PGDM in Big Data Analytics, GIM, Placements, Fees, Admission and More
|GIM PGDM BDA Placements||Details|
|Course offered||PGDM BDA|
|Stream||Data Science & Analytics|
|Fee of course (INR)||1,341,850|
|Accreditation||AICTE, UGC & NIRF|
|Entrance exam||XAT, GMAT, CMAT, or CAT scorecard|
|Work ex required||No|
|Eligibility||Bachelor’s degree (or it’s equivalent) with at least a 50% aggregate score (45% for SC/ST category)|
|Admission Help||Click here|
Quick Links for Reference
- Course Objectives
- Programme Curriculum
- Admission Process
- Important Dates
- Fee Structure
- Batch Profile
- Placement Assistance & Job Prospects
- Contact Details
- Other Courses Offered at Goa Institute of Management
- Related Posts
- Data Analytics – Free Guidance Available!
Did you know big data analysts are among the best-paid professionals globally? The demand for data analysts, data scientists, and AI & ML specialists is on the rise and there is a shortage of trained professionals. If you want to become a sought-after professional, enroll in the GIM PGDM in Big Data Analytics. The programme is UGC-accredited.
This programme aims at imparting data analysis skills to working professionals who intend to build a career in the data management field. It incorporates Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Deep Learning, and Natural Language Processing modules. Additionally, students will learn how to use Python, R, and Tableau in data analysis and interpretation.
Course Duration: Two years
Type of Course/ Medium: Full-time residential course
PGDM Big Data Analytics programme comprises 6 terms spread through 2 years. Each term consists of several modules as shown below:
|Term 4||Summer Internship Project|
Students will be required to specialize from term 5 where they will choose their courses from a list of 26 elective courses. Here’s the detailed list of electives. The core cores contribute 71 credits while the electives contribute 48 credits.
- All prospective candidates are required to undertake XAT, GMAT, CMAT or CAT examinations. Applicants with GMAT must inform GMAC to send the official score to GIM within the stipulated deadline.
- Candidates must then apply online by visiting the institution’s official website to access an application form. Duly completed forms and attested copies of documents must be submitted before the deadline. Late fee applies to all late submissions.
- Candidates are shortlisted based on their overall profile. All shortlisted candidates will then undertake an online aptitude test (GAAT).
- Candidates are invited for face-to-face evaluation based on entrance examination score, past academic performance, work experience, and GAAT results.
- All shortlisted candidates will be required to attend a physical interview in a center of their choice. The centres include Mumbai, Ahmedabad, New Delhi, Bangalore, Pune, Chandigarh, Indore, Chennai, Kolkata, Cochin, Lucknow, Goa, Hyderabad, and Guwahati.
- The final selection shall be made based on entrance exam and aptitude test scores (45% weightage), post-academic performance (15% weightage), physical interview (30% weightage), and work experience (10%).
- Successful candidates will be intimated using their official email addresses. They are required to pay the programme fee within the stipulated deadline to reserve their seat.
GIM utilizes a pedagogical philosophy that requires students to solve actual problems. It has immersive sessions that require participants to develop innovative problem resolution techniques using BDA tools. Additionally, the faculty assigns students to groups to enhance peer learning. The evaluation involves exercises, assignments, summer projects, and in-company projects.
The institution organizes a summer internship project (2 weeks) where students interact with industry leaders and get an opportunity to solve real-life problems. It also encourages online learning where students can access lectures and digital learning materials through an online portal.
- All prospective candidates must possess a three-year Bachelor’s degree (or its equivalent) with at least a 50% aggregate score (45% for SC/ST category) from a university recognized by the Association of Indian Universities/ AICTE.
- Candidates must have XAT, GMAT, CMAT, or CAT scorecard
- Candidates in their last year of degree should have obtained at least a 50% minimum score in their latest examination.
|GIM PGDM BDA Fees||Details(INR)|
|1st Term fee||2,56,150|
|2nd Term Fee||2,56,150|
|3rd Term Fee||2,56,150|
|4th Term fee||2,56,150|
|5th Term Fee||2,67,375|
|Total Fee Payable||1,341,850|
|Online application||2nd December|
|Face To Face Evaluation Process
|Announcement of Final Admission Results||April|
|New Academic Session Begins||June|
GIM partners with several financial institutions to offer education loans to students. Some of the partner banks include HDFC Bank, Bank of Baroda, and State Bank of India. Interested students are required to apply for the loan. Respective banks reserve the right to award or decline a loan facility to any student.
A majority of participants in the Big Data Analytics programme have an IT/Computer Science/ Engineering education background. Additionally, most of them have more than 2 years of work experience in diverse fields including IT, Consultancy, Banking, Finance, Automotive, and Healthcare. Most batches have more male than female students.
Placement Assistance & Job Prospects
The institution’s placement cells conduct mock interviews and train students in CV/resume preparation. It has also partnered with several recruitment partners including banks, hospitals, consultancy firms, automotive firms, and family businesses. A majority of Data Science graduates get placement by the time they graduate with an average entry salary of Rs. 9 Lakhs annually.
Accreditation and Ranking for GOA Institute of Management
PGDM in Big Data Analytics programme is approved by AICTE. The institution is also recognized by UGC, Government of India and NIRF ranks it among the best institutions in India.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: How good is GIM for PGDM in Big Data Analytics?
Ans: The programme is worth the investment. It incorporates a dynamic curriculum that integrates current and emerging issues in data science and management. Additionally, the programme is accredited by AICTE and the institution is UGC-accredited.
Q2: Does GIM guarantee a job after completing a PGDM in Data Analytics programme?
Ans: No, this is not job-secured training programming. However, the institution offers placement assistance to students. It has partnered with organizations that offer job opportunities to qualifying students. A majority of the students get placement in local and international organizations.
If you have any questions, please ask us here – we answer every single query of students.
GIM Post-graduate Diploma In Management Quora
GIM is one of the renowned institutions in India. It offers various programmes and draws a lot of discussion on Quora. Its PGDM in Big Data Analytics is one of the best IT/Data Science programmes in India. This article gives you all the details you need about the programme, including admission protocols, eligibility, and fee structure.
- Official Website: https://www.gim.ac.in/
- State: Sanquelim, Poriem, Goa
- Prospectus: You can click here for the prospectus link.
Other Courses Offered at Goa Institute of Management
|Other Courses Offered at GIM||Type & Duration|
|PGDM (BFSI)||Full-time for 2 years|
|PGDM (HCM)||2 years Full-time|
Other Articles You Might Like
Image Credit: Jonathan Francisca