Goa Institute of Management MBA Program
- Courses and Duration
- How To Apply?
- Accreditation Status
- Fee Structure
- Placement Details
- Expected Salary
- Contact Details
- Related Post
- Free Admission Guidance Available!
- Goa Institute of Management is a business school that was established in 1993. It is a business school situated in Goa State.
- The autonomous college has a dynamic Board of Governance that designs and implements programs that meet the market demands.
- It offers a full-time PGDM program which is equivalent to an MBA. It is approved by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
Courses and Duration
- It is a two-year full-time residential program.
- During the first year of study, all students must undertake core courses to establish strong leadership and managerial foundation.
- Some of the core courses include communications, economics, finance, decision-making, and international business management.
- During the second year of study, students must specialize in at least two areas of interest. They can choose Human Resource Management, Operations Management, International Business Management, Economics, Finance, or Hospitality Management.
- The curriculum utilizes dynamic and intensive teaching techniques including guest lectures, digital group discussions, conferences, exchange programs, assignments, and seminars.
- All students must undertake a 2-months summer internship in an organization approved by the university.
- Students are required to undertake a research project on a topic derived from their areas of specialization.
- All the students must cover all the classroom hours and demonstrate proficiency bypassing all the assessment tests and examinations.
- Failure to meet all the MBA requirements as set by the institution leads to delayed graduation.
- Candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree in any field from a UGC-recognized university. The undergraduate program must have at least 3 academic years.
- Candidates must have scored a minimum of 50% aggregate marks or an equivalent CGPA in their undergraduate studies. SC/ST candidates must have 45% aggregate marks or a CGPA of 4.5 on a scale of 10 points.
- Candidates must have a valid CAT/XAT/CMAT/GMAT scorecard.
- All candidates must take the GIM Analytics Aptitude Test ( GAAT).
- Final year students are allowed to apply but they must have scored at least 50% in their latest exams.
- In case of admission, such candidates are required to provide an original certificate or a letter from the registrar ascertaining that they have met all the undergraduate requirements.
- All candidates must apply through the institution’s website before the set deadline. They must upload the CAT/GMAT scorecard.
- After reception of the application forms, admission officials shortlist all the candidates that meet the minimum qualification requirements.
Start Your Admission Now
Start Your Admission Now
- All the shortlisted candidates are invited for personal interviews, group discussions, and written ability test.
- The candidates are required to physically appear in various centers for the interviews. The interview centers include Goa, Ahmedabad, Guwahati, Bangalore, Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai, Chandigarh, Cochin, Hyderabad, Pune, Indore, and Lucknow.
- Candidates must select their center of choice and confirm availability in time.
- The final selection of qualified candidates is made by considering objective assessment (40%), physical interviews (30%), work experience (10%), post-academic achievements (15%), and profile assessment index (5%).
- The objective assessment will be based on GMAT, CAT, XAT, and CMAT tests scorecards.
- All qualified candidates receive an invitation to join the program through the addresses provided during the application process. They are required to confirm reception and acceptance of the offer within the stipulated timelines.
- Accredited by National Board of Accreditation (NBA)
- Accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
- Goa Institute of Management was ranked 24th best B-school in India by Business Today
- Ranked 19th among the Top 100 Management Schools in India, 2016 by Outlook India
- The total fee for the MBA program is INR 1598000/- covering tuition, learning materials, library, and computer charges.
- The fee is payable in installments.
- Goa Institute of Management offers scholarships to needy and intelligent students.
- Goa Institute of Management achieves over 95% placement success.
- The highest domestic offer is approximately Rs 24 lakhs per annum while the highest international offer is Rs 34 lakhs annually.
- The average placement offer is Rs 11.32 Lakhs per annum.
- Approximately 120 companies participate in the placement exercise. They include Google, KPMG, Mahindra, Yes Bank, Procter & Gamble, and Deloitte.
- PGDM graduates earn an average salary of Rs 15 lakhs per annum with the highest-paid getting approximately Rs 35 lakhs annually.
- The graduates have the potential to raise their pay to over Rs 50 lakhs per annum within two years of professional work.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: Can I be accepted for an MBA at GIM if I graduated from an international university?
Ans: Yes, GIM accepts foreign students into the MBA program. However, you must have graduated from a university that is recognized by UGC.
- Q2: What happens when I forget to upload my certificates?
Ans: Uploading all the documents required is mandatory for your application to be considered. The institution gives the chance to edit the details (except the name). If the deadline for editing has elapsed, you should contact the admission panel immediately.
- Q3: I do not have the CAT results. Can work experience substitute the CAT requirement?
Ans: No, the CAT scorecard is mandatory.
- Q4: Will I be required to pay the entire school fees on admission?
Ans: No, the institution allows students to pay the school fee in installments. However, you’re required to clear the tuition fee before admission.
- Q5: Does GIM guarantee placements?
Ans: While the placement success is quite high for GIM MBA graduates, the institution does not guarantee it but only creates a conducive environment for organizations to participate in the exercise.
- Q6: After how long will I know whether my application was successful?
Ans: The admission panel will inform you of its decision as soon as possible. This will be done through the application portal as well as the personal address provided during the application process.
If you have any inquiries, you shouldn’t hesitate to contact one of the institute’s representatives through:
- Goa Institute of Management
- Poriem, Sattari, Goa 403505.
- Tel: 0832 -2366700 | Fax: 0832 2366710
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
For any admission queries, you should contact the address below:
- Admissions Office
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 91-832-2366769
- Also, feel free to visit the institution’s official website www.gim.ac.in for detailed insights about the institution and its programs.
Other Articles You Might Like
- IMI Kolkata MBA Program
- VIT Vellore MBA Program
- IFMR Business School MBA Program
- Panjab University, Chandigarh MBA
- Amity University Noida MBA Program
Image Credit: Ravi N Jha