IGNOU Correspondance MBA -Review, Fee, and Eligibility
- Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) School of Management Studies (SOMS) provides students across the world access to its distance learning MBA education program.
- The Correspondence MBA school of IGNOU became operational for admission in the year 1987. At that time, it used to award just one pilot program – i.e. Diploma in distance learning MBA education. It has now evolved into offering more than 10 programs comprising of 50 courses or more for students.
- Not only does it cater to education in India, but also in Africa. In terms of scale, IGNOU MBA has a vast presence and one of the highest number of students across the globe.
- It is a Central University.
Courses at IGNOU
- Master’s Degree
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Doctoral Degree
- Doctor of Philosophy in Management (PhD (M))
- PG and Advance Diploma
- Postgraduate Diploma in Management (PGDIM)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Financial Management (PGDFM)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resource Management (PGDHRM)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Operations Management (PGDOM)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing Management (PGDMM)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Financial Markets Practice (PGDFMP)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Teaching and Research in Management (PGDTRM)
- Diploma in Management (DIM)
- Certificate in Entrepreneurship (CIE)
- Certificate in NGO Management (CNM)
- Note that even though a lot of postgraduate programs are being offered by IGNOU, only one course is actually the real MBA degree. Students can opt for other IGNOU courses which are in the postgraduate domain, however,one should note that technically, these are not equivalent to the normal MBA.
Details of Course
- Duration: 2.5 years
- Maximum duration to complete course: 8 years
- Eligibility Criteria:
- Graduation in any discipline with 50% marks for general category and 45% for the reserved category with 3 years managerial/supervisory/professional experience OR
- Professional Degree with 50% marks in Engineering/ Medicine/ Chartered Accountancy (ICAI)/ Cost and Works Accountancy(ICWAI)/ Chartered Secretaryship (ICSI), and Law
- Clear OPENMAT conducted by IGNOU.
- There is no age bar
- Medium: English
- Specializations offered
- Financial Management
- Marketing Management
- Human Resource Management
- Operations Management
- Financial Markets Practice
Fee for the course
- The fees to pursue MBA course is INR 31,500 (as of the year 2017).
IGNOU University Accreditation Proof
Other Pertinent Information Regarding IGNOU course
The MBA course consists of 21 courses in total. These courses combine PGDIM, specialization courses, compulsory courses and project courses. It is very important that students should only opt for the courses which are available during that particular year. The courses within each keep changing every year and it may lead to complications at a later stage.
Open is the test conducted by IGNOU before you can start with your MBA education. It’s not that tough a paper but you may want to prepare for it sincerely. There are not that many books on this topic but here is one book you can refer.
The exam consists of four sections:
- Mathematics or Quant – 50 questions
- English – 50 questions
- Reasoning – 70 questions
- General awareness – 30 questions
Total Questions – 200 and time for solving the paper is 180 minutes, The Openmat test form can be downloaded here – Link.
- Download Openmat previous year paper over here. Enjoy 🙂
How to apply
- For students who want to make it to the IGNOU MBA course, there is an entrance test which needs to be cleared first. If a student has taken any national level aptitude test for MBA such as CAT, then he might be exempted based on a certain level of marks. These may be determined each year depending on the proclivity of the IGNOU authorities.
- Free Admission Help Available
Frequently Asked Questions
- Should I prefer IGNOU Distance MBA over the regular MBA Program?
- Totally depends on your situation. If you believe that it would be difficult for you to follow a fixed schedule of MBA, then a Distance MBA program would be a good option for you as it provides you great flexibility.
- What is the duration of the IGNOU Distance MBA Program?
- Its normal duration in 2.5 years. The maximum duration to complete this program is 8 years.
- What is the placement scenario at IGNOU?
- In order to be a part of IGNOU MBA course, you should pass an entrance test. If a student has taken any national level aptitude test for MBA such as CAT, then he might be exempted based on a certain level of marks.
- What is the eligibility criteria of IGNOU Distance MBA Program?
- You should have professional graduation degree with 50% marks for general category and 45% for the reserved category with 3 years managerial/supervisory/professional experience. Besides that, you should clear OPENMAT conducted by IGNOU.
- What is the maximum age limit for this MBA program?
- There is no age bar for the IGNOU Distance MBA Program. Everyone can enroll in this program without any age restrictions.
- School of Management Studies,
Indira Gandhi National Open University,
Maidan Garhi, New Delhi – 110068
Other Related Posts
If you like this post on IGNOU distance MBA, you might also like to take a look at some of our other articles.
- IIM Distance Education
- XLRI Distance Programs
- Symbiosis Distance MBA
- Top 10 Distance MBA Colleges
- Cheapest Distance MBA Colleges
Get an Overview of IGNOU Distance MBA Program
Some of the more relevant questions that the student seeks answer to before doing an MBA are
- Why pursue an MBA?
- How can students solve questions past?