Top Government Funded Data Science Courses in India
|Government Funded Data Science Courses||Details (INR)|
|NIELIT||40,000 + GST at actuals|
|Indiaai||Available upon request|
|IGMPI||1,10,000 for regular mode (part time)|
|NPTI||18,000 plus GST|
|Other Popular Data Science Courses|
|IISc||20,200 per annum|
|IIM Ahmedabad||10,00,000/- (Including all applicable taxes)|
|Admission Help||Click here|
Quick Links for Reference
Other Popular Data Science Courses
The Government of India has invested in data science and IT under the Ministry of Human Resource Development and the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology. The investment is aimed at bridging the data science skills gap in India. If you enroll in a data science programme, you will be guaranteed of prospering in the high-paying sector. Here are some popular government funded data science courses in India:
Data Science Course By Government of India
- Introduction: The National Institute of Electronics & Information Technology (NIELIT). It is an autonomous body of the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology, Government of India. It offers training, research & development, and IT consultancy services.
- Courses Offered: Advanced Diploma in Big Data Analytics
- Courses Objective: This programme aims at enabling participants to identify and apply the appropriate tools & techniques to analyze data and solve problems. It introduces them to tools such as Python, R, and Excel.
- Fees: 40,000 + GST at actuals
- Duration: 16 weeks
- Accreditations: The institution is recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt of India.
- Introduction: Indiaai is a hub for Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Tech-based research. It was established by the Ministry of Electronics & IT, NASSCOM, and the National e-Governance Division. It was inaugurated in 2020 and it serves as the central resource centre for AI matters in India and beyond.
- Courses Offered: AI and Big Data Analytics
- Courses Objective: This is a highly immersive programme that enables participants to interact with industry experts and collaborate with organizations on AI and Tech research. The training involves seminars, projects, and case studies.
- Fees: Available upon request
- Duration: 1 year
- Accreditations: Recognised by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India.
- Introduction: Institute of Good Manufacturing Practices India (IGMPI) is a non-profit society registered under the Societies Registration Act of 1860. It is recognized by the Ministry of Commerce & Industry as well as the Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion, Government of India.
- Courses Offered: Post Graduate Diploma in Big Data Analytics
- Courses Objective: The programme trains professionals on how to integrate technology into their operations. It imparts skills in data analysis, presentation, and interpretation, thus enhancing their decision-making processes.
- Fees: Rs 35,000 for distance & online mode or Rs. 1,10,000 for regular mode (part time)
- Duration: A minimum of 1 year and a maximum of 2 years.
- Accreditations: The institution is accredited by the Vocational Institution of Ministry of HRD, Government of India, and the Institute of Food Safety and Standards Authority of India.
- Introduction: National Power Training Institute (NPTI) is a national apex body that specializes in training in the power sector. It was established under the Gazette of India, 1993. It has several short courses in technology, data science, and data analytics for professionals.
- Courses Offered: Big Data Analytics and Data Science Training
- Courses Objective: This is a short certification programme that aims at imparting data analytics skills to professionals in different sectors. It covers the basics of descriptive analytics, predictive analytics, machine learning, and data management.
- Fees: Rs. 18,000 plus GST for Utilities and Rs. 10,000 plus GST for Research Scholars
- Duration: 5 days
- Accreditations: ISO 9001:2015 and 14001:2015 Certified
Other Popular Courses
1. IIIT Bangalore
- Introduction: IIIT Bangalore is a deemed university established in 1999. It focuses on research and innovation. The institution is registered as a not-for-profit society and is funded by the IT industry in conjunction with the Government of Karnataka.
- Courses Offered: Executive PG Program in Data Science
- Courses Objective: This is a flexible programme that targets working professionals (has part-time and online options). It equips participants with skills to use programming languages & tools to upgrade their data-making process. Some common tools used include Python, Tableau, MySQL, Hive, Excel, Power BI, and MongoDB.
- Fees: INR 3,71,448
- Duration: 12 months
- Accreditations: Approved by AICTE and UGC-accredited
2. Indian Institute of Science
- Introduction: Indian Institute of Science (IISc) was established in 1909. It was granted the “Deemed to be University” status in 1958. In 2018, the institution was awarded the “Institute of Eminence Status.” It specializes in research and development in science, design, and management.
- Courses Offered: M.Tech in Data Science and Machine Learning
- Courses Objective: This programme includes both theoretical and practical pedagogical approaches. Participants learn data analytics techniques through immersive lessons, projects, and internships.
- Fees: Rs. 20,200 per annum
- Duration: 2 years
- Accreditations: The institute is recognized by UGC and AICTE. It is ranked among the top research and technology institutes in India by NIRF.
3. Indian Statistical Institute Delhi
- Introduction: ISI is a statistical institute that was founded in Kolkata in 1931. It is recognized as an Institution of National Importance by the Government of India. It boasts of having some of the leading statisticians, economists, and mathematicians as part of its faculty.
- Courses Offered: Certification Program on Business Analytics, Data Mining and Operations Research
- Courses Objective: This is an online programme that offers hands-on training that prepares participants to use data analytics to make science-based decisions. It trains them to identify business opportunities, evaluate risks, and generate insights that ease business operations.
- Fees: Rs 53,100/-
- Duration: 16 days
- Accreditations: The institute is recognized by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
4. IIM Ahmedabad
- Introduction: IIM Ahmedabad is a business institution that was established in 1961. It is recognized as an Institute of National Importance. It offers various business and research courses ranging from diploma to postgraduate programmes.
- Courses Offered: ePost Graduate Diploma in Advanced Business Analytics (ePGD-ABA)
- Courses Objective: This is an executive programme that targets working professionals in managerial roles. It aims at encouraging data-driven decision-making processes by incorporating data analytics skills and techniques.
- Fees: INR 10,00,000/- (Including all applicable taxes)
- Duration: 16 months delivered through a mix of online and on-campus sessions.
- Accreditations: The institute is recognized by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, the Government of India, and UGC. NIRF ranked it among the top business institutions in India, 2020.
5. IIM Calcutta
- Introduction: IIM Calcutta is a public business institution located in Kolkata, West Bengal. It is among the oldest institutions in India and is recognized as an Institute of National Importance by the Government of India. It has a state-of-the-art infrastructure ideal for research and development.
- Courses Offered: Post Graduate Diploma in Business Analytics
- Courses Objective: This programme incorporates data analytics to enable business managers to make science-based decisions. It trains participants on the basics of using data analytic tools and techniques to get operations insights.
- Fees: Rs. 2,400,000
- Duration: 2 years (full-time residential programme)
- Accreditations: IIM Calcutta is the only Triple-Accredited business institution in India. It is also part of the CEMS Global Alliance in Management Education.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: What is the syllabus of data science?
Ans: Data science aims at training students to become data experts. Participants cover the basics of computer science, communication skills, and presentation skills in their introductory year/semester.
They are then introduced to advanced data analytics techniques & approaches, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, and Deep Learning. The statistical tools used include Hadoop, Python, SAS, MySQL, R, and Excel.
Q2: Can a data scientist get a government job?
Ans: Yes, the government handles large volumes of data. As such, it needs a data expert to help in policy formulation. If you want to become a government data scientist, we recommend that you undertake many certification programmes.
The position is highly competitive, and you will need more than two years of work experience and proof of performance.
Data Science Courses by Government of India Quora
Data science-related courses are becoming popular in India due to their high demand in the job market. As a result, interested individuals are looking up information that can help them acquire the best skills in data analysis and interpretation.
This article offers a complete analysis of the best data science courses by the government of India.
If you have any questions, please ask us here – we answer every single query of students.
Other Articles You Might Like
- Best Data Science Courses in Pune
- Data Science Courses in Kerala
- Top 10 Data Science and Analytics Colleges in Chennai
- Best 10 Data Science Colleges in Delhi
- Best Data Science and Analytics Colleges in Bangalore
Image Credit: Sikandar Ali