GITAM University Distance MBA Program
- Courses Available
- Fee Structure
- Accreditation Status
- How to Apply?
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- Distance MBA – Free Guidance Available!
- Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management is a deemed to be university established in 1980.
- The school was conferred with the status of a Deemed University in 2007.
- It was the first private engineering institute in Andhra Pradesh to receive the university status.
- Its main campus at Visakhapatnam spreads over 250 acres.
- Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management has three campuses at Visakhapatnam, Hyderabad, and Bengaluru.
- The university offers 109 programs at undergraduate, postgraduate and Doctoral levels in Technology, Pharmacy, Science, Management, International Business, Architecture, and Law.
Types of Courses Offered
GITAM’s distance program is run by the Center for Distance Learning (CDL). CDL offers the following MBA courses:
- Master of Business Administration (General)
- MBA Human Resource
- The period of study for both MBA courses is two years (four semesters).
- The eligibility criteria for MBA at GITAM University is a bachelor’s degree from GITAM University or any recognized University, apart from BFA & BOL.
- Applicants who possess professional qualification such as BE, B.Tech., B.Pharm, Medicine, Law, CA, ICWA, AIETE, ACS, AMIE, etc., can also apply.
- The total fee payable for the MBA program is Rs. 53,800 (Rs. 14,200 for the first semester and Rs. 13,200 per semester for the remaining three semesters)
GITAM University Accreditation Proof
GITAM is currently not accredited by UGC. However, here’s the screenshot of its previous accreditation:
- Candidates can apply to GITAM University either online or offline.
- Those who wish to apply to the school can download the prospectus and application form from its website at http://cdl.gitam.edu or any of the study centers.
- After completing the application form, candidates should send it alongside a demand draft to the tune of Rs. 200 to the Director, Centre for Distance Learning, Gitam University 3rd floor, Balaji Metro Plaza, Dondaparthi Main Road, Visakhapatnam-530016.
- Applicants can also visit the school’s main campus to print and complete the form offline.
- For more information, Free Admission Help Available
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: Is it a must to appear at an examination before I will be considered eligible for admission at GITAM University?
Ans: Yes. Candidates must appear at the GAT examination conducted by GITAM University before they will be considered eligible. Admissions into the MBA program are given on the basis of the rank obtained at the exam.
- Q2: Does GITAM University award Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) to MBA candidates?
Ans: Yes. Candidates are awarded PGDM after they have successfully completed the first and second semesters for the course. MBA (General or HRM) is also awarded upon the completion of the entire program (after 4 semesters), depending on the course enrolled for.
- Q3: What test scores does GIM accept for Admissions?
Ans: GIM uses CAT/XAT/MAT/GMAT/GOT(GIM ONLINE Test) scores for MBA/MHRM/MBA(CMU) and UGAT/GAT/GOT for BBM/IMBA.
- Q4: Where can I obtain the Application Form?
Ans: The online form is available at www.gitam.edu. Hard copies are available at 1) GIM, GITAM Campus, Vizag, 2) CDL, GITAM, Dodaparthi, Vizag, and 3) GITAM City Office, Khairatabad, Hyderabad.
- Q5: How to prepare TEST for admission into BBM and MBA(Integrated)?
Ans: The test will be similar to the UGAT test conducted by AIMA. UGAT Test preparation books are available in reputed book stores.
- Q6: Does GITAM university has its own entrance test?
Ans: For all the programmes, the merit list is prepared based on the candidate’s performance in Group-discussion, Personal interview, and scores secured in CAT/XAT/MAT/GMAT. Alternatively, GIM conducts GOT (GITAM ONLINE TEST) for those who do not have one mentioned here.
- Q7: Is the university recognized by UGC?
Ans: Yes, the university is accredited by both UGC and the Distance Education Bureau.
- Q8: Will I be required to pay a recognition fee before admission to the distance MBA?
Ans: Candidates presenting a certificate of qualifying exam from other universities besides GITAM will be required to pay a recognition fee of Rs 500.
- Q9: Where exactly will I get the institution’s prospectus?
Ans: Interested candidates can access the prospectus from the institution’s official website.
- Q10: How much is the examination fee for the distance MBA program?
Ans: Students can pay Rs 1200 per semester for all the examinations or Rs 250 per paper/per course.
- Q11: What is the acceptable procedure when applying for examinations?
Ans: Students are required to obtain examination application forms from the Directorate of Distance Education, GITAM University, fill all the details, and pay the required fees within the stipulated deadline.
- Q12: How do I pay for examination fees and course fees?
Ans: Students are required to include a demand draft in favor of the Directorate of Distance Education, GITAM University and payable at Visakhapatnam. Additionally, students can use online payment methods including Net Banking, Credit Cards, and Debit Cards
- Q13: Does the university provide the students with a chance to better their grades?
Ans: Yes, students who are dissatisfied with their performance can apply for an attempt to better their grades upon payment of a betterment fee of Rs 1500.
- Q14: Can I cancel my admission if I am no longer interested in distance MBA?
Ans: Yes, students are allowed to cancel their admission following the laid-down procedure.
- Q15: What is the reservation policy for GITAM University?
Ans: ST/SC/PwD candidates have reserved seats especially when the program has limited seats. Also, these students get fee concessions if they provide all the required documents to prove their case.
- Q16: Can I send my original documents by post for verification?
Ans: No, never send your original documents by post since it would be insecure. Instead, present the documents physically for verification.
- Address: Centre for Distance Learning, Gandhi Nagar,
- Rushikonda Visakhapatnam-530045, Andhra Pradesh
- Telephone: 0891-2866455, 2866466, 2797499, 2796499
- Mobile: 8179681900
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: cdl.gitam.edu, http://www.gitam.edu/
Other Related Posts for Students
- Manonmaniam Sundaranar University Distance MBA
- Patna University Distance MBA
- Maharishi Dayanand Distance MBA
- Bhagwant University Distance MBA
- NIMS University Distance MBA
- Distance MBA – Complete Guide