IIM Trichy MBA Program
- Courses and Duration
- Admission Process
- Accreditation Status
- Fee Structure
- Expected Salary
- Contact Details
- Related Post
- Free Admission Guidance Available!
- IIM Trichy is a public institution established in 2011 under the eleventh Five-Year Plan by the Government of India.
- The IIM Trichy is situated in Tiruchirappalli located in the Tamil Nadu region, India.
- It offers an MBA degree which takes two years to complete. During the period of study, the students are exposed to rigorous training programs in different courses including marketing, finance, human resource, and resource mobilization.
Courses and Duration
- This is a two-year flagship full-time program aimed at instilling discipline, focus, and oriented approach to business management issues.
- It offers the program as the Postgraduate Program in Management (PGPM) which is equivalent to an MBA of any Indian University.
- It’s structured to have assignments, class presentations, evaluation tests, project presentations, and final evaluation test. Through every stage, the students are guided by professional lecturers to ensure that they develop into competent business leaders.
- The PGPM/MBA course receives students from different cultures, countries, and religious beliefs to inculcate tolerance which is key in business management.
- The following postgraduate programmes are offered at IIM Trichy:
- Post Graduate Program in Management (PGPM)
- Post Graduate Program in Management -HR (PGPM-HR)
- Fellow Program in Management (FPM)
- Post Graduate Program in Business Management (Chennai) (PGPBM-Chennai)
For any candidate to qualify for admission, they must prove that they meet the following requirements:
- Hold a bachelor’s or Master’s degree from a university recognized by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, the Government of India. Additionally, the bachelor’s degree must be of at least 3 academic years after class 12.
- Candidate must have at least 50% aggregate marks or equivalent 5.0 CGPA points. In cases of SC/ST/ PwD, the institution relaxes the requirement by 5 (45% aggregate or 4.5 CGPA points).
- Score the required percentile (as set by the institution) for the CAT exams. The international students are allowed to join using their GMAT scorecard.
- Any candidate in their final year of study is allowed to apply for an MBA program in IIM Trichy. However, the student is required to bring a letter/ a certificate from the registrar of their current university ascertaining that the student is in their final year of study.
- Students awaiting graduation should prove that they obtained at least 50% marks in their last exams or their equivalent points. Similarly, the SC/ST/PwD student’s marks requirements are relaxed by 5 points.
- The students in their final year will only be admitted if, by the time of admission, they provide an original certificate or letter ascertaining they have fulfilled all graduation requirements from their current university
- Submit a duly-filled application form before the application deadline.
- After submitting the application form, the university’s admission officials will assess them to select those who meet the eligibility criteria.
Start Your Admission Now
Start Your Admission Now
- One of the most critical eligibility requirements is the CAT scorecard (no candidate will be allowed to the next admission phase without valid CAT scorecard). Also, each candidate must score the required percentile to continue to the next admission stage.
- Those candidates who meet the eligibility criteria are shortlisted and called for Written Ability Tests and Personal Interviews (PI).
- During the PI, the selection panel will determine the candidate’s communication skills, writing abilities, and professional experience.
- Candidates must score at least a percentile of 95 in CAT to progress to the next stage of admission
- Rank well in the CAT, Academic Achievement, Work Experience, WAT, and the PI are selected to join the university.
- If you qualify, the university admission panel will communicate using the details that you provided during the application process. The vacancy invitation will include the fee structure and all the other details pertaining to your stay in the institution.
- The institution is in the process of getting accredited by the Association of MBAs (AMBA)
- Approved by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India
- IIM Trichy has received UGC approval to offer the MBA
- National Institutional Ranking Framework ranked the institution 15th in India in 2018
- Ranked 12th by the QS World Ranking in 2018
- You’ll pay a total of Rs 14, 00,000/- for the two years program
- The fee does not include textbooks, insurance, clothes, travel, and laptop repair
- Needy students qualify for a partial scholarship
- The institution achieved a high placement rate in 2019. The average CTC went up to INR 14.91 LPA
- Approximately 94 recruiters participated in the recruitment exercise where more than 170 offers were made.
- The 2019 batch achieved a 100% placement rate.
- The average salary for IIM Trichy MBA graduates is Rs 16 Lakhs. This salary increases to approximately Rs 50 Lakhs within the first two years of working.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: Must I have an undergraduate degree from IIM Trichy to do an MBA?
Ans: No, the IIM Trichy accepts a bachelor’s degree from any recognized university. However, the degree should be programmed to take a minimum of 3 academic years
- Q2: Does the institution have facilities to support abled differently students?
Ans: IIM Trichy is a highly inclusive institution that supports coexistence among people of different origins, races, and abilities. To increase the intake of the people that are abled differently, the institution has lowered the required aggregate marks by 5 points for these candidates. Also, all the facilities in the institution have an architecture meant to make life easy for these students
- Q3: Can I do an MBA if I have a degree in Architecture?
Ans: Yes, you will be admitted to the MBA program with a degree in any discipline. However, the institution that awarded the degree must be approved by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India
- Q4: How long does the program take?
Ans: The MBA is a two-year full-time program, Within this duration, you will have interactive lessons, assignments, and projects to help you comprehend the management concepts better.
Indian Institute of Management Tiruchirappalli
- Pudukkottai Main Road, Chinna Suriyur Village
- Tiruchirappalli – 620 024, Tamil Nadu.
- You can also visit the institution’s website https://www.iimtrichy.ac.in to get all the information that you need about the MBA program.
Other Articles You Might Like
- DMS IIT Delhi MBA Program
- Shailesh J.Mehta School of Management IIT Bombay MBA Program
- IIT Roorkee MBA Program
- Management Development Institute Gurgaon MBA Program
- IIM Udaipur MBA Program
Image Credit: Kimberly Park