Fore School of Management MBA Program
- Courses and Duration
- Admission Process
- Accreditation Status
- Fee Structure
- Expected Salary
- Contact Details
- Related Post
- Free Admission Guidance Available!
- Fore School of Management (FSM) was established in 1981 in New Delhi. The institution is affiliated to Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University.
- It offers PGDM which is equivalent to an MBA and it’s recognized by the Association of Indian Universities. Also, the program is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education.
- FSM is SAQS Accredited. Its PGDM program is designed to train creative business managers who can handle the complex business environment.
Course and Duration
- It’s a two-year full-time residential program. Each study year has 3 terms.
- In the first year of study, students are required to do a minimum of 60 credits (54 from the core courses and 6 from electives).
- Starting from term three of the first year through to term two of the second year, the students are required to take at least 43.5 credits from the elective courses.
- All PGDM students are allowed to specialize in two areas. However, the students must take at least 5 credits in each of their chosen areas of specialization.
- Areas of specialization include Information Technology, Economics and Business Policy, Finance, International Business, Marketing, Human Resource Management, Operations Management, Organizational Behavior, Communication, and Strategic Operations.
- The program includes an internship towards the end of the first year and a project during the second year of study.
- It utilizes a wide range of knowledge dissemination techniques including assignments, digital presentations, group discussions, debates, and written tests.
The PGDM program has approximately 180 available seats. To be considered for admission, a candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Have a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3 years of study in any field. The degree should be from a reputable institution recognized by UGC.
- Must have a minimum of 50% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA.
- Must provide a valid CAT or XAT score sheet. International candidates are required to attach their GMAT scores during the application process.
- Candidates in their final year of study are eligible. However, they must prove that they scored an aggregate of 50% in their latest exam.
- Students in their final year must provide a score sheet or a valid degree certificate before they are registered. Failure to submit these documents can result in the cancellation of the offer.
- All candidates must apply for the PGDM program through the university’s portal before the set deadline.
Admission to the PGDM program is rigorous and it involves several steps. To successfully get a PGDM offer, you must follow the following admission steps:
- Register and undertake at least one entrance exam (CAT, XAT, or GMAT)
- Access the FORE website and apply for PGDM online
Start Your Admission Now
Start Your Admission Now
- Complete the application form accurately. You should note that the accuracy and truthfulness of the information provided at this stage influences your chances of success significantly
- Upload all the documents required as detailed in Fore’s website. The documents include passport photos, national identity documents, entrance exams results, and letters of recommendation, among others
- Submit the duly completed form online or to admission’s office before the deadline
After application, admission officials assess all the forms and sort them based on their predetermined eligibility criteria (as outlined above).
All the candidates that qualify are shortlisted and invited for a Personal Interview (PI), Written Tests (WT) and Group Discussions (GD).
After PI, WT, and GD, all the applicants are awarded marks based on their abilities. Those who rank well are shortlisted to proceed to the final selection stage.
In the final admission phase, the students are further awarded marks using other parameters like past work experience, academic achievement, extra-curricular activities, testimonials, and performance in the first two rounds of the process.
Successful candidates are informed about their admission status through the address provided during the application process.
Prospective students are expected to accept the offer of admission to receive registration code and fee structure.
- Accredited by the All India Council for Technical Education
- Granted SAQS accreditation for 5 years starting December 2017
- Ranked 37th best management school in India by National Institutional Ranking Framework.
- Awarded A*** grading by CRISIL for the Delhi-NCR region.
- The total fee for the PGDM program is Rs 14, 98, 000.
- All PGDM are placed in highly reputable institutions globally. In 2019, the highest salary earned by an MBA graduate was Rs 31 LPA up from Rs 21 LPA the previous year.
- The average salary is approximately Rs 10.8 Lakhs.
- Some of the organizations that participate in the placement process include Asian Paints, Deloitte, KPMG GS, VIVI, Zomato, Nivea, Philips Lighting, and Mahindra.
- Introductory salary for PGDM graduates is approximately Rs. 15 Lakhs which can increase substantially to more than Rs 50 Lakhs in 2 years.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: Can I apply for an MBA if I have a two-year degree certificate?
Ans: No, the institution only accepts degrees with a minimum of 3 academic years.
- Q2: How do I schedule an MBA interview?
Ans: You cannot schedule an interview. All the interviews are invite-only. The admission office will assess your application and invite you for an interview if you qualify.
- Q3: Can I appeal a denial to the MBA program?
Ans: No, the decision by the institution’s admission panel is final.
If you need clarification on any matter, you can contact the institution through the address below:
- FORE SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT
- “Adhitam Kendra” B-18, Qutub Institutional Area, New Delhi – 110016 (India)
- +91-11-41242424 to 33
- +91-11-46485500 to 30+91-11- 26520509 (Fax)
Any PGDM and admission related queries should be directed to:
- Prof. Sanghamitra Buddhapriya
- Dean (Academics)
- [email protected]
- Admission Office
- +91 – 11 – 26569996
- +91 – 11 – 41242415
- [email protected]
- Also, feel free to visit the institution’s official website https://www.fsm.ac.in to get more details about the institution as well as PGDM program.
Other Articles You Might Like
- T.A Pai Management Institute MBA Program
- Jamia Millia Islamia MBA Program
- Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi MBA
- Loyola Institute of Business Administration MBA Program
- PSG College of Technology MBA Program
Image Credit: Pratham Gupta