IIM Distance MBA Education – Fee, Admissions, and More
- Fee Structure
- Accreditation Status
- How to Apply?
- Is This Course Right For You?
- Further Details For Students to Consider
- Contact Information
- Related Posts
- Distance MBA – Free Guidance Available!
- Let us get our facts straight in the first place. Distance MBA from IIM does not even exist, neither are the courses offered via distance mode equivalent to MBA. What IIMs do offer is certain programs via distance mode.
- There is no better way to prepare yourself for top-level management roles within the business environment than to develop expertise in both business and ethics.
- An advanced degree gives you the opportunity to achieve just that. IIM Distance Education programs enable you to gain a broad understanding of business and earn a degree without disrupting your work or family life.
- The programs offer many ways that you can advance your career by equipping you with the entrepreneurial mindset crucial to the attainment of set goals.
- In many respects, IIM distance education programs serve as a bridge to the business world by giving you a taste of the business realm through a myriad of business-related activities.
- The Indian Institutes of Management (IIM) comprises a chain of 20 colleges registered under the Societies Act.
- These highly revered institutions offer post-graduate programs in management (an equivalence of MBA), Fellow programs in management, which is equivalent to a Ph.D., Executive MBA, as well as industry-based courses.
- The reason for the title difference is that Societies are not allowed to award degrees. However, an IIM bill has been proposed, which should see these institutions start granting universally recognized degrees.
- IIM is a private university.
Currently, the following IIMs offer distance programs
- IIM Lucknow
- IIM Ahmedabad
- IIM Calcutta
- IIM Rohtak
- IIM Bangalore
- IIM Kozhikode
- as well as IIM Indore
IIM Teamed up with education companies like TalentEdge, NIIT Imperia, and Hughes and Global Education to offer distance education programs for career professionals.
What is the Eligibility Criteria for these courses?
Depending on the particular course that you wish to pursue, the eligibility criteria would always be different. However, a general overview of the eligibility criteria is mentioned below for further perusal.
IIM courses are intended for working professionals. As such, your eligibility for any course depends on the number of progressive work experience that you have. Here is what you should know:
- Junior level program: the junior level program is designed for individuals with at least a one-year working experience.
- Senior-level program: to enroll in the senior level program, you will need to have up to 10 years of work experience.
It is evident from the above that the course you can join depends on the work experience you possess.
What is the Duration for Each Course?
- The duration or Program length of each program varies depending on the institution you are applying to. However, a majority of the programs are done over 12 months while schools like IIM Ahmedabad allow you to complete the ePost Graduate Program in as much as three years.
What is the fee for these correspondence courses?
The total fees at these institutions vary depending on the college you are applying to.
IIM Bangalore opens and customizes long duration programs (LDPs) with the following fee structure:
- Executive General Management Program – Rs. 6,25,000
- General Management Program for Aerospace and Aviation Executives – Rs. 6,60,000
- Business Analytics and Intelligence – Rs. 6,50,000
- General Management Program for Healthcare Executives – Rs. 5,53,000
- General Management Program for Young Leaders – Rs. 3,00,000
- Big Data Analytics – Rs. 5,75,000
IIM Ahmedabad marks its entrance into the distance learning space by offering an ePost Graduate Program (ePGP). The program fees include:
- Application Fee – Rs. 2,000
- Program Fee – Rs. 17,00,000
- Registration Fee – Rs. 42,500
IIM Calcutta offers a program that is designed to meet the needs of working professionals by offering both general management programs and functional programs. The fee captured below is for the general management programs.
- Executive Program in Business Management – International (EPBMI) Program Fee – 6.5 lakh
- Executive Program in Global Business Management (EPGBM) Total Program Fee – Rs. 4,11,440
- Senior Management Program (SMP) Total Program Fee – Rs. 5,13,100
- Executive Program for Young Managers (EPYM) Total Program Fee – Rs. 2,44,260
- Executive Program in Business Management (EPBM) Total Program Fee – Rs. 4,13,000
- Finance for Non-Finance Executives Residential: Rs. 45,000
Non-residential: Rs. 36,000
- Advanced Financial Statement Analysis for Decision Making Residential: Rs. 45,000
Non-residential: Rs. 36,000
- Working Manager’s Program (WMP) Program Fee: Rs. 4,52,500
- Post Graduate Program in Management for Executives(ePGPx) – Rs. 6,25,400
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management for Executives in Mumbai (PGP-MX) Total program fee – Rs. 17,70,000
- Post Graduate Certificate Program in Finance (PGCPF) Program Fee – Rs. 3,42,200
- Post Graduate Certificate Program in Investment Banking (PGCPIB) Program Fee – Rs.3,00,000
IIM University Accreditation Proof
- The university is currently not accreditated by UGC.
How to apply for these distance programs?
- Candidates are required to take the Executive Management Aptitude Test (EMAT) followed by Personal Interview. Normally EMAT & Interview will happen on the same day and candidates will be called for EMAT/Interview. Candidates who do not attend the EMAT/Interview as per schedule communicated will not be considered for the further selection process.
Start Your Admission Now
Start Your Admission Now
- The Institute reserves the right to decide a cut-off mark based on the total number of candidates, average marks scored, or any other factors as may be relevant.
- Candidates who are found eligible to apply & successfully gone through the selection process will be provisionally shortlisted for the program & the offer letter will be issued.
- Admission to the program is subject to acceptance of offer letter and payment of fee applicable
- To apply for IIM Bangalore distance education programs, go to http://www.iimb.ac.in/eep/catalog?Ref=undefined, then click on “Long Duration Programmes,” select your preferred course to proceed and apply.
- To apply for the IIM Ahmedabad ePGP program, go to https://www.iima.ac.in/web/epgp/apply/apply-online.
- Those who wish to apply to the IIM Calcutta distance education program can do so by visiting https://www.iimcal.ac.in/ldp/general-management-programmes. Next, select your preferred course and scroll down to the “How to Apply” option.
- Working professionals who wish to attend IM Lucknow can apply to the school’s Working Managers’ Programme at http://www.iiml.ac.in/?page_id=2266.
- To apply for IIM Rohtak’s Post Graduate Programme in Management for Executives(ePGPx), visit http://apps.iimrohtak.ac.in/EPGPxLogin.aspx to begin a new registration and proceed to fill out the application form.
- If you want to enroll in any of IIM Indore’s distance education programs, go to https://www.iimidr.ac.in/executive-programmes/, then choose any course you wish to attend. Proceed to the course page and select the “Admission” option. On the admission page, click the “Apply Online” option hyperlinked in blue. You should be redirected to a page where you can register.
- To apply to IIM Kozhikode distance education programs, go to https://www.iimk.ac.in/academics/mdp/MDPOnlineRegistrationSystem/index.php to create an account and complete the application process online.
Is This Course Right For You?
- IIM courses are great for individuals who are looking to assume leadership and management positions in various organizations or build their own business.
- The program also offers you the chance to meet and build relationships with some of the best business minds in India and indeed the world.
- The courses are expensive. But in our opinion, they represent good value for money. In a crowded marketplace, IIMs distance education help to set you apart from the competition, considering how much employers value business degrees in today’s corporate world.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: Are IIM distance education recognized as an MBA program?
A: Yes, although the titles may vary by institution, Post Graduate Program in Management for Executives is recognized as equivalent to an MBA degree.
- Q2: Must I have working experience before I can apply for IIM distance education?
A: Yes, you will need at least one year of working experience to enroll in the junior level program, while the senior level program requires up to 10 years of working experience.
- Q3: What is expected of would-be IIM distance learning students?
A: Potential IIM distance learning students are expected to register for the program, complete a Common Application Form (CAF), after which they will sit for an aptitude test. Upon successfully gaining admission, students will need to complete coursework, pass exams, and do publication research that is up to the required standard.
- Q4: How rigorous are the courses?
A: IIM distance education courses are very demanding, although highly flexible. The programs require a high level of academic commitment and the schools take a disciplined approach to ensure adherence.
- Q5: What is the selection process?
A: Applicants are granted admission depending on their profile and performance on the aptitude test.
- Q6: What is the program duration?
A: Program length varies depending on the institution you are applying to. However, a majority of the programs are done over 12 months while schools like IIM Ahmedabad allow you to complete the ePost Graduate Program in as much as three years.
- Q7: Do IIMs provide placement support/career services for distance learning education programs?
A: The institutions do not provide placement support or career services for distance learning programs.
- Q8: What are the documents I need to provide during registration?
A: You will need relevant examination and degree certificates of your:
- SSC/SSLC/Matriculation/Secondary School
- PUC/Intermediate/Higher Secondary School
- Master’s Degree
- CAT/GMAT test scores, if applicable
Other documents you will need include appointment letter, last salary slip, recent passport size photograph, etc.
Note that requirements may vary depending on the institution you are applying to.
- Q9: Will I be required to undertake a capstone project before graduating?
Ans: Yes, students are required to undertake a project in their area of specialization. The project increases the student’s hands-on experience thus enhancing their marketability
- Q10: By when should I pay my school fees to preserve my distance MBA seat?
Ans: Successful applicants are expected to pay part of the school fees as advised in the admission letter. Failure to remit the fees may result in withdrawal of the offer
- Q11: Which are the acceptable fees payment methods?
Ans: Students are advised to pay their school fees online using Net Banking, Debit Card, or Credit Cards
- Q12: Is distance MBA from IIMs recognized in India and beyond?
Ans: Yes, all IIMs are established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India. The distance MBAs offered by these institutions are recognized globally
- Q13: Can I do a distance Executive MBA from IIMs in India?
Ans: Yes, students are allowed to do a distance executive MBA if they meet all the admission requirements set out by specific IIMs. Such candidates must have work experience of a specified duration to be eligible
However, not all IIMs have the option of distance Executive MBA. Some of the IIMs offering the option include Lucknow, Calcutta, and Ahmedabad
- Q 14: Is it a must that I study online or I can receive hardcopy study materials for offline studies?
Ans: Most IIMs can organize for the delivery of hardcopy learning materials. However, you cannot negate the online aspect of distance study since it helps in monitoring your academic progress
- Q15: What would happen if I fail my evaluation tests?
Ans: Students are allowed to retake the exam in case of failure on the first attempt. However, you may be required to pay a retake fee
- Q16: Can I be allowed to request a remark if I am dissatisfied with my results?
Ans: Yes, students can request a re-evaluation of the examination script upon payment of a remarking fee. Also, they must request the service within the stipulated timelines and following the established procedures
Further Details For Students to Consider
- The classes are conducted via online media using both visual and video modes.
- You need to do certain courses online and some of these at the campus itself.
- You can pursue these courses alongside your job.
- Grilling sessions at the IIMs in the distance courses are quite common and the content of the course is very good.
- The courses are conducted via the Hughes Global Education Network. They are the trusted partner of IIMs for conducting classes.
- Recently, IIM Lucknow is also following the path and offering distance education to students. You can read about IIM Lucknow Distance MBA over here
- Address: Sargam Marg, I I M, Vastrapur, Ahmedabad, Gujarat 380015, India
- Website: https://www.iima.ac.in