Distance MBA Scholarships
- Why go for a distance MBA?
- Resources for scholarships
- Scholarship opportunities abroad
- Opportunities in India
- Explore the list of websites
- Other ways to earn the scholarship
- Related Posts
- Distance MBA – Free Guidance Available!
- In the globalized world, distance learning has revolutionized the classrooms to bring education literally right at your doorsteps. what’s more? You can do it for free!
- Yes, you read that right, various Indian and global educational institutions are now offering scholarships for you to become an MBA. In this piece, we have comprehensively researched the scholarships on offer at India and abroad to find the best suits your personal needs.
Why Go for Distance MBA?
- The biggest advantage of an online MBA is the flexibility and convenience that it offers compared to the traditional brick and mortar classrooms.
- It can give you an edge in your career or it can become the stepping stone to a better future.
- Online MBA is ideal for those who can’t afford regular MBA courses or for those who are unable to take time off work to attend a business school.
Resources for Scholarships
- We have painstakingly compiled a list of the best scholarships for you to choose from. These scholarships are offered by various global and Indian Institutes with differing criteria so please go through this list carefully.
Scholarship Opportunities Abroad
- Indiana University in the United States offers the Kelly Direct scholarship which is a merit-based scholarship dependent on your GMAT score
- W.P. Carey offers a scholarship on a competitive basis.
- In the UK, you can get scholarships from Aberdeen based on an essay
- You can apply to the Warwick Distance Learning MBA Scholarship for 50% off from your tuition fees.
Start Your Admission Now
Start Your Admission Now
Opportunities in India
You can also get a distance MBA scholarship right here in India at Sikkim Manipal University. There are two scholarship programs available currently:
- Gyandeep Scholarship – This is for ex-students at Manipal. Details here.
- Vidyadeep Scholarship – This is for all students. A total of 10,000 scholarships are awarded under this category. Details here
- Special Scholarship – This is only for students of the Sikkim and NE region. Details here
Explore the List of Websites that List Various Options
- Scholars4dev offers a comprehensive list of different scholarships that you can use for distance learning at various locations abroad. While not all business schools may offer you scholarships for distance learning, it is best to contact the admissions officer of the university you are applying to.
- TopMBA is an excellent tool to look into distance scholarships that focuses on Business administration courses.
- Scholarship-positions is a useful tool for going through all the scholarships on offer in Europe in general and the UK in particular. You can also go through the eligibility criteria of various scholarships in detail on this site.
Other Ways to Earn the Scholarship
Are you not able to meet any of the criteria for scholarships above? Fear not, for there are other ways that you can earn a scholarship for yourself like
- you can ask your current employer to sponsor your MBA, every company needs a capable and trained workforce. Therefore, you can persuade your current employer to not only sponsor your online course but also to give you some time off when you need to study.
- All business schools seek diversity, you should make it a point to share your ethnic background while applying to foreign Universities. Universities abroad take great pride in their diversity and your ethnic background will make your application much more attractive.
- If you have excelled in any sports activity, make it a point to stress that in your application. There is numerous sports quota for various courses and scholarships in which case your academic requirements might be lowered.
- Numerous Universities in the USA and Europe offer scholarships based on your nationality. These scholarships are meant to enable students from developing countries to undertake various courses.
In conclusion, there are numerous avenues for your career growth and development from the comfort of your home through distance MBA programs. These scholarships give you a huge cost-benefit balance in your favor for you to undertake MBA programs.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: What are my chances of getting a scholarship in India?
Ans: Scholarships are highly competitive and there is no guarantee that you’ll get one. To increase your chances, ensure that you provide all the documents required
- Q2: Does the Indian government have scholarships for international students?
Ans: Yes, international students can get scholarships offered by the Indian government. Candidates must have adequate knowledge of the English language, possess a valid passport, and give a detailed account of their area of interest
- Q3: What are the possible avenues to get a scholarship?
Ans: Students can get scholarships from different quarters including private institutions, government, individuals, education trust groups, and the institution offering the course
- Q4: How possible is it to get scholarships from two different quarters?
Ans: Students can get scholarships from different places. However, it’s only fair that they benefit from one and let another needy student benefit from the other one
- Q5: Can I get a refund if I get scholarships that exceed the fee required?
Ans: No, scholarships are only given to needy students who desperately need help to pursue their courses. Any student who has already cleared the course fee is not eligible. Also, no refund whatsoever will be made to the student’s account
- Q6: What are the critical documents required when applying for a scholarship?
Ans: Different institutions have varying requirements for scholarships. However, the common requirements include a copy of the admission letter, documents to prove that you need help, identification documents, and the student’s school registration details
- Q7: Can I appeal if an institution denies me the scholarship?
Ans: No, the scholarships are highly competitive and only offered on merit. The decision by the evaluation committee is final
- Q8: How do I identify scholarship scam? How do I avoid them?
Ans: Many people take advantage of vulnerable candidates to exploit them. Never pay money through fishy means to get a scholarship. Also, genuine scholarships are usually advertised on the institution’s website. If in doubt, call the institution using the numbers on their website
- Q9: Can I get a scholarship before being registered for a program?
Ans: In most cases, scholarships are reserved for students who have qualified for various courses in that university. However, you can always consult the organization offering scholarships to find out their proposition
- Q10: Are there groups given priority for scholarships in India?
Ans: Yes, most universities have special scholarships for sportspersons, ex-servicemen, PwD, SC, and ST groups. However, they’ll be required to provide all the supporting documents to benefit from the scholarships
Other Articles You Might Like
- Bharathiar Distance MBA
- ICFAI Distance MBA
- Free Distance MBA Scholarship
- The very best 13 distance MBA Universities in Mumbai
- Top 11 distance MBA universities in Bangalore
- Distance MBA – Complete Guide
We wish you the best of luck in your journey!
Credits: Photo by Adi Goldstein on Unsplash