification. After completing the course, graduates continue to get peer support through interactive platforms such as forums and social media platforms.
- All prospective candidates must have a background in IT, Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, and Statistics.
- They should have completed a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from a UGC-recognised institution.
- Candidates with programming skills, mathematical & analytical expertise and technical knowledge of SAS, R, & Python tools will have an added advantage.
The total fee for the programme is INR 2,30,000. It is payable through Cash, Net Banking, Debit Card, Credit Card, cheques, Visa, PayPal, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express.
The data science programme at ExcelR comprises students from different backgrounds ranging from Engineering, IT, Manufacturing, Automotive, and Banking. A majority of the participants have a Master’s degree in an IT-related programme. Additionally, more than half of the participants have at least 5 years of work experience in different fields.
ExcelR guarantees placement assistance to all participants after completion of assignments and projects. It has a placement incubation cell that boasts over 90% placement success. It guides students in resume preparation and offers mock interviews by senior data scientists. It also conducts SWOT analysis on where students need to improve and facilitates interviews from a placement network of over 150 organizations.
Data scientist graduates work in different sectors ranging from IT, Engineering, Banking, Communications, Manufacturing, Pharmaceutical, and Automotive. The skills acquired to allow the graduates to work in any organization handling and analyzing big data. Some of the placement partners include Deloitte, Oracle, Magicbricks, Vodafone, Wipro, Coca-Cola, and IBM. Here is a breakdown of salary expectations for graduates:
|Entry||0 years||Minimum 3 Lakhs per annum|
|Early||1-4 years||4-7 Lakhs per annum|
|Mid||5-9 years||6-15 Lakhs per annum|
|High||Above 10 years||Maximum 25 Lakhs per annum|
Accreditation and Ranking for ExcelR
ExcelR ranks among the best data science institutions globally. In 2018, the institution was among CIO’s top 20 most promising data analytics solution providers. It has also been ranked among the top 20 best PMP training institutes by SiliconIndia. Additionally, ECIL-ECIT (a Government of India enterprise) has recognized ExcelR as a leading data science institution.
“The Overall Training was nice. The sad part is that I missed almost half of the sessions due to travels. But went through the recorded sessions and completed the project.” GITHIN JAMES, ST. MARYS RUBBERS PVT. LTD.
“It was awesome training which will redefine my career in the analytics area. Thanks to the trainer that he is so apt with all the knowledge. He is a very good trainer.”Pankaj Singh, Delivery Operations Manager, CSC
Credit: ExcelR Official Website
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: How will my certificate read after completion of the programme? Steinbeis University or ExcelR?
Ans: Upon completion of the programme, graduates get a dual certificate with Steinbeis Akademie, Steinbeis University, Germany, and ExcelR logos. The certificate is signed by representatives of both institutions and is thus recognized internationally. Additionally, all ExcelR data science graduates enjoy the alumni status of Steinbeis University and all the benefits that come with it.
Q2: Is ExcelR good for Data Science?
Ans: Yes, ExcelR is an internationally recognized institution for data science. It has associations with different institutions globally, including Steinbeis University, Germany. It is ranked among the best institutions for data science the world over. Additionally, the programme is recognized by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
Q3: Which is the best institute for data science in Bangalore?
Ans: ExcelR is ranked among the best training institutes for data science in Bangalore. It offers placement services to all its graduates and ensures peer support even after convocation. It has associations with more than 400 organizations that participate in placement. They include IBM, Panasonic, Infosys, and Accenture.
If you have any questions, please ask us here – we answer every single query of students.
ExcelR Data Science Quora. Is it worth it?
ExcelR is one of the most reputable data science institutions in India. It generates a lot of interest among education enthusiasts in Quora.
This article offers well-researched tips on everything you need to know about ExcelR’s data science programme. It provides an easy-to-understand admission process, eligibility criteria, fee structure, and many other aspects of the programme. It also offers a comprehensive FAQs section to answer all the questions you may have about it.
- Official Website: https://www.excelr.com/
- State: Bangalore, Karnataka
- Prospectus Link: Link
Other Courses Offered at ExcelR
1. Machine Learning Course Training
- Duration: 40 hours
- Requirements: Computer skills, Basic Data Science concepts, and Mathematics Knowledge
- Fee: INR 25,999 self-paced module
2. Data Analyst Certification Course Training
- Duration: 160 hours
- Requirements: IT/Computer Science/ Engineering/ Mathematics background.
- Fees: INR 39,999 for the live virtual classrooms and ₹ 15999 for self-paced learning
3. Business Analyst Certification Course Training
- Duration: 160 hours
- Requirements: Graduates in Engineering, Commerce, and Science Streams. Professionals with analytical skills will have an added advantage.
- Fees: INR 36,999
4. Statistical Analysis Certification Training
- Duration: 20 hours
- Requirements: Professionals with Mathematics/ Science/ Engineering backgrounds
- Fee: Exclusive Jumbo Pass with lifetime access for self-paced students
5. Deep Learning and Artificial Intelligence (AI), Diploma from SGIT, Steinbeis University, Germany
- Duration: 85 hours
- Requirements: Computer Science/ Engineering/ Mathematics degree
6. Data Mining Certification Training
- Duration: 40 hours
- Requirements: Knowledge in data science, IT, and data analysis tools
- Fee: Exclusive Jumbo Pass
Other programmes offered by ExcelR include Forecasting Certification Training (40 hours), Data Visualization Certification Training, and Advanced Analytics Training.
Other Articles You Might Like
- IIIT Bangalore PGD Data Science
- IIM Calcutta PGDBA
- IIM Bangalore Business Analytics
- Great Lakes Data Science
- IISC M.Tech Data Science
Image Credit: Markus Winkler