Get Free Admission Help
MBA GLUE provides 100% free admission guidance
- 10,000+ students and counting
- Pan India college network
- Complete help with the admission process
Note: Unless required, please avoid unrecognized colleges offering distance MBA.
All You Need to Know About Distance MBA Admissions, Fees and More
- Distance MBA Admission Process
- Distance MBA Fee Structure
- What Is Accreditation?
- Why Is It Important While Choosing a Distance MBA Program?
- Job Opportunities After Completing a Distance MBA Program
- Related Post
- Free Admission Guidance Available!
- If you are considering pursuing a distance learning program, you have made the right decision and you are at the right place for proper guidance and direction. A distance learning option is a great way to earn an MBA without enrolling for a full-time MBA program. A lot of people opt for the distance learning option for several reasons, some of which are work schedules, insufficient funds to afford a full-time program, etc.
- Distance learning programs are duly recognized and accredited by the relevant government agencies – University Grants Commission (UGC) / All India Council For Technical Education (AICTE). Not all the universities and colleges in the country offer a distance learning program, only a few of them do.
- In view of the above, we will take a look at the distance MBA admission process and also compare different fee structures of colleges.
Distance MBA Admission Process
- The distance MBA admission process is open to students that are qualified to apply. The entry requirements vary from one college to the other, however, if you are looking to earn a distance MBA degree any time soon, you must possess a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or college and must have scored at least 50% aggregate marks.
- The following are the distance MBA admission process:
1. Requirements And Eligibility
- We mentioned earlier that each school that is offering a distance MBA program has different entry requirements. Therefore, ensure you know what college you’re interested needs before applying for admission.
- Once you know what they need, you can then assemble your documents before proceeding to apply. The following is a general entry requirement for most colleges in India:
- Possession of a bachelor’s degree
- Having at least 50% aggregate marks in the first-degree examination
- Some colleges now accept 45% aggregate marks to qualify.
- As you can see from the general entry requirements above, the eligibility criteria are not too strict. Some universities may demand additional requirements before considering you for admission, therefore, always consult the school prospectus before you make your decision.
2. Get The Institution’s Prospectus
- Once you are sure you’ve met all the admission requirements, the next step is to obtain the college’s admission prospectus. A prospectus is a document that details the university’s admission process, courses offered, as well as career options. The prospectus will help you to decide which course or program suits your career option.
- The document is usually available on the university’s website for download. You can also get the prospectus at the university’s study center or regional center. If these two options are not favorable to you, you may try requesting the prospectus by post.
3. Complete The Application Form Online
- Thanks to technology and the internet, you can make your application online at the comfort of your home. Visit the school website and complete the application form. Before you complete the form, you would be required to open an account on the school’s portal. Ensure you provide valid details as false information could lead to disqualification. Once you are done completing the form, upload the required documents, and submit the application.
4. Entrance Test (If Applicable)
- While some universities organize entrance test for their prospective students, others don’t. The test is to enable them to assess students’ aptitude and to determine their potential whether or not they are likely to do well in the future.
- If the school you are applying to is among those that usually conduct entrance tests, it is important that you prepare for the test so that you can score high ahead of other students. The test score is a major factor that would determine your admission status in the school.
- If you perform well in the test you would be admitted based on merit. On the other hand, if your score is below the mark, your admission application would be rejected.
Let’s take an example of two colleges and how their distance MBA admission process works. Sikkim Manipal University, one of the best colleges to pursue a distance MBA program doesn’t organize entrance tests for their prospective students.
All you are required to do is to complete the application form and then wait for the school’s counselor to brief you on what to do next. Once you’ve submitted all the required documents and submit the application form, you will receive a notification of your admission status.
On the other hand, Lovely Professional University, another great college to earn a distance MBA has a different admission process. The school requires you to download their admission form from their website, complete the same, and submit with an application fee of Rs. 250.
The school also requires that you should upload your documents like proof of residence, photos, birth certificate or evidence of graduation just to prove your identity.
Distance MBA Fee Structure
- The tuition fee of a program is one of the most important considerations if you are planning to further your study. Distance MBA tuition fee varies depending on the school’s ranking, the duration of the program, and whether it is privately or publicly owned. For a fact, privately-owned colleges charge higher tuition fees compared to their publicly-owned counterparts.
- Let’s take a look at an overview of the distance MBA fee structure in Indian colleges.
- From the table above, you can see that the distance MBA fee is largely dependent on factors like school type, prestige, and reputation. For example, Panjab University charges higher than other public universities – the reason for this is not far-fetched. Panjab University is one of the oldest universities in the country, as such it is believed that the school offers quality programs and its curriculum is top-notch. Plus, the school parade lecturers and professors that are well-grounded in their area of discipline.
- Students would naturally prefer Panjab University over the University of Kashmir because, after graduation, their certificate would easily fetch them employment opportunities.
- If you are on a budget and you are looking to earn an MBA degree from one of the best schools in India, you can read this article to get a list of the cheapest MBA program in the country.
What Is Accreditation?
- Accreditation is the recognition earned by a university or college to the effect that the university or college maintains minimum academic standards. In India, UGC and AICTE are the government agencies saddled with the responsibility of accrediting distance MBA programs offered by universities or colleges.
- The essence of accreditation is to ensure that schools meet minimum academic quality. For this reason, both UGC and AICTE are always evaluating distance MBA colleges to determine whether or not the minimum standard is being maintained. Any school that meets the criteria would be recognized by the accrediting agencies.
Why Is It Important While Choosing a Distance MBA Program?
The following are the importance of earning a distance MBA degree from an accredited university:
- Accreditation helps prospective students to determine whether or not an institution is recognized by the government
- Accreditation helps universities or colleges to determine if the students’ transferred credits are acceptable.
- Accreditation helps recruiters and employers to determine whether or not the certificates presented by graduates are credible.
- It also helps employers to determine the eligibility of employees’ fee reimbursement.
- Accreditation makes it possible for graduates to enroll in professional courses.
- Accreditation forms the basis through which scholarships and loans are being administered across the country.
Job Opportunities After Completing a Distance MBA Program
- A distance MBA can open up lots of employment opportunities in industries such as marketing, finance, human resources, insurance, risk management, and accounting, among others. Distance MBA graduates can work as marketing and finance executive, corporate associate, finance analyst, portfolio managers, credit risk managers, employee relation managers, HR managers, brand managers, digital media managers, sales managers, as well as select positions in market research and advertising.
- If you hold a distance MBA in a concentration like International Business, chances of securing international jobs in consultancy, shipping, import and export, and logistics are very high. Another field that can place you aged of others is media and communication.
- Holders of a distance MBA degree can also secure government jobs in places like Railways, Banks, PSUs, and Airport.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: Which college is the cheapest to pursue a distance MBA?
Ans: Currently, ICFAI University is one of the most affordable colleges to pursue a distance MBA. If you are on a budget, you can earn your postgraduate degree without paying through your nose.
Other colleges you may also consider are the University of Kalyani, University of Kashmir, University of Calicut, and U.P Rajarshi Tandon Open University.
- Q2: Does a distance MBA certificate carries the same value as that of a full-time MBA program?
Ans: If you attend a distance MBA program, the certificate would be issued to you carries the same value as those obtained via the on-campus MBA program.
As a matter of fact, the certificate would not bear the word “distance,” though this depends on universities.
- Q3: Why is accreditation important?
Ans: Accreditation is very important in several ways. First and most important, employers or recruiters prefer MBA holders who graduated from an accredited university.
For a university to be accredited, that means the courses and curriculums are top-notch, plus, the lecturers are overtly qualified in a tertiary institution.
- Q4: What if I don’t have a bachelor’s degree in business; can I apply for distance MBA admission?
Ans: Of course, you can still apply for admission even though you didn’t study business management or accounting in your first degree. Most schools offer foundation courses to improve students’ knowledge of the business world.
- Q5: Will my distance MBA certificate fetch me a job?
Ans: Earning a distance MBA degree can improve your chances of landing your dream job. If you are already working, it will improve your leadership and managerial skills.
- Q6: Which is the cheapest distance MBA program?
Ans: Read this article to get a list of the cheapest MBA program in India.
Other Articles You Might Like
- Top 10 Best Distance MBA in India
- Distance MBA – Crucial Tips & More
- Executive vs Part-Time vs Distance MBA
- UGC/AICTE Government Approved Distance MBA Colleges In India
- Distance MBA without Entrance Test
Please join accredited distance mba colleges, unless required otherwise.