IFMR Graduate School of Business (IFMR) MBA
- Courses and Duration
- How To Apply?
- Accreditation Status
- Fee Structure
- Placement Details
- Expected Salary
- Contact Details
- Related Post
- Free Admission Guidance Available!
- IFMR Graduate School of Business, KREA University was established in 1970. It started as a non-profit organization sponsored by ICICI bank and other industrial organizations.
- In 2012, the institution relocated to Sri City, an industrial hub near Chennai. It is spread across 40 acres which provide an ideal learning environment for all students.
- The institution offers an MBA which is designed to equip students to handle the dynamism characterizing business environments globally.
- It is approved by AICTE.
Course and Duration
- It is a full-time MBA program designed to provide quality management studies. It covers 22 core courses and 55 elective courses.
- All students must take the core courses during the first year of study to lay the basic foundation of management studies.
- In the second year of study, students are required to specialize in a maximum of 2 areas of interest. Areas of specialization include Data Sciences, Financial Services & Insurance, Banking, Quantitative Finance, and Economics.
- The curriculum emphasizes emerging trends in management to guarantee well-rounded graduates.
- Lecturers use modern teaching techniques including the use of digital platforms, seminars, conferences, guest lectures, assignments, group discussions, and continuous assessment tests.
- The institution facilitates an exchange program to enable the students to understand the international business environment.
- All students must go for a two-month internship program in an institution whose core business revolves around the student’s areas of specialization.
- Students must undertake a research project on a topic derived from their areas of specialization. The student must research on a problem affecting the field and recommend workable solutions.
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in any field from a university recognized by UGC or the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
- Candidates from Open and Distance Learning (ODL) are also eligible to apply. However, their academic qualifications must be approved by UGC and authenticated by the admission office.
- Candidates must have scored at least 50% (45% for SC/ST/PWD) aggregate marks or an equivalent CGPA in an undergraduate program of not less than 3 academic years.
- All prospective candidates must provide a valid scorecard for CAT, GMAT, XAT, or GRE.
- Students in the final year of undergraduate studies are eligible. However, they must provide a valid scorecard for the latest exam.
- In case of admission, such candidates must provide a valid certificate or score sheet to prove that they have met all undergraduate requirements before registration.
- Work experience is a plus but not mandatory.
- All prospective candidates must apply for an MBA before the deadline. During the application, they must upload their certificates, scorecards, and any other documents as requested by the admission panel.
- Candidates must apply online through the institution’s application portal. A non-refundable application fee of INR 1,500/- is required before the application can be processed.
Start Your Admission Now
Start Your Admission Now
- Once the application forms are received, the admission panel selects the candidates that meet the basic eligibility requirements. The selection is based on the CAT, GMAT, CMAT, or XAT scorecards.
- Shortlisted candidates are invited for a Written Ability Test (WAT), Personal Interview (PI), and Group Discussions (GD).
- Each interview stage is assessed and marks awarded to each candidate.
- Candidates with the highest aggregate score are admitted. However, the admission panel also considers work experience, extra-curricular activities, and past academic achievements.
- Qualified candidates are informed through the addresses provided during the application process. They are required to accept the offer within the stipulated timelines failure to which it can be revoked.
- Ranked 34th best management school in India by National Institutional Ranking Framework, 2018.
- The total fee for the MBA program is Rs 12 lakhs. It covers an examination, library membership, IT charges, learning materials, and tuition.
- The fee does not cover laptop fees. Students are required to bring their laptop on the registration day.
- The fee is payable in installments (admission fee & refundable caution money- Rs 3, 50, 000, second installment- Rs 5,00, 000/-, and the third installment of Rs 4, 00, 000/-.
- All students living within the institute are required to pay an approximately Rs 1, 20, 000/- boarding and lodging fee per annum.
- The institution offers scholarship opportunities for intelligent and needy students.
- IFMR Graduate School of Business achieves 100% placement success. All MBA students are placed in reputable organizations from different industry verticals.
- The highest local remuneration is approximately Rs 18.8 Lakhs annually. International organizations offer up to Rs 25 Lakhs annually.
- The average placement salary for MBA graduates is approximately 8.8 lakhs annually.
- Approximately 50 companies participate in the exercise each summer. They include HDFC bank, CITI bank, YES Bank, Deloitte, Radio City, and Federal Bank .
- MBA graduates get introductory salaries ranging between Rs 7 lakhs and Rs 25 lakhs annually.
- Highest-paid graduates earn an approximate salary of Rs 20 Lakhs annually.
- The average pay for the graduates is Rs 12 Lakhs annually with the potential of rising to Rs 20 lakhs annually after a few years in their professional lives.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: Does an MBA program guarantee a job?
Ans: An MBA program provides you with the leadership skills needed in every industry. As such, MBA graduates are in high demand.
- Q2: What hostels options will I have at IFMR GSB?
Ans: All the hostels are situated within the school compound. You will have the option of living in a single room or a shared room (single rooms are more expensive).
- Q3: What language is used during the interviews?
Ans: The medium of instruction in IFMR GSB is English. If you do not understand English, then you must undertake English lessons and present the results of the TOEFL test.
- Q4: How long after the interview will I wait to know the status of my application?
Ans: 1-3 weeks depending on the number of applications received.
- Q5: Can I pay the application fee in installments?
Ans: No, you can only submit the application form after the full payment of the application fee.
If you have any questions regarding the institution’s MBA, kindly feel free to inquire through the address below:
- IFMR Graduate School of Business, KREA University, Sri City
- MBA Admissions – IFMR GSB
- 044 – 7165 0123 | 93601 34757
- 93601 34758
- Email: [email protected]
- You can also visit the institution’s official website https://krea.edu.in/ for in-depth information about the institution and other programs it offers.
Other Articles You Might Like
- Alliance School of Business MBA
- Anna University MBA Program
- Xavier University Bhubaneswar MBA
- IMI Kolkata MBA Program
- VIT Vellore MBA Program
Image Credit: Nikunj Gupta