ICFAI University Correspondence MBA
ICFAI University, Tripura was established in 2004 through an Act of State Legislature (Tripura Act 8 of 2004) and has been approved by the University Grants Commission, under Section 2(f) of the UGC Act, 1956.
ICFAI is one of the most recognized and sought after private universities empowering quality education in many a field. Established in 1984, the ICFAI group strives to provide world leading education with a pan-India network. It has introduced a chain of Indian Business Schools (IBS) operating in India since 1995.
ICFAI group offers three major modes – the Flexible Learning Program (Distance Mode), ICFAI Business School, and the ICFAI University.
The learning curve covers almost all major professional topics followed by development of agricultural economics, banking, health policies, intellectual property right, and environmental sustainability.
Today’s growing field of business administration requires one to have sharp focus, better credentials, more confidence, and moral values – all of which are taught and inspired by the courses that the University provides.
The ICFAI group has three campi located in Uttrakhand, Tripura, and Telangana – of which Uttrakhand and Tripura campi have granted the university status.
- The ICFAI University, Tripura, Kamalghat, Agartala – 799210www.iudehradun.edu.in Ph: 0381-2865752/62, +918415952506
- The ICFAI University, Dehradun , Rajwala Road, Dehradun – 248197 ,Ph: 0135-3003009
- The IFHE Hyderabad , IFHE Campus, Donthanapally, Shankarapalli Road, Hyderabad – 501203 ,Ph: +918417236660/61/62
The Flexible Learning Programme (distance learning) is a two-year programme (can be extended to four years based on merits, and a de-novo fee has to be paid) that offers ample understanding and information of all the facets of business administration. The Programme also includes case studies to enrich one’s skills.
Details of Distance MBA Courses
- Duration: 2 years
- Maximum duration to complete course: 4 years. Extension of validity period is possible based on merits. In such case, a de-novo fee as applicable has to be paid by the student.
- Eligibility Criteria: Graduates (any discipline)
- Medium: English
- Specializations offered
- Strategic Finance
- Risk Management
- Global Markets
- Investment Management
- Innovation Management
- International Business
- Healthcare Management
- Hospital Administration
- Pharma Management
- Telecom Management
- Retail Management
- IT & Systems
Fees for ICFAI distance programs
The fees of this program can be paid through 2 options:
- Module wise payment (4 modules in total): INR 25,000 (as of 2017)
- Complete course fee payment: INR 65,000 (as of 2017)
Fees can be paid either through demand draft or Credit Card (VISA or MasterCard only).
How to apply and accreditation
Students can enroll themselves 4 times a year namely- January, April, July, and October.
Distance Learning Curriculum
- Self-study aspect: The ICFAI University offers prearranged study material as well as a comprehensive study plan particularly premeditated for the programs and destined for self – study.
- Contact classes: The contact classes comprise a significant phase in the erudition method by facilitating the learners to expand a profound understanding of the topics. They offer a prospect to elucidate any qualms in the relevant subjects and consequently arrange them well for the assessment.
- Examination: The examinations are in the form of Computer Based Test (CBT).The Computer Based Tests are held at test centers, as designated on the mentioned website.
The students and parents are advised to take care that they take admission in approved programmes institutions only.
It is also advised that before taking admission kindly go through the terms and conditions as given in the recognition letter and also various notices issued by UGC, regarding territorial jurisdiction of universities including establishment of examination centres, study centres/ off campuses, online courses & technical/professional courses, which are uploaded on UGC website.
Placement and Review
There is no placement assistance facility for Distance learning. However, MBA from ICFAI University has a good brand value and acceptance in the market.
In terms of it’s reputation, its quite better as compared to a lot of other MBA option in India. Given the fact that its main MBA program is also quite popular, the brand name is not that unheard of in the market.
If students are looking at just getting a diploma/certificate on their CV/profile, it can be a decent option to purse but you should expect any job offers or placement help just because you have completed the distance mba from ICFAI. That might be difficult, just like any other distance learning course.
Certification from ICFAI
The mentioned Degrees are given by the ICFAI University to the triumphant students:
|Certification||After completion of|
|Certificate in Business Basics||Module I|
|Diploma in Management||Modules I & II|
|PG Diploma in HR/Finance/ Marketing||Modules I, II & III|
|MBA Degree||All 4 Modules|
- Distance MBA over conventional one?
Ans: Distance MBA is easier in terms of the flexibility it provides to you. However, you should ensure that you take the program seriously just as you would a conventional program. Make sure that you study throughout the year rather than rushing before exams and submit all your assignments on time. One of the biggest advantage of distance MBA , i.e., no fixed schedule can turn out to be its biggest disadvantage for you if you are not self-disciplined and focussed.
- Will I need to take classes once I enroll for distance MBA at ICFAI?
Ans: Self-study is very much important and this particular programme is particularly based on self-study, although counselling classes are also organised. The University provides the requisite study materials.
Optional training classes are also provided, which cost approx Rs 12,000/- extra.
- How and when are exams held?
Ans: The exams are Computer Based Test (CBT) and held at test centers, the details of which will be available at the official website of ICFAI for every program. Every year, exams are scheduled in April, July, October, and January. Students can choose centers as per their own convenience.
4. Can I take more than two years to complete the course?
Ans: Yes, you can. A maximum of 4 years’ time is given to complete all the four modules. Most of the students take 3 years to complete the course. However, you do require to take 2 modules in a year.
- What is the placement scenario?
Ans: ICFAI has a tie up with HR Alchemist where it is assured that after successful completion of the course you will be placed with a monthly salary of Rs 21000/-. To avail the perks of this scheme, you need to get registered, which costs around Rs 3500/-
Contact Information for ICFAI Headquarter
Distance Learning Program,
The ICFAI University, Tripura,
Kamalghat, Mohanpur, Agartala, Tripura
If you liked this article, you may also find these options:
- IGNOU distance education MBA
- XLRI distance programs
- IIM Distance Education
- Top 10 MBA Programs In India
- Are you interested in MBA? Find out the basics of it – Why MBA?
- IMT Ghaziabad Distance MBA