IIM Shillong MBA Program
- Courses and Duration
- Admission Process
- Accreditation Status
- Fee Structure
- Expected Salary
- Contact Details
- Related Post
- Free Admission Guidance Available!
- IIM Shillong is one of the premier management schools established in 2007 by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
- It was formerly known as the Rajiv Gandhi Indian Institute of Management.
- It is the 7th UGC-approved IIM in India. It is a fully-autonomous institute that endeavors to produce top-notch managers.
- It offers a Post Graduate Program in Management which is equivalent to an MBA. The two-year program is designed to give students hands-on managerial skills.
Course and Duration
- It is a two-year full-time residential program. It comprises of core and elective courses obtained from different functional and cross-functional areas.
- IIM Shillong applies different pedagogical techniques like capstone courses, seminars, and case studies.
- Students must undertake the core courses during their first year of study. Afterward, they are allowed to specialize in their areas of interest.
- Area of specialization include:
- Information Systems
- Finance & Accounting
- Strategic Management
- Economics and Public Policy
- Marketing Management
- Operations and Quantitative Techniques
- General Management
- Organizational Behavior and Human Resource Management
- Every student must attend a summer internship program in an organization dealing with various activities on students’ areas of specialization.
- Towards the end of the second year, every student must undertake a research project on a topic obtained from their area of specialization.
- Candidates should hold a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from an institution recognized by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
- Candidates must have a minimum of 50% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA in their undergraduate studies. SC/ST/PWD candidates must have attained at least 45% aggregate marks or an equivalent CGPA.
- Candidates must provide a valid CAT score sheet. International students can apply using GMAT scores.
- Students in their final year of undergraduate studies will be considered, but they must provide a valid scorecard for their latest exams. If such candidates are selected for the PGP program, they must provide their scorecard or original certificate before admission.
- All prospective candidates must apply for an MBA program through the institution’s website/portal. When applying, the candidates must provide all the required details.
- Immediately after the application deadline, the admission panel shortlists those candidates who meet the minimum requirements as detailed in the “eligibility section” above.
Start Your Admission Now
Start Your Admission Now
- All shortlisted candidates are invited to attend personal interviews, group discussions, and written ability tests.
- Each candidate is awarded marks based on their performance in each stage of the interview.
- The admission panel selects the candidates with the highest score to progress to the next stage.
- To determine the final list of successful candidates, the admission panel considers their work experience, extra-curricular activities, past academic achievements, and testimonials.
- Based on the aggregate score from all the stages of the interview, the panel prepares the final list.
- All prospective candidates are informed about their MBA offer using the address provided during the application process.
- Ranked 19th best school in India by Business Today
- Ranked 26th among management schools by National Institutional Framework Rankings, 2018
- The total fee is Rs 13 lakhs. A non-refundable application fee of Rs 1000 is payable during the application process.
- The fee covers tuition, learning materials, library fee, and computer charges.
- Students living in hostels are required to pay an annual fee of approximately Rs 60,000 for mess charges.
- The institution offers limited scholarship opportunities for needy and intelligent students.
- IIM Shillong has consistently achieved over 98% placement success with more than 100 organizations participating in the exercise.
- The highest placement offer for MBA graduates is approximately Rs 26, 00, 000.
- The average placement salary is Rs 15, 50, 000.
- Some of the companies that participate in the placement process include Google, Amazon, Cognizant, Yes Bank, KPMG, and Mahindra.
- IIM Shillong MBA graduates earn an introductory salary of approximately Rs 12 Lakhs annually.
- Highly-paid graduates can start with a salary of up to Rs 30 Lakhs annually with the potential to grow to Rs 50 lakhs within two years of their professional lives.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: Does IIM Shillong allow the physical delivery of MBA applications?
Ans: Yes, you can opt to print the form after filling in all the information and submit it physically. However, it’s recommended that you submit it online since it is easier and more convenient.
- Q2: When should I register for CAT exams?
Ans: CAT registration opens in the first week of August every year. You should register to take the exam in November.
- Q3: Is an MBA a marketable program?
Ans: Yes, an MBA program has the highest placement rates in IIM Shillong. Over 98% of all MBA graduates get employment offers even before they graduate.
To get more information about the institute, you should direct all your inquiries to:
- Indian Institute of Management,
- Mayurbhanj Complex, Nongthymmai,
- Shillong – 793014, Meghalaya, India
- Telephone: 0364-2308024
- Indian Institute of Management,
- You can also access the institution’s website https://www.iimshillong.ac.in/ to get in-depth details about the program
Other Articles You Might Like
- PSG College of Technology MBA Program
- SIBM Pune MBA Program
- NMIMS School of Business Management MBA
- IIT Kanpur MBA Program
- IIM Rohtak MBA Program
Image Credit: Inakavi Kasho