IIM Ranchi MBA Program
- Courses and Duration
- Admission Process
- Accreditation Status
- Fee Structure
- Expected Salary
- Contact Details
- Related Post
- Free Admission Guidance Available!
- IIM Ranchi is an autonomous institution that was established in 2010 by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India. It is located in the Ranchi State of Jharkhand.
- It offers a Post Graduate Program in Management (PGPM) which intends to produce transformational managers. The program is approved by the Association of Indian Universities and it is considered an MBA equivalent.
- The program concentrates on research and problem resolution. It has produced award-winning employees in different sectors internationally. For example, Ms. Monica Jaiswal, an alumna of IIM Ranchi, was listed in the coveted Economic Young Leaders in 2018.
Course and Duration
- PGPM is a two-year full-time program. It lasts for six trimesters.
- Students must undertake a summer project before joining the second year of study.
- IIM Ranchi reviews the curriculum regularly to uphold relevance and integrate emerging issues in the international business environment.
- The program requires a minimum of 110.5 credits and a maximum of 119.5 credits across the two years of study. One credit is equivalent to 10 lecture hours.
- The first year of study comprises of compulsory courses spread over 3 trimesters. The student is introduced to basic management concepts including:
- Operations Management
- Marketing Management
- Information Systems
- Accounting and Finance
- Human Resource Management
- Organizational Behavior
- Strategic Management
- International Business Management
- This core course enables students to acquire analytical skills, cultural and environmental business factors, conceptual knowledge, and contextual comprehension.
- In the second study, students handle elective courses where they are allowed to specialize in any two areas of interest.
- Every student must do a Summer Internship Project (SIP) before progressing to the second year of study
- Students are exposed to the international business environment through study trips and Student Exchange Programs (STEP).
- Prospective candidates should have a bachelor’s degree in any field with at least 50% aggregate marks or an equivalent CGPA. PWD, SC, and ST categories have achieved a minimum of 45% or equivalent CGPA in their undergraduate studies.
- The undergraduate degree must be awarded by a university incorporated by an Act of Parliament in India or recognized by UGC.
- Candidates must provide a valid CAT scorecard. International students must upload their GMAT results sheet.
- Students in their final year of study are eligible to apply. If such students get admission, they will only be registered after providing a copy of the results sheet, original degree certificate.
- Alternatively, such students must provide a valid letter from the principal or registrar of their current institution certifying that the student has met all the requirements and is only waiting for graduation.
Admission for an MBA at IIM Ranchi involves four stages:
1. Registration for MBA entrance exam
- Candidates are required to register and submit their application before the scheduled deadline.
- Prospective candidates should check the acceptable CAT scores for admission to an MBA.
Start Your Admission Now
Start Your Admission Now
2. Appearing for CAT exam
- Candidates should download an admit card to sit for the CAT exam. They should also adhere to reporting time and other exam regulations.
- CAT marks contribute 50% to the candidates’ overall score. As such, all candidates must prepare adequately before taking the test.
- After the reception of all application forms, admission officials select all the candidates who meet the minimum requirements (as detailed in the “eligibility” section above).
- The selected candidates are invited for a round of Group Discussions (GD), Personal Interview (PI), and Writing Ability Tests (WAT).
- All candidates must appear in person in the institution for this round of interviews.
4. Final selection round
- This session involves the preparation of the final list of qualified candidates. The admission officials consider the CAT results, GD, PI, and WAT.
- Other factors considered include work experience, academic achievements, and participation in co-curricular activities.
Prospective students with the highest scores are offered admission into the institution. They are informed using the address provided during the application process.
Upon reception of the offer, successful candidates must confirm their interest to pursue the program after which they will receive all admission requirements.
- Accredited by the All India Council for Technical Education
- Approved by UGC
- Ranked 28th by National Institutional Ranking Framework in 2019
- Ranked among the Top 50 Best Management Schools by Edufever
- The total fee for the 2-year program is Rs 15, 30, 000/. It caters to tuition, course material, computer charges, library fees, student activities, caution deposit, alumni fee, and room rent.
- Students are allowed to pay the fee termly. A total of Rs 2, 50, 000 per term except for the first term when the student must deposit Rs 2, 80, 000 before admission.
- Mess cost the students Rs 15,000 per term.
- IIM Ranchi has consistently achieved over 98% placement success. Approximately 100 recruiters participate in the process.
- The highest domestic salary for MBA graduates is Rs 26 LPA while that of international placements is Rs 58.
- The average salary is Rs 15 LPA.
- Some of the sectors that actively participate in IIM Ranchi’s placement include pharmaceuticals, finance, manufacturing, and service industries.
- MBA graduates earn between Rs 10 Lakh and Rs 60 Lakh annually.
- On average, graduates earn a starting salary of Rs 16.7. High pay graduates can earn up to Rs 100 Lakhs within two years of their professional lives.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: How do I convert CGPA into percentage?
Ans: You convert by taking your CGPA and dividing by the maximum achievable CGPA then multiplying by 100.
- Q2: Where will I work after graduating with an MBA?
Ans: An MBA graduate can work in any institution. Also, you can opt to start your enterprise and use the skills to grow it to profitability.
- Q3: Can I apply for an MBA if I lack GMAT scorecard?
Ans: If you have no GMAT scorecard, you can use your CAT/XAT results sheets. If you miss all of these, then you are not eligible to apply.
- Q4: What should I send to IIM Ranchi after paying online?
Ans: After paying the application fee online, the payment details reflect immediately on the institution’s portal. However, you should save the payment details in case a need for verification arise in the future.
If you need more details about the PGPM, kindly contact the institution using the address below:
- Indian Institute of Management Ranchi
- Suchana Bhawan,
- 5th Floor, Audrey House Campus,
- Meur’s Road, Ranchi – 834 008
- Tel: +91 0651 2280113
- Fax: +91 0651 2280940
- You can visit the institution’s official website http://www.iimranchi.ac.in
Other Articles You Might Like
- IIM Rohtak MBA Program
- IIM Shillong MBA Program
- IIM Kashipur MBA Program
- ICFAI Business School MBA Program
- International Management Institute MBA
Image Credit: Jen Theodore