IIM Bangalore MBA Program
- Courses and Duration
- Admission Process
- Accreditation Status
- Fee Structure
- Expected Salary
- Contact Details
- Related Post
- Free Admission Guidance Available!
- IIM Bangalore is a business institution that was established in 1973 to offer business-related courses. The institute works under the Ministry of Human Resource Development, the Government of India.
- IIM Bangalore is an accredited public institution with approval from the University Grants Commission (UGC) and the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). It was identified as an Institute of National Importance under the IIM Act of 2017
- The institution has a robust team of faculty members that guarantee high-quality doctoral, masters, and bachelor’s programs. As a testament to its excellence, IIM Bangalore has received the EFMD Quality Improvement System (EQUIS) award
Details about IIM Bangalore MBA Program: The Courses and Duration
To acquire an MBA from IIM Bangalore, you must pass the Post Graduate Program Management (PGP)
The institution offers three study modules including:
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA) full-time module for 6 trimesters spread through 2 years
- MBA full-time program/ Extensive Post Graduate Programme in Management (EPGP) which takes 1 year. This module is designed for professionals with 5-12 years of work experience
- MBA weekend program (2 years). This part-time module provides the students with the opportunity to acquire an MBA without leaving their full-time jobs
All the programs are customized to instill skills that help the students make greater contributions in the highly dynamic and liberalized global economy.
Eligibility for an MBA in IIM Bangalore
Before applying for an MBA program at IIM Bangalore, you should confirm that you meet the following requirements:
- Holds a bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution with a minimum 50% mark
- Score the prescribed mark in a CAT exam administered at the university
- Must present GMAT, GRE, or IIM-B Test score before admission
- Perform excellently in an admission interview (possess excellent writing and presentation skills)
All the potential students are subjected to critical evaluation to determine their academic potential and the quality of their past work experience (if available)
The admission process has two stages:
- WAT and Personal Interview. The candidates apply online. If shortlisted, they are invited for a written ability test and personal interview.
Start Your Admission Now
Start Your Admission Now
- Final Selection. The selection is based on the CAT results, interview outcome, past work experience, and graduation marks
After undergoing the two processes, you will be notified on the status of your application by the institution’s management.
IIM Bangalore Accreditation
- The institute is accredited by the European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS). In 2016, the EQUIS extended the approval by 5 more years which shows the determination of IIM Bangalore to provide the best learning and research environment for its students.
IIM Bangalore Ranking
- Ranked the best business school in Central Asia for ten consecutive years
- Named the best Business and Management School in 2019 by the QS University Rankings
- Ranked among the top 25 institutions globally by the QS World University Ranking 2019
- The Financial Times ranked IIM Bangalore among top 10 business and management schools in Asia-Pacific under the Global MBA category
- Ranked #1 in India by the National Institutional Ranking Framework under the Ministry of Human Resource Development in India
Fee Structure: What is the Cost of Pursuing an MBA in IIM Bangalore?
- The course takes a maximum of 2 years to complete. The total cost of the study is approximately INR 15, 50,000
Placement Details for MBA at IIM Bangalore
- The period between 2018 and 2019 saw an approximately 96% placement rate. The MBA received 442 offers and 427 out of the 428 students were successfully placed.
- The high placement rate is due to the vigorous solution-based training where the students get the expertise to handle the ever-changing business environment globally
- IIM Bangalore MBA is highly rewarding as the students are employed in the best organizations globally. The average initial salary for a graduate is Rs 18 Lakhs with a potential of growth to more than Rs 100 Lakhs
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: What is the difference between MBA and PGP?
Ans: PGP is a post-graduate diploma program offered by institutions accredited by the AICTE yet autonomous. On the other hand, an MBA is a degree that can only be awarded by a university that has received accreditation from UGC. When a management institute obtains the Institute of National Importance status, it can award the MBA going forward.
- Q2: Is an MBA equivalent to PGD?
Ans: The only difference between PGD and MBA is the institute that offers the respective courses. If you study in an autonomous institution, you will get similar content but the course will only be referred to as PGD.
On the contrary, if you take a similar course in a university accredited by UGC, you will be awarded an MBA. For example, the IIM Bangalore was approved by the UGC in 2017. As a result, they will start awarding MBA to their students as opposed to the PGD.
- Q3: Can I study MBA online at the IIM Bangalore?
Ans: Distance learning does not exist in IIM Bangalore. However, you can attend part-time classes if you are working professionally. The course is tailor-made to suit your needs within 2 years
- Q4: Can an international student enroll in IIM Bangalore?
Ans: The institution accepts international students. However, the potential students must go through a rigorous admission process to convince the university that they possess the required qualifications. When applying online, you should indicate the country of origin to guide the rest of the process.
Have any questions, compliments, or inquiries? Reach our support staff through:
- Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore
- Bannerghatta Road, Bengaluru, India
- Pin code: 560076
- Website: https://www.iimb.ac.in
Other MBA Programs You Might be Interested in
- IIM Ahmedabad MBA Program
- IIM Calcutta MBA Program
- IIM Lucknow MBA Program
- IIM Indore MBA Program
- IIT Kharagpur MBA Program
Image Credit: Tai’s Captures