IIM Ahmedabad Fellow (Ph. D,Doctrate) Program
FPM or the Fellow (Ph. D) Program in Management of IIM Ahmedabad, is the doctoral program which aims to offer students with indispensable proficiency to recognize and explore multifaceted matters in the facade of management. It can be construed as the equivalent of what Harvard offers in the US.
The Fellow program in Management seeks applicants with the stupendous academic milieu, intellectual inquisitiveness, and regulation needed to make intellectual involvement. The doctoral program of IIM Ahmedabad offers an assorted set of prospects for interdisciplinary learning and investigation.
Fellow Program in Management is a research program in which a student becomes familiar with the efficient management clusters and obtains the fundamental hypothetical acquaintance and realistic facets of the program. This permits close interfaces with the faculty, which make available the rational encouragement and help expand the student’s own examine interests as well as specialized goals.
The program is stalwartly dedicated to preparing deliberate professionals both for academic as well as for the corporate world. To the shortlisted candidates, Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad provides a brilliant atmosphere for carrying out the sophisticated study, thus generating exceedingly devoted researchers skilled in the most topical techniques and occupied in fabricating inventive research effort.
Students expend usually a modest over 4 years that embraces 2 years of meticulous coursework. Work in the 1st year offers a universal management synopsis and develops essential skills for scrutinizing managerial predicament.
In the 2nd year, students take complex doctoral level erudition in their areas of interest. The faculty of Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad has researched and worked in the paramount of institutes in India and abroad.
Application forms will be obtainable online. Applicants can fill the form online along with the application fee of Rs. 500 that can be paid through the Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad’s gateway.
The faculty will then assess the submissions that have been presented, and invite a chosen group of applicants for interviews with the Indian Institute of Management’s faculty and the associates of the FPM Executive Board.
The time limit for compliance of application material is 30th January, 2014. The Personal Interviews thereafter will be conducted in the months of March/April and admission pronouncements will be made by the end of April.
Applicants must acquire one of the mentioned qualifications to apply for Fellow (Ph.D) Program in Management of IIM Ahmedabad:
- A Bachelors degree with at least 50% marks attained after three years of learning after finishing higher secondary (10+2) schooling and a Masters degree with at least 55% marks in any discipline.
- 5 – year/4 – year Integrated program (Masters Degree) in any discipline with at least 55% marks, acquired after finishing higher secondary (10+2) schooling.
- Having professional qualification (CA, CS, ICWA) with at least 55% marks.
- Four year/ eight semester Bachelors degree with not less than 60% marks.
Program Fees or Stipend Paid to Fellows
- The tuition fee is not charged for students of India. The chosen applicants will be getting a stipend of Rs.21,500/– per month for the 1st as well as for the 2nd year.
- The applicants will be getting Rs. 22,700 per month after qualifying the comprehensive examination and will get Rs. 24,500 per month after compliance of the TAC approved proposal of thesis.
- In addition, the Contingency stipend of Rs. 25,000 per year will be granted for five years to wrap the research costs, books expenses, etc. and compensation of international symposium up to Rs. 1,75,000 will also be made accessible to the qualified applicants.
- Nevertheless, the overseas candidate would be charged the fees of $ 20,500 for the 1st year and $ 21,500 for the years that are remaining.
Some important Dates For the Doctorate Course
|Last date of submitting the duly filled application material||January|
|Scheduling of interviews for candidates shortlisted||March / April|
|Admission offer will be mailed to the chosen candidates||April 2014|
The Fellows from Indian Institute of Management Ahmadabad have been placed in the following sectors:
- Faculty members of deemed educational institutions of India such as IIMs and other prestigious institutes.
- Various management positions have been allotted in multinational companies such as Infosys, TCS, ICICI, PWC, AT Kearney, etc.
The Programs Officer
Fellow Program in Management (FPM)
IIM Vastrapur, Ahmedabad 380 015
If you liked this post, please consider sharing it on Facebook, Twitter or Google+.
|Top 10 Best Distance MBA|
|Affordable online MBA programs India|
|Free Distance MBA Scholarship|
|Private MBA Colleges|
|Symbiosis Distance MBA|
|ICFAI Distance MBA|
|Government MBA Colleges|
|IGNOU Distance MBA|
|Bharathiar Distance MBA|
|NMIMS Distance Learning MBA|