Himachal Pradesh Distance MBA Program
- Courses Available
- Fee Structure
- Accreditation Status
- How to Apply?
- Availability of Application Form
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- Distance MBA – Free Guidance Available!
- The Himachal Pradesh MBA program offers students a chance to develop their skills in creativity and innovativeness. The alumni of the Himachal Pradesh MBA program excel in the business market as entrepreneurs and managers.
- You will get to study in Summer hill which is situated just a few kilometers away from Shimla.
- A good number of students studying at Himachal are originally from foreign countries (mostly middle eastern countries). So you will get to study in a diverse environment and this will help you learn to cooperate with different people.
- You will get to be a part of a wide network of supportive alumni who share their knowledge to help you gain a better perspective of how the business market works.
- You will be studying in the central art state and will get to learn from some of the most experienced professors.
List of Courses Offered
Following is a list of some of the courses being offered in the MBA program:
- Management Process and Organisational Behaviour
- Management Science – I
- Managerial Economics
- Financial Management
- Management Science – II
- Human Resource Management
- Business Environment.
- Indian Ethos and Values
- Organizational Effectiveness, Change, and Organisational Development
- Accounting for Managers
- The entire MBA program is targeted to be completed within a time period of 2 years. But some students take about 3-4 years to complete their MBA degree.
- Students are required to hold a bachelor’s degree in any discipline with a minimum percentage of 50%.
- The age limit for male students is 26 years and for female students, it is 28 years.
- Students with a bachelor’s degree from an internationally recognized institution are accepted.
- All students must provide a test score in XAT/MAT/CAT/GMAT.
The fee for subsidized students is mentioned below:
- Boys have to pay a total of INR 19,450 for the tuition provided during the entire MBA program.
- Girls have to pay a total of INR 14,650 for the tuition provided during the entire MBA program.
Students who don’t fall in the category of subsidized have to pay an additional fee of INR 1,000 per academic year.
Himachal Pradesh University Accreditation
- Himachal Pradesh University is accredited by the official University Grants Commission of India.
How to Take Admission
- A fee of INR 1,000 is required to be submitted by all applicants.
- You can download their admission form on this site.
Start Your Admission Now
Start Your Admission Now
- These 3 documents are required to be submitted along with your application; HPU MAT Admit Card, HPU MAT Exam Pattern, and HPU CMAT Result.
- You can also apply through their official website.
- After your application has been submitted, you will be then contacted by the official Himachal team.
Availability of Application Form
- You can simply visit the campus and hand in your application form.
- You can also apply online here.
- The faculty of the Himachal Pradesh MBA program is very supportive and your teachers will provide assistance for all projects.
- Email support is provided to students.
- Distance learning MBA program is also available. The university will provide you with the study material for all semesters.
After Course Placements
- The graduates of the MBA program are being hired every year by big companies such as SmartData, IGate, Think And Learn, TCS and many more.
Our Own Understanding and Review
- The Himachal Pradesh MBA program is managed by professionals who have only one goal in mind and that’s helping their students achieve success in their specific fields of business.
- The university is an old foundation and they have developed a great learning environment and a stable system for students. The tuition fee for the MBA program is also quite reasonable.
- The faculty is supportive throughout the MBA program and they will help you get a better understanding of the complex business market.
- Overall, the MBA program is best suited for beginners who want to learn the ins and outs of the business world.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: Where is the Himachal Pradesh University situated?
Ans. The Himachal Pradesh University is situated in Summer Hill which is located near the beautiful and historic city of Shimla.
- Q2: Does the Himachal Pradesh University accept a GMAT score?
Ans. Yes, the Himachal Pradesh University accepts a GMAT score.
- Q3: Does the Himachal Pradesh University accept a CAT score?
Ans. Yes, the Himachal Pradesh university accepts a score in CAT.
- Q4: Is there a minimum requirement for the CAT or GMAT?
Ans. No, there is no minimum score requirement for CAT or GMAT.
- Q5: When will the next HPU entrance test be held?
Ans. The next HPU entrance test is planned to be held in the last week of June.
- Q6: How many students fall into the subsidized category each year?
Ans. The ratio for subsidized to unsubsidized is 1:1 which means that an equal number of students fall in the category of subsidized and unsubsidized.
- Q7: Where can I obtain the prospectus and the application form?
Ans: Both the prospectus and the admission forms are available on the institution’s official website. Candidates are required to download it and accurately fill all the details required before submitting it.
- Q8: Must I have a student portal to register for a distance MBA at Himachal Pradesh?
Ans: Yes, candidates are required to login to their portal and submit all the registration details required.
- Q9: Will I be required to undertake an entrance exam before admission?
Ans: Yes, distance MBA candidates must undertake an entrance exam conducted by the university.
- Q10: I wrongly deposited excess fees in the university’s account. Can I get a refund?
Ans: Yes, excess fees paid will be refunded. However, the candidate is required to follow the university’s guidelines to complete the process successfully.
- Q11: Are the personal contact sessions mandatory for distance MBA students?
Ans: Yes, all candidates are required to attend the PCP sessions. PCP sessions have a maximum of 60 contact hours where the students interact with experts in their field of study.
- Q12: Does the university offer placement services for distance MBA students?
Ans: Yes, the majority of distance MBA students are placed in different local and international organizations. They are required to join a placement cell where they will be linked with potential employers.
- Q13: Can I get a provisional admission as I wait for my original graduation certificate?
Ans: Yes, candidates will get a provisional admission as long as they pay the school fees in full. However, they must submit all the required documents within the stipulated timelines failure to which the admission will be revoked.
- Q14: Can I get help in paying the school fees for Himachal Pradesh Distance MBA?
Ans: No, the institution does not offer scholarships to students undertaking distance courses.
- Q15: What happens when I fail one of the courses? Will I be allowed to register for the next semester?
Ans: Yes, candidates who pass more than 50% of the courses can register for the following semester. However, they are required to register for a retake.
- Q16: What communication channels are available between the students and the instructors?
Ans: Students can reach their instructors through internal messaging services, calls, emails, and other chat platforms. Also, the lecturers engage in the student during the PCP sessions.
- Summer Hill, Shimla,
- Himachal Pradesh – 171005
- Ph. No. : 0177-2831653
- Fax: 0177-2830938
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.hpubsshimla.org
Other Articles You Might Like
- NIBS Distance Education
- IASE University Distance Learning
- Nalanda Open University Distance Education
- Top 10 Best Distance MBA in India
- Executive vs Part-Time vs Distance MBA
- Distance MBA – Start Here
Image Credit: Dominic Blignaut