IIM Kashipur MBA Program
- Courses and Duration
- Admission Process
- Accreditation Status
- Fee Structure
- Expected Salary
- Contact Details
- Related Post
- Free Admission Guidance Available!
- IIM Kashipur is a relatively new IIM located in Kashipur, Uttarakhand. It was started in 2011 where it was mentored by IIM Lucknow to develop high-quality management programs for its students.
- It has been recognized as one of the best management schools in India by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
- The institution offers a full-time residential PGPM program that is tailor-made to produce well-rounded managers of high integrity.
Course and Duration
- It is a two-year full-time residential program.
- It comprises of both core and elective courses. The students must undertake all the core courses within the first year of study.
- Students are allowed to specialize in areas of interest in the second year. There are various areas of specialization including Human Resource Management, Marketing, Operation Management, Finance and Accounting, and Economics.
- The institution utilizes seminars, guest lectures, and conferences to improve the communication, oratory, and analytical skills of all the students.
- Every student must meet all the requirements before graduating. They must pass all the assignments, digital presentations, examinations, practical tests, and any other evaluation technique set by the lecturers.
- Students must undertake a summer project in a topic derived from their area of specialization.
- All students must attend an internship program to give them hands-on experience in management.
- IIM Kashipur offers chances for Exchange Programs to allow students to get exposure to the international business environment.
- Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s degree in any field from an institute approved by UGC or recognized by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
- Candidates must have at least 50% aggregate marks or an equivalent CGPA (45% for SC/ST/PWD categories) in their undergraduate studies.
- All candidates must provide a valid CAT or GMAT scorecard.
- Students in their final year or those waiting for graduation can apply. However, they must prove that they scored at least 50% aggregate marks in their latest examination.
- In case such candidates are admitted into the MBA program, they must provide valid score sheets, original certificates, or a letter signed by the registrar ascertaining that they have met all undergraduate requirements and are waiting for graduation.
- Candidates must apply for an MBA program through the institution’s website. After the reception of the forms, the admission panel selects all the candidates who meet the minimum requirements.
Start Your Admission Now
Start Your Admission Now
- Shortlisted candidates are invited to attend a personal interview, group discussion, and written ability test. All candidates must be physically present for this phase of the admission process.
- All the activities are evaluated and the candidates awarded marks accordingly.
- The admission panel selects the best candidates based on the CAT score, personal interview score, group discussion score, and written ability test score.
- Other factors considered when preparing the final list include testimonials, work experience, academic achievements, and extracurricular activities.
- All prospective MBA students receive an offer letter through the address provided during the application process. They must accept the offer within the stipulated timelines’ failure to which it can be revoked.
- Ranked 20th by the National Institutional Ranking Framework in 2018
- The total fee for the PGDM program is Rs.13, 15,200. It covers tuition, library charges, and refundable charges.
- The institution has scholarship opportunities for needy and intelligent students.
- The institution achieves approximately 98% placement success every year. More than 70 companies participate in the exercise.
- The highest placement offer for the MBA graduates is Rs 21 lakhs annually with the average offer being Rs 14.3 Lakhs annually.
- Organizations from the pharmaceutical sector, manufacturing, service industry, information technology, and construction participate in the placement exercise.
- IIM Kashipur MBA graduates earn an introductory offer of Rs 15 lakhs. High-pay graduates get offers of up to Rs 40 lakhs annually with a chance to raise it to up to Rs 60 Lakhs.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: IS IIM Kashipur’s PGPM equivalent to an MBA?
Ans: Yes, the institution’s PGPM is recognized by AICTE and AIU as an MBA equivalent.
- Q2: Must I specialize in specific areas?
Ans: Yes, you must specialize in at most two areas of interest after the completion of the first year.
- Q3: Can I attend all the interviews then defer admission to the next session?
Ans: Yes. However, you must inform the institution of your intention to defer studies. You must provide convincing reasons to support your request.
- Q3: How relevant is a PGPM program?
Ans: The program sharpens your analytical skills. It also instills highly effective decision-making and management skills that guarantee success in your career.
- Q4: What happens when I submit the wrong details?
Ans: The institution allows you to edit your data. However, the chance is limited and you should utilize it optimally. You cannot change the name of the applicant.
If you have any inquiry IIM Kashipur, you shouldn’t hesitate to engage the institution’s representative using the address below:
- Indian Institute of Management Kashipur
- Kundeshwari, Kashipur
- Uttarakhand 244713
- Tel: +91-7088270882,
- You can also visit the institution’s website http://www.iimkashipur.ac.in for more detailed information about their PGDM as well as other programs.
Other Articles You Might Like
- SIBM Pune MBA Program
- NMIMS School of Business Management MBA
- IIT Kanpur MBA Program
- IIM Rohtak MBA Program
- IIM Shillong MBA Program
Image Credit: Avinash Uppuluri