Fergusson College, Pune MSC Data Science Entrance Exam, Fee Structure, Admission and More
|Fergusson College MSc Data Science Admission||Details|
|Course offered||MSc Data Science|
|Stream||Data Science & Analytics|
|Fee of course (INR)||2,00,310/Annum|
|Accreditation||UGC, NAAC, and NIRF|
|Work ex required||Minimum of 2 years of work experience|
|Eligibility||Undergraduate degree in Tech/Computer Science/Engineering/ Mathematics|
|Admission Help||Click here|
Quick Links for Reference
- Course Objectives
- Admission Process
- Fee Structure
- Loan & Scholarships
- Batch Profile
- Job Prospects
- Accreditation and Ranking for Fergusson College
- Fergusson College Pune MSC Data Science Quora
- Other Courses Offered at Fergusson College
- Contact Details
- Related Posts
- Data Analytics – Free Guidance Available!
If you want to get the best from your MSc. Data Science programme, you should undertake it in a college that offers technical support. The programme is highly practical and requires hands-on support.
This programme utilizes the knowledge of statistics, mathematics, and computer science to solve data-related problems. Participants get skills that help them to make sense of big data.
It enables them to analyze the data for better understanding and application in solving organizational problems. Additionally, participants learn the use of tools such as SAS, Excel, and Tableau.
Course Duration: 2 years
Type of Course/ Medium: Hybrid Programme
Students are required to complete a total of 80 credits spread within 4 semesters. The first semester consists of core courses that introduce the students to data analysis tools, data structures, machine learning, artificial intelligence, data management system, and statistical inference. During their second year of study, the students will specialize in two of the following areas:
- Design and Analysis of Algorithms
- Data Science Case Studies
- Soft Computing
- Artificial Intelligence
The first elective chance is offered in first-year semester 2 where the student is required to choose between Design and Analysis of Algorithms and Soft Computing. In the first semester of the second year, the student will then be allowed to choose between Artificial intelligence and Data Science Case Studies.
- Admission to M.Sc Data Science is based on the score of an entrance examination conducted by the university and the total intake capacity. In case of a tie-in entrance examination score, the admission panel uses the strength of graduation marks or dates of birth of the individual candidates.
- Interested candidates will be required to undertake the entrance exam online.
- They will then fill the application form, upload attested copies of their documents, and submit their duly completed forms within the stipulated deadlines.
- The candidates will also be required to pay a non-refundable application fee.
- The admission panel will then select candidates who meet the minimum eligibility criteria and invite them for a counseling session.
- Successful candidates will be offered provisional admission and they will be intimated through their email addresses.
- The admission will be confirmed upon verification of documents and payment of a commitment fee.
This programme utilizes both virtual and classroom sessions to offer a synergistic learning environment that enables students to cover the curriculum comprehensively.
The institution has a Learning Management System (LMS) that enables students to access a digital library, recorded lecturers, virtual sessions, and learning materials at their convenience.
Students are required to attend a minimum of 75% of all sessions to qualify for certification and convocation. Additionally, students must complete and pass all assignments, project work, and case studies, continuous assessment tests, and end-of-term examinations.
During the last semester, students will be required to write their final project report and offer a viva-voce presentation.
All prospective candidates must have an undergraduate degree in Tech/Computer Science/Engineering/ Mathematics from a recognized university with a minimum 60% aggregate score.
They should also have a minimum of 2 years of work experience. Candidates with programming skills will have an added advantage.
|Fergusson College Msc Data Science Fee Structure||Details (INR)|
|Students from outside Maharashtra||2,00,310/annum|
The fee is payable in installments through Credit Card, Debit Card, and Demand Draft, drawn in favor of Fergusson College.
Loan & Scholarships
The institution offers several scholarships to students. However, self-financed Msc Data Science students will be required to provide a caste validity certificate when applying for the scholarship. Additionally, students can access education loan facilities from banks such as ICICI Bank, State Bank of India, and HDFC Bank.
The programme comprises participants in IT, Engineering, and Computer Science. A majority of the students are above 25 years and possess an average of 5 years of work experience.
The participants are drawn from different sectors including Banking, Manufacturing, Consultancy, Family Business, and Automotive.
Data science graduates from Fergusson College work in different sectors, including manufacturing, Automotive, and Banking.
The institution offers placement assistance to all students. Some of the major organizations that take part in the placement include Tata Consultancy Services, Mahindra Electric Ltd, Google, Infosys, and Deloitte. The average entry salary is 5 Lakhs annually.
Accreditation and Ranking for Fergusson College
Additionally, the college was ranked 42nd best college in India by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF), 2020.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: Will I be required to undertake an entrance exam when applying for Data Science at Fergusson College?
Ans: Yes, candidates will be selected based on an entrance examination offered by Fergusson College, Pune. The exam is conducted online and all candidates must upload the score together with the application form to be considered. In the case of a tie-in entrance score, the admission panel uses other parameters, such as academic qualifications, to select the best candidates.
Q2: Is Fergusson College recognized by the Government of India? Is it a public institution?
Ans: Yes, Fergusson College is recognized by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, and accredited by UGC. It is an autonomous public college that was founded in 1885 by DES (Deccan Education Society). It is also among the few institutions awarded the heritage tag by the central government of India.
Q3: Is it difficult to get admission to the Data Science Programme at Fergusson College?
Ans: No, Fergusson College allows interested candidates to apply online. You will be required to visit the institution’s official website, fill the application form, upload attested certificate copies, pay the application fee, and submit before the deadline. Candidates will also be required to upload copies of signature and photographs and register with a valid phone number/email address.
Q4: How do I check the Fergusson College merit list?
Ans: To get the merit list, candidates are required to follow the following steps:
- Visit the official Fergusson College website
- Click on the admission portal button
- Click on the MERIT LIST link
- Verify and check your names and details from the list
If you have any questions, please ask us here – we answer every single query of students.
Fergusson College Pune MSC Data Science Quora
Fergusson College’s Data Science programme is popular among Quora users. Questions ranging from the average salary, placement, course suitability, and requirements are predominant. This article provides an in-depth analysis of all these aspects to enable you to make an informed decision before joining the programme.
- Official Website: https://www.fergusson.edu/
- State: Fergusson College Rd, Shivajinagar, Pune, Maharashtra 411004, India
- Prospectus Link: You can click here for the prospectus.
Other Courses Offered at Fergusson College
1. MEAN STACK Web Development Certification Programme
- Requirements: Computer Science/ IT background. Programming skills a plus
2. Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) Certification
- Requirements: Business/Commerce/IT/Mathematics background
3. M.Sc. Industrial Mathematics with Computer Applications
- Requirements: Bachelor’s in Computer/Engineering/Mathematics/ Statistics/Physics/Chemistry with minimum 2 years experience.
Other Articles You Might Like
- IIM Ranchi Business Analytics
- ISI Delhi Business Analytics
- ExcelR Data Science Review
- SRM Data Science Fee
- IIT Bombay Data Science
Image Credit: MayoFi