IIM Calcutta Executive MBA
- Program Delivery Mode
- Selection Process
- Eligibility Criteria
- List of Courses Offered
- Application Process
- Fee Structure
- Placement Details
- Contact Information
- Related Post
- Free Admission Guidance Available!
- Post Graduate Program for Executives or PGPEX is a one-year in-house program for Executives and professionals offered by the Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta that gives them an idyllic podium to supplement their accessible dexterity as they make an effort to shield themselves for higher-ranking and top administration roles in the business.
- This management program, from the time of its commencement in 2007, has seeded alumni who have established distinction in the management positions that they have engaged in their businesses.
- The Class of Management executives encompasses an assorted blend of youth and knowledgeable persons. Under the proficient supervision of the country’s leading staff, fervor for un-remitted erudition synergizes with skills from miscellaneous backgrounds to generate an inspiring cultural milieu.
- Education ahead of the classroom is an evenly vital facade. Whilst case studies augment the realistic knowledge of unscrambling real-life business enigma, casual discussions on diverse topics from thoughtfully preferred appendage readings widen individual viewpoints.
- The business internship curriculum helps prospect business privileged whet their skills at the same time as tackling genuine world confronts. Individuals in addition craft time to partake in business case studies, sorting exercises and vocational progression clubs.
Program Delivery Mode
- The Program is brought about through a suitable blend of case studies, lectures, and vigorous assignments. IIM C faculty delivers the program in conjunction with the global faculty of reputation.
- Contestants will be required to take on a worldwide assignment or an allied revision excursion for an episode of 2 subsequent weeks. This will be conducted and organized by the institution.
- The selection of applicants is based on academic background, knowledge, experience, a valid GMAT score, and an interview.
Start Your Admission Now
Start Your Admission Now
- Besides these aspirants need to present a declaration of principle and references from 2 referees holding superior administrative positions.
- Managerial executives holding a bachelor’s degree or alike in any stream and possess more than five years of professional experience (post qualification) may apply for the same.
- GMAT score (within 36 months of the date of applying) is also mandatory to be produced during the application process.
List of Courses Offered
- Finance & Control
- Operations Management
- Strategic Management
- Management Information Systems
- Public Policy and Management
- Business Ethics and Communication
- Human Resource Management
- Behavioral Sciences
- Management Centre for Human Values
- The fees for the Program is 18, 00,000 INR or equivalent US dollar for 1 year which is non-refundable. The fees can be payable in four consecutive installments.
- The first installment is to be paid by December (3,00,000 INR)
- The first installment is to be paid by April (4,00,000 INR)
- The first installment is to be paid by July (6,00,000)
- The fourth installment is to be paid by November (5,00,000 INR)
- In addition to the above payment, a sum of 20,000 INR has to be paid as a refundable vigilance deposit during the point of registration that is April.
- The payment includes the lodging fees, tuition fees, study material cost, planned excursions by the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta.
Placement Figures for IIM C Executive MBA
- PGPEX curriculum for the fifth Batch commenced on December 26, 2011, and concluded on May 14, 2012. This curriculum, the employment offers were more assorted.
- Students got various offers from the sectors including Consulting, Banking, Telecom, Product Management and Operations.
Placement Statistics @ IIM C
- Positions offered to the fifth batch students of Post Graduate Program for Executives:
- Lead Strategist (CEO’s Office ) – Wipro (BPO)
- VP – iNautix Technologies Ltd., Take Solutions
- Exec. Assistant to Managing Director – Medtronic
- Sr. Business Manager – HCL Technologies Ltd., Cognizant Technology
- Senior Consultant – Cognizant Business Consulting
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: Is IIM Calcutta accredited?
Ans: Yes, the institution is accredited by UGC as well as DEB.
- Q2: Where do I access the prospectus and the application forms?
Ans: Interested candidates can access the prospectus online through the institution’s website or offline from the Directorate of Distance Education.
- Q3: How do I pay the application fee and the course fee?
Ans: All candidates must pay the application fee online (using Net Banking, Debit Cards, or Credit Cards) or by sending a Demand Draft written in favor of “the Directorate of Distance Education, IIM Calcutta” and payable in Calcutta.
- Q4: Does the university offer scholarships for executive MBA?
Ans: Yes, the university has a few scholarships which are awarded strictly on merit. Needy and intelligent students are required to apply within the stipulated timelines.
- Q5: Can an employer sponsor an employee for the executive MBA program at IIM Calcutta?
Ans: Yes, the institution accepts sponsorships. However, the employer must complete a form to show commitment to all the obligations associated with the program.
- Q6: After how long will I know the status of my application?
Ans: 2-3 weeks.
- Q7: How will I get information regarding my application?
Ans: Information regarding executive MBA applications is posted on the institution’s website. If successful, candidates will get the offer letter through the email addresses provided during the application stage.
- Q8: What are the evaluation methods applied for executive MBA?
Ans: Students must complete assignments, group discussions, dissertations, and end-of-semester exams to qualify for graduation.
- Q9: Will I be required to attend an internship program?
Ans: No, executive MBA students don’t need to attend an internship. However, they can practice the skills acquired at their workplaces.
- Q10: What are the requirements for undertaking end-of-semester examinations?
Ans: All students must pay their course fees and apply for a hall ticket. No students will sit for the exams without this ticket.
- Indian Institute of Management Calcutta
- Diamond Harbour Road,
- Kolkata 700 104,
- West Bengal (India)
- Ph: +91 33 2467 8300-06
- Email: email@example.com
- References Wikipedia and Official Website of IIM C
Other Articles You Might Like
- You may also like to read about IIM Ahmedabad Executive MBA, and one of the most common questions asked during interviews is – Why do you want to do an MBA?
For further related topics please read the following:
- Top 10 Executive MBA in India
- GIM Executive MBA Program
- BITS Pilani Executive MBA
- ITM Executive MBA
- Pondicherry University Executive MBA
If you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing it on Facebook, Google+ or Twitter.
Image Credit: IIM Calcutta Official Website