Distance MBA Scholarships
In the globalised world, distance learning has revolutionised the classrooms to bring education literally right at your doorsteps. what’s more? You can do it for free!
Yes, you read that right, various Indian and global educational institutions are now offering scholarships for you to become a MBA. In this piece we have comprehensively researched the scholarships on offer at India and abroad to find the best suits your personal needs.
Why go for distance MBA?
The biggest advantage of an online MBA is the flexibility and convenience that it offers compared to the traditional brick and mortar classrooms. It can give you an edge in your career or it can become the stepping stone to a better future. Online MBA is ideal for those who can’t afford regular MBA courses or for those who are unable to take time off work to attend a business school.
Resources for scholarships
We have painstakingly compiled a list of the best scholarships for you to choose from. These scholarships are offered by various global and Indian Institutes with differing criteria so please go through this list carefully.
Scholarship opportunities abroad
- Indiana University in the United States offers the Kelly Direct scholarship which is a merit based scholarship dependent on your GMAT score
- W.P. Carey offers scholarship on a competitive basis.
- In the UK, you can get scholarships from Aberdeen based on an essay
- You can apply to Warwick Distance Learning MBA Scholarship for 50% off from your tuition fees
Opportunities in India
You can also get distance MBA scholarship right here at India at Sikkim Manipal university. There are two scholarship programs available currently:
- Gyandeep Scholarship – This is for ex-students at Manipal. Details here.
- Vidyadeep Scholarship – This is for all students. Total 10,000 scholarship are awarded under this category. Details here
- Special Scholarship – This is only for students of Sikkim and NE region. Details here
Explore list of websites that list various options
- Scholars4dev offer a comprehensive list for different scholarships that you can use for distance learning at various locations abroad. While not all business schools may offer you scholarships for distance learning, it is best to contact the admissions officer of the university you are applying to.
- TopMBA is an excellent tool to look into distance scholarships that focuses on Business administration courses.
- Scholarship-positions is a useful tool for going through all the scholarships on offer in Europe in general and the UK in particular. You can also go through the eligibility criteria of various scholarships in detail on this site.
Other ways to earn the scholarship
Are you not able to meet any of the criteria for scholarships above? Fear not, for there are other ways that you can earn a scholarship for yourself like
- you can ask your current employer to sponsor your MBA, every company needs a capable and trained workforce.Therefore, you can persuade your current employer to not only sponsor your online course but also to give you some time off when you need to study.
- All business schools seek diversity, you should make it a point to share your ethnic background while applying to foreign Universities. Universities abroad take great pride in their diversity and your ethnic background will make your application much more attractive.
- If you have excelled in any sports activity, make it a point to stress that in your application. There are numerous sports quota for various courses and scholarships in which case your academic requirements might be lowered.
- Numerous Universities in the USA and Europe offer scholarship based on your nationality. These scholarships are meant to enable students from developing countries to undertake various courses.
In conclusion, there are numerous avenues for your career growth and development from the comfort of your home through distance MBA programmes. These scholarships give you a huge cost benefit balance in your favour for you to undertake MBA programmes.
We wish you the best of luck in your journey!
Credits: Photo by Adi Goldstein on Unsplash