IIM Rohtak MBA Program
- Courses and Duration
- Admission Process
- Accreditation Status
- Fee Structure
- Expected Salary
- Contact Details
- Related Post
- Free Admission Guidance Available!
- IIM Rohtak was established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India in 2009. The enactment of the IIM Act of 2017 made it an Institute of National Importance.
- It is located within the National Capital Region of India approximately 1.5 hours from Delhi International Airport.
- It has been recognized as one of the top management institutes in India. It uses an outstanding cross-sectional training perspective to produce dynamic and research-oriented managers.
- It offers a Post Graduate Program (PGP) which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as an MBA equivalent.
Course and Duration
- It is a two-year full-time residential program.
- Each academic year consists of three terms.
- Students must go for summer internships at the end of the third term.
- Before graduating, students are required to complete a research project in their area of specialization.
- The program is designed on the concept of credits. Each credit represents a minimum of 25 classroom hours
- Each student cover at least 72 credits to graduate.
- During the first year of study, students undertake core courses in management including economics, finance, human resource management, and economics.
- During the third term of the first year of study, students are allowed to specialize in two areas of interest.
- IIM Rohtak facilitates exchange programs to provide unique learning experiences to the students.
- IIM Rohtak offers the following academic programs:
- PGP in Management
- Doctoral Programme (DPM)
- Five Year Integrated Program in Management (IPM)
- Executive Fellow Program in Management (EFPM)
- Executive Training (MDP)
- Academic Training (FDP)
- Executive Post Graduate Diploma in Sports Management
- Post Graduate Programme in Management for Executives
- Senior Leadership Program
- Candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from an institution recognized by UGC or incorporated by an Act of Parliament.
- General candidates must have a minimum of 50% marks aggregate or an equivalent CGPA while SC/ST/PWD candidates must have at least 45% marks or 4.5 points on a scale of 10.
- Candidates must provide their CAT score sheet. International students are allowed to use their GMAT results.
- Students in their final year of undergraduate studies are allowed to apply. Such candidates must have at least a 50% score in their latest exam.
- In case they are admitted, they will be required to submit their latest score sheet, an original certificate, or a letter from the registrar ascertaining his qualifications for the next graduation.
- All candidates are expected to appear for CAT exams offered by IIMs. Failure to have the CAT scorecard will lead to automatic disqualification.
- International students must undertake the GMAT test.
Start Your Admission Now
Start Your Admission Now
- Prospective candidates must visit the institution’s website and apply for an MBA program at IIM Rohtak.
- During the application process, candidates must complete the form providing accurate and verifiable details. Any late application is rejected.
- After the application, the admission panel shortlists candidates who meet the basic minimum requirements.
- Shortlisted candidates are invited for personal interview (PI), group discussion (GD), and writing ability tests (WAT). This interview phase requires that the candidates appear physically before the admission officials.
- The admission panel prepares the final shortlist based on the CAT/GMAT results, PI, WAT, and GD performance.
- The final admission process involves the preparation of merit list based on academic achievements, work experience, extra-curricular activities, and testimonials.
- Prospective candidates with the highest scores get an admission into the MBA program. They are notified using the address provided during the application form.
- After receiving the offer letter, the prospective candidates are expected to confirm their interest in the program.
- Accredited by the International Accreditation Organization (IAO)
- Accredited by UGC
- IIM Rohtak was ranked 16th best B-school in India by MBA Universe B- School Ranking 2018-19
- Ranked 5th in Research and Professional Practices in Management among IIMs by NIRF India Rankings 2018
- The total fee for the 2-year PGP is Rs 13, 80, 000/. It includes learning materials, tuition, computer charges, alumni deposit, mess deposit, and placement facility charges.
- Students are required to remit Rs 40,000 for annual mess fee payable with term 1 and term IV fee.
- Needy and intelligent students can apply for scholarships and bursaries. However, scholarships are limited.
- IIM Rohtak achieves approximately 99% success in its placements. Approximately 70 companies participate in the exercise.
- The highest stipend offered to MBA graduates is 2, 34, 000 INR with the average stipend being 50, 370 INR
- Each year, there is an increase in the number of participating companies. During the summer placements 2019, the recruiters increase by 15%.
- Some of the recruiters participating in the exercise include Deloitte, YES bank, TATA, KPMG, Procter & Gamble, Mahindra, Cognizant, Bank of India, Google, Amazon, and other pharmaceutical companies.
- MBA graduates get an introductory pay of approximately Rs 10 Lakh. However, high pay graduates can get offers of up to Rs 80 annually.
- The graduates have the potential to increase the pay to over Rs 100 annually within 5 years of their professional lives.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: What is the application process for international students?
Ans: The application process for international students is similar to that of regular students. However, this group is allowed to use their GMAT scores.
- Q2: Can I make changes to an already sent application?
Ans: Yes, but only for a limited period. However, you will be permitted to change the name.
- Q3: How marketable is an IIM Rohtak’s MBA program?
Ans: The program is highly marketable. More than 98% of MBA graduates get placements every year. Different companies participate in the placement.
- Q4: What is the difference between a regular MBA and an Executive MBA?
Ans: Regular MBA targets professionals with less than two years of working experience while executive MBA requires more than 5 years of working experience.
If you want to get contact IIM Rohtak, kindly feel free to use the address below:
- INDIAN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT ROHTAK
- Management City NH-10 Southern Bypass, Sunaria,
- Rohtak-124010 Haryana, India
- ADMISSION OFFICE: +91-1262-228555
- PGP OFFICE: +91-1262-228511
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- E-mail: email@example.com
- FAX NO. : +91-1262-274051
- Also, you can visit the institution’s official website https://www.iimrohtak.ac.in/ for an in-depth analysis of other courses offered as well as the admission process.
Other Articles You Might Like
- Loyola Institute of Business Administration MBA Program
- PSG College of Technology MBA Program
- SIBM Pune MBA Program
- NMIMS School of Business Management MBA
- IIT Kanpur MBA Program
Image Credit: Nishta Sharma