IIM Ahmedabad MBA Program
- Courses and Duration
- Admission Process
- Accreditation Status
- Fee Structure
- Expected Salary
- Contact Details
- Related Post
- Free Admission Guidance Available!
- IIM Ahmedabad was established in 1961 and it has grown to become a reputable institute of management in India. It offers a myriad of managerial courses that are tailor-made to impact the global business environment positively
- Admission to the college is based on merit. It admits students of different nationalities, races, and religious beliefs as long as they meet the admission criteria.
- The institute is ranked 49th in the world by the QS Global 250 MBA rankings of 2018. Also, it received convocation in 2019 which enables it to offer an MBA as opposed to the diploma.
Details about IIM Ahmedabad MBA Program
The IIM Ahmedabad MBA takes 2 years to complete. During this period, the students undergo intensive training to enable them to handle business challenges effectively.
The students have the opportunity to specialize with any of the following:
- Finance and Accounting
- Human Resource Management
The specialization helps the students to perfect their skills in a specific subject thus guaranteeing unmatched expertise by the end of the course.
Eligibility for an MBA in IIM Ahmedabad
Do you want to study MBA in IIM Ahmedabad? Well, you’ll need to counter check your eligibility by confirming the following:
- Must possess a bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution
- Should have a minimum of 50% score in your final year. However, there are reserved category students who are required to have a minimum score of 45%
- Must pass the CAT and the GMAT tests
IIM Ahmedabad targets students with the potential to provide solutions to various business problems arising from the dynamism of the sector. As such, the recruitment process is rigorous and it involves the following steps:
- Acquire the required CAT score
- The candidates who pass the CAT are shortlisted and invited for a written ability test as well as personal interview
Start Your Admission Now
Start Your Admission Now
Other factors that are considered include previous work experience, past academic records, and co-curricular activities.
IIM Ahmedabad Accreditation
- The IIM Ahmedabad was awarded the European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS) accreditation in 2008
- The European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD) has endorsed the institution as one of the leading management institutions in India
IIM Ahmedabad Ranking
- The institution was ranked 47th best globally by the Financial Times Global MBA Rankings 2019
- The Eduniversal Best Masters Ranked the IIM Ahmedabad as the best institution in Agribusiness Industry Management
- IIMA has continually been rated a Top B-school in the Asian region by different international agencies
- Also, the institution was ranked 1st in 2018 by Businessworld, Business Today, Outlook, and the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF)
Fee Structure: What is the Cost of Pursuing MBA in IIM Ahmedabad?
- Pursuing an MBA from IIM Ahmedabad would cost approximately Rs 21, 00,000. The course takes 2 years and the institution allows you to pay the fee in installments
- A comprehensive fee structure and the payment details are included in the letter offer
The fee is subject to change as the school management may deem it fit. For example, there was a 12% fee increment in 2017.
Placement Details for MBA at IIM Ahmedabad
- The highly dynamic global business environment requires a creative and innovative mind for sustainable business growth. The IIM Ahmedabad offers an MBA that equip the students to develop implementable solutions to propel companies to greater heights
- As a result, MBA graduates from the institution are quickly absorbed into the job market. Some of the recruiters include KPMG, Amazon, P&G, Nestle, and TATA
- IIM Ahmedabad has classified the placements into two; the lateral and the final placement. The lateral placement provides an opportunity for students with prior experience to be placed while the final one is designed for all the students who missed out
- In the 2015-2017 period, the IIM Ahmedabad accepted 386 offers from recruiters and only 14 students missed out on the placement. This translates to an impressive placement rate of 97% with the leading recruiter being Amazon.
IIM Ahmedabad MBA is highly reputable and employers are willing to offer good packages to the graduates. For a start, an MBA graduate earns approximately Rs 18 Lakh but the salary can rise to Rs 100 Lakh in less than two years.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: Do IIM Ahmedabad offer scholarships?
Ans: The institution provides scholarships on a need basis. All the applications are evaluated by a team of experts to determine the need of the students
- Q2: Can I get accommodation as an international student?
Ans: The institution has accommodation for both local and international students. The letter of offer will detail all the requirements that you should meet to get accommodated in the institution.
- Q3: What are the benefits of IIM Ahmedabad MBA?
Ans: The institution is widely known for producing topnotch management graduates. It boasts of a highly professional teaching and support staff that make the learning process conducive.
- Q4: When is the Admission at Ahmedabad Institute of Management?
Ans: CAT registration takes place between August and November. If you apply for a vacancy in the institution, you will undergo a rigorous interview process that takes place around November. By the end of the year, you’re likely to know the status of your application
- Q5: Should I have both CAT and GMAT results?
Ans: IIM Ahmedabad will admit you when you meet the cutoff for the CAT. However, international students will be required to produce the GMAT results to be admitted
If you’d like to enroll for an MBA at IIM Ahmedabad, kindly feel free to contact the admission staff through:
- Indian Institute of Management
- Vastrapur, Ahmedabad 380015
- Gujarat, INDIA
- Tel: +91-79-66323456 / 26308357
- Fax: +91-79-26306896
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Also, you can visit the institution’s website https://www.iima.ac.in to book an appointment. You’ll be required to fill in an appointment form and send it to the support staff through email@example.com at least a month before your desired appointment day.
Other Related Articles You Might Like
- IIM Calcutta MBA Program
- IIM Lucknow MBA Program
- IIM Indore MBA Program
- IIT Kharagpur MBA Program
- IIM Bangalore MBA Program
Image Credit: Dan Dimmock