IIM Kozhikode MBA Program
- Courses and Duration
- Admission Process
- Accreditation Status
- Fee Structure
- Expected Salary
- Contact Details
- Related Post
- Free Admission Guidance Available!
- IIM Kozhikode is a government institution established in 1996. The institution is spread over 112.5 acres with top-notch learning infrastructure
- It uses different learning approaches to churn out well-rounded graduates. The MBA program is accredited by AMBA
- The PGP program is designed to take 2 years. The students are offered accommodation in a serene environment conducive for learning
Courses and Duration
- The two-year program comprising 740 contact hours. The lessons are highly interactive to ensure that you enjoy conducive learning environments
- It includes at least 3 weeks of campus modules to gauge your understanding of emerging management trends. The pedagogy is designed to maximize the use of technology while instilling a culture of research
- This program uses highly intensive computer-based simulations, class presentations, quizzes, case studies, white papers, projects, assignments, and other techniques that the lecturers deem necessary for comprehensive course coverage.
Divided into 3 major modules including:
- Foundation and functional core courses
- Elective courses
- Compulsory advanced courses
IIM Kozhikode offers a wide range of academic programs in the field of management including:
- Post Graduate Program (PGP)
- Post Graduate Program in Business Leadership (PGP-BL)
- Executive Post Graduate Program – Interactive Learning Mode
- Fellow Program in Management (Ph.D.)
- Ph.D. Programme in Management
- Executive Post Graduate Program
- Management Development Program
- Faculty Development Program
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university. The course must be approved by UGC and it should take a minimum of 3 years
- Must have a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate or an equivalent CGPA. Candidates in the SC/ST/PwD category are required to have at least 45% marks in aggregate
- All candidates must sit for a CAT exam and score the set percentile score to be eligible for shortlisting. International students can provide their valid GMAT scores
- Students in the final year of their undergraduate studies in a recognized institution are eligible to apply for the MBA. If successful, such students must provide the original certificate before or on the admission day
If you meet all the above requirements, you should apply for an MBA vacancy before the stipulated dates expire
- You should submit your application form before the expiry of the deadline. The institution is flexible on the mode of delivery; you can choose online or physical channels
Start Your Admission Now
Start Your Admission Now
- Ensure that you attach the CAT results during the application process. International students can undertake the GMAT test online
- Also, you should attach all the necessary documents including testimonials and certificates
- After the submission of the documents, the admission panel will assess all the applications and shortlist the qualified candidates
- The shortlisted candidates are invited for Written Ability Test (WAT) and Personal Interview (PI) where their abilities are assessed
- Immediately after these tests, the admission officials compile the final results based on the candidates’ performance in CAT/GMAT, performance in the WAT, PI, extracurricular activities, and previous professional experience
- Accredited by the International Association of MBAs.
- Ranked sixth by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) in 2018
- Business Today ranked IIM Kozhikode 8th best B-school in globally and 5th in India
- The yearly fee for the PGP program/MBA program in IIM Kozhikode is Rs 8, 75,000. The total fee for the entire two-year program is approximately Rs 17, 50,000.
- This fee excludes all your personal needs including laundry and other costs that you may incur to facilitate your stay in IIM Kozhikode
- IIM Kozhikode provides placement for its MBA students. The placement rate is an average of 95%.
- The major recruiters include the Amazon, PwC, Optum, Boston Consulting Group, Deloitte, Avalon Consulting, and Everest Management Consulting.
- The average salary for MBA graduates is 20 Lakhs with the potential to grow to 80 Lakhs. However, the growth is dependent on the student’s professionalism and ability to handle problems.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: Why is an MBA important for working professionals?
Ans: MBA is designed to equip you with skills that you won’t get elsewhere. The program involves rigorous training on the highly dynamic business world. You will learn tactics that will make you outstanding thus guaranteeing growth in your career
- Q2: Can I pursue an MBA part-time?
Ans: The IIM Kozhikode provides a highly flexible part-time MBA program for career people. If you want to expand your managerial skills, you don’t have to resign from your current position. The weekend lessons will help you acquire the prestigious MBA award while still working
- Q3: What is the examining criteria at IIM Kozhikode?
Ans: The lecturers will give individual assignments, group assignments, written exams, oral exams, projects, and class presentations. Every test given in class contributes to the eventual marks that you score
- Q4: How will I know my application was successful?
Ans: The admission officials will contact you to inform you of the status of your application. Also, you should regularly check the institution’s website. If you suspect any unexplained communication delay, you should reach out to the institution.
- The IIM Kozhikode is located in the Kerala region. The area is easily accessible using the road, air, or train.
- The institute is only one hour drive from the airport (located 40 kilometers away) and a 30-minute drive from the Calicut railway station.
- Below is the postal address for the institution:
Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode
- IIMK Campus P. O., Kozhikode, Kerala,
- India, PIN – 673 570
- If you need to engage an admission official, you can be redirected by calling the reception using the contact below:
- ·Phone: +91-495-2809100
- Fax: +91-495-2803010-11
Other Articles You Might Like
- IIM Calcutta MBA Program
- IIM Lucknow MBA Program
- IIM Indore MBA Program
- IIT Kharagpur MBA Program
- XLRI Xavier School of Management MBA Program
Image Credit: Mitchell Ng Liang an