Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi MBA
- Courses and Duration
- Admission Process
- Accreditation Status
- Fee Structure
- Expected Salary
- Contact Details
- Related Post
- Free Admission Guidance Available!
- Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi is a private institution established in 1954. It offers management training to produce dynamic business professionals.
- FMS is part of the University of Delhi which is one of the premier universities globally. Also, it’s one of the institutions that founded the Association of Management Development Institutions of South Asia.
- It offers a full-time MBA that offer a practical approach to problem resolution and transformational leadership.
- The institution is approved by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) and NCTE.
Course and Duration
- It’s a 2-year full-time program. Each year consists of 2 semesters.
- All students must take 60.0 credit hours during the first year of study.
- Towards the end of the first year, students are allowed to choose up to two areas of specialization.
- The areas of specialization include Human Resource Management, Marketing, Finance, and Operations Management.
- All students are required to undertake a summer project and internship before graduating.
- The curriculum integrates modern teaching techniques including digital content delivery and group discussions. This dynamism guarantees highly competent management graduates.
- Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s Degree after 12 years of formal schooling. The degree must be from a reputable institution recognized by UGC.
- Candidates must have obtained at least 50% aggregate marks or an equivalent CGPA in their undergraduate studies. SC/ST/PWD students should have a minimum of 45% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA.
- All candidates must prove that they possess exemplary writing skills, communication skills, and interpersonal skills through physical interviews conducted in the institution.
- Candidates must provide a valid score card of CAT/ XAT/ or GMAT tests.
- Candidates in their final year of study are eligible to apply so long as they provide their latest score sheet (must score at least 50% aggregate marks).
- After successfully getting an offer, students in their final year of study must provide their final score sheet or a valid certificate to be registered.
All candidates interested in FMS’s MBA program must appear for CAT Exam conducted by IIMs. A valid score sheet of the test must be attached during the application process.
Start Your Admission Now
Start Your Admission Now
The admission process has three distinct steps:
- After the deadline elapses, all received applications are assessed to determine whether they meet all requirements as listed in the “eligibility section” above.
- Candidates who meet the criteria are selected to proceed to the next admission phase.
Personal interview and Group Discussion
- All the shortlisted candidates are required to physically appear for a Personal Interview, Group Discussion, and Extempore Speech.
- These tests are conducted to evaluate the candidates’ writing abilities, speech, and other interpersonal skills.
- Under each test category, the candidates are awarded marks that are added to CAT/GMAT scores to determine whether they will progress to the next stage.
After the two admission phases, the admission panel will evaluate the candidates’ overall performance to determine the successful candidates to be admitted into the institution.
Besides the performance in the first two stages, admission officials also consider the following:
- Past work/professional experience
- Engagement in extracurricular activities
- Past academic achievements
Prospective students who earned the highest marks are offered admission into the institution. They must accept and confirm the offers to get all the details of the course including registration requirements and reporting date.
- Accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) and NCTE
- Approved by UGC
- Ranked 4th among Top 100 Management Schools by Outlook India.
- FMS Delhi was ranked 4th among “India’s Most Desirable Business Schools in 2019” by InsideIIM.
- FMS Delhi charges a total fee of INR 10,480 per annum. It includes tuition fees, administrative fees, and study materials.
- The institution also offers sponsorship opportunities to needy and intelligent students. If in need, candidates are required to apply for consideration.
- FMS’s MBA graduates get numerous job offers from both local and international organizations
- It achieves up to 98% placement success.
- The highest offer is approximately Rs 80 Lakhs annually with an average of Rs 13 Lakhs.
- Some of the corporations that take part in the placement include Deloitte, Mahindra, KPMG, Google, Procter & Gamble, and YES bank.
- Most of the graduates get introductory offers ranging between Rs 15 Lakhs and Rs 80 lakhs.
- The salary increases as the graduates get field exposure and it may rise to Rs 100 Lakhs in the first 5 years of their professional lives.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: Are there language requirements for international students?
Ans: Yes. All students are required to have significant knowledge of the English language which is the acceptable pedagogical language.
If a candidate obtained their undergraduate degree from a university whose primary instruction language was not English, they must complete the International Language Testing System (IELTS) or Teaching of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) test.
To qualify for an MBA at FMS, such students must score a minimum of 580 marks on the paper-based test, 237 on the computer-based test, or 92 marks for the internet-based test for the TOEFL. The minimum requirement for the IELTS test is an overall score of 7.0
- Q2: Why should I undertake MBA studies? Is it worth it?
Ans: The course is tailor-made to handle all the dynamism of the global business environment. Besides scaling the heights of your career life, it will open your mind up to spot business opportunities and invest in different sectors.
What’s best is its affordability. You have the ability to get your return on investment within 2 years of study.
- Q3: Do FMS offer entrance scholarships for MBA students?
Ans: MBA students rarely get an entrance scholarship. However, there are limited chances of competitive scholarships for students after admission.
- Q4: Do FMS offer conditional acceptance to MBA after rewriting GMAT?
Ans: No. The institution does not apply any conditional acceptance. If your qualification was unsuccessful due to the GMAT test score, you’ll have to wait for the next admission.
If you would wish to get further details about FMS and its MBA program, you shouldn’t hesitate to contact their representative using the address below:
- Management Science Association,
- Faculty of Management Studies,
- North Campus,
- The University of Delhi,
- Delhi – 110007
- Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Also, you can visit their official website http://www.fms.edu for a more detailed analysis of the MBA course outline, structure, and credit hours required for completion.
Other Articles You Might Like
- National Institute of Industrial Engineering MBA Program
- KIIT School of Management MBA Program
- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade MBA Program
- IIT Dhanbad – Department of Management Studies MBA
- A Pai Management Institute MBA Program
- Jamia Millia Islamia MBA Program
Image Credit: Hans Vivek